Time to get BIG! ConstipatedBrah's Avatar
    ConstipatedBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) ConstipatedBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) ConstipatedBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) ConstipatedBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) ConstipatedBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) ConstipatedBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) ConstipatedBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) ConstipatedBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) ConstipatedBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) ConstipatedBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) ConstipatedBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Rate my workout.

Weight as of today: 64.10 kg.

Time in 10:15 - Time out 11:15

Biceps

Machine Preacher Curls
    12 reps - 15kg
    12 reps - 25kg
    11 reps - 30kg
    8 reps - 35 kg
    7 reps 35 kg

Hammer Curls with DB
    8 reps 10kg
    7 reps 10kg
    8 reps 10kg
    7 reps 10kg

Triceps

Rope Pulldown
    12 reps 7.5kg
    12 reps 15kg
    10 reps 15kg
    11 reps 15kg

Straight Bar Pulldown
    9 reps 7.5kg
    10 reps 15kg
    10 reps 15kg
    8 reps 17.5kg

Tricep Kickbacks
    12 reps 5kg
    12 reps 5kg

Reverse Curls
    12 reps 12kg x 4

Pull ups @ bodyweight
    8 reps
    7 reps
    6 reps

26 sets - took me 1 hour
    I want bodybuilding to be part of my lifestyle.

Started at 121 lbs, currently at 139 lbs. Let's get to 175 now!

Until I feel I look good I won't post any avatar.

Justamonsta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justamonsta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justamonsta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justamonsta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justamonsta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justamonsta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justamonsta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justamonsta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justamonsta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justamonsta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justamonsta will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You're getting a lot of volume work done in a short amount of time, so that's good. I imagine you take very short rest periods, which for Hypertrophy can also be a good thing. I'd like to see more reps on the tricep rope pushdowns, maybe in the 15+ range. Maybe a bit more weight with the hammer curls too, even if it means 1 less set. Also, I like pull-ups on back day, and you might want to think about moving them, but otherwise, not bad!

Edit: Maybe swap out one tricep exercise for incline skullcrushers...

ConstipatedBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) ConstipatedBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) ConstipatedBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) ConstipatedBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) ConstipatedBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) ConstipatedBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) ConstipatedBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) ConstipatedBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) ConstipatedBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) ConstipatedBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) ConstipatedBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Justamonsta View Post
    You're getting a lot of volume work done in a short amount of time, so that's good. I imagine you take very short rest periods, which for Hypertrophy can also be a good thing. I'd like to see more reps on the tricep rope pushdowns, maybe in the 15+ range. Maybe a bit more weight with the hammer curls too, even if it means 1 less set. Also, I like pull-ups on back day, and you might want to think about moving them, but otherwise, not bad!

Edit: Maybe swap out one tricep exercise for incline skullcrushers...
    Alright

Yeah my rests are very short, I don't like standing about. I will try Skullcrushers, the only reason I did pull ups was because I refused to leave before an hour was done and had to do something.

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Lightbulb

"Started at 121 lbs, currently at 139 lbs"

Focus on compound movements like the squat, bench press, deadlift, OH press, dip, chinup and bentover row. You are using way too much volume to hit small muscle groups, such as your biceps and triceps. What does your entire routine look like? Also, if you want to post your workouts, do so in the 'workout journals' section. Go there and start a log to track your progress.

adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why are you doing pull-ups on bicep day?
    I remove my shirt to poop crew
    Hookey Pookey crew

Captain Funpants' Poop Log of Excellence:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146431903

Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by adamdavidson47 View Post
    Why are you doing pull-ups on bicep day?
    Because pull-ups employ the biceps. Nothing wrong there.

I'd question more why he's doing triceps on bicep/pull-up day, and where all the other compound exercises are.
    No dips for triceps?

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Afrosaurus View Post
    Because pull-ups employ the biceps.
    Barely. It would've made more sense if he'd done chinups instead.

adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Because pull-ups employ the biceps. Nothing wrong there.

I'd question more why he's doing triceps on bicep/pull-up day, and where all the other compound exercises are.
    No dips for triceps?
    Wut. It's a lat exercise. Why would you do a lat exercise on bicep day? It's all isolation exercises, then pull ups at the end. Makes no sense to me. Do pull ups on whatever day you do back, not by themselves on bicep day.
    I remove my shirt to poop crew
    Hookey Pookey crew

Captain Funpants' Poop Log of Excellence:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146431903

I did my pull ups close grip underhand :|

Why is everyone so focused on compund movements? What am I missing?

renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Everything
    I wanna be the very best
    Like no one ever was
    To catch them is my real test
    To train them is my cause

I will travel across the land
    Searching far and wide
    Each Pokemon to understand
    The power that's inside

Originally Posted by ConstipatedBrah View Post
    What am I missing?
    Read the stickies.

Justamonsta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justamonsta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justamonsta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justamonsta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justamonsta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justamonsta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justamonsta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justamonsta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justamonsta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justamonsta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justamonsta will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's an arm workout, wtf compound movement do you want him to do for arms? lol... It's a solid workout, but like I said, skullcrushers should be swapped in. If your split has you set up with a specific arm day, which is something many bodybuilders have, then this is totally fine. I'm assuming of course that on his other split days he is doing the appropriate compound moves...

Originally Posted by Justamonsta View Post
    It's an arm workout, wtf compound movement do you want him to do for arms?
    I never said that. The OP is a newbie who is struggling to gain weight and he just spent an hour training arms with 26 sets. Are you serious? He'll get better results if he cuts the volume by about 50%.

I am also curious about his routine. I see newbs like him a lot in the gym. They spend an hour working their 'gunz' but barely spend 30 minutes working their legs.

Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by adamdavidson47 View Post
    Wut. It's a lat exercise. Why would you do a lat exercise on bicep day? It's all isolation exercises, then pull ups at the end. Makes no sense to me. Do pull ups on whatever day you do back, not by themselves on bicep day.
    To be honest, the workout itself looks like part of a pretty bad program. Also, judging by his weight, I doubt he's doing a 4 day split. For all we know, that's all the lat work he does. We can't make any conclusions until we see the rest of the regime.

fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OP, I feel like you're not big enough to have and arm day. Focus on compound movements
    In addition to being an amazing body builder (LOL), I'm also a rapper.
    Check out my group's youtube page:

www.youtube.com/wenthemooneclypse

And my solo youtube page

www.youtube.com/frankielyrical

Well, I'm doing the following routine and if you want to improve on it let me know.

Monday Shoulders and Back
    Tuesday Bi and Tri's
    Wednesday Legs
    Thursday Chest

Basically with 3-4 days off between each bodypart.

Would that be inferior to splits.

Dano85 is just really nice. (+1000) Dano85 is just really nice. (+1000) Dano85 is just really nice. (+1000) Dano85 is just really nice. (+1000) Dano85 is just really nice. (+1000) Dano85 is just really nice. (+1000) Dano85 is just really nice. (+1000) Dano85 is just really nice. (+1000) Dano85 is just really nice. (+1000) Dano85 is just really nice. (+1000) Dano85 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by -Lucifer View Post
    "Started at 121 lbs, currently at 139 lbs"

Focus on compound movements like the squat, bench press, deadlift, OH press, dip, chinup and bentover row. You are using way too much volume to hit small muscle groups, such as your biceps and triceps. What does your entire routine look like? Also, if you want to post your workouts, do so in the 'workout journals' section. Go there and start a log to track your progress.
    by far the best advice in this thread...you would be better just doing those 6 exercises 3 times a week then having an arm day lol.....i bet you arm day has more set and exercises then your leg day too....
    Train for Strength, Eat For Size, Rest for Recovery, Repeat for Results

Alright so today I did the following - focusing on strength. Is this better, because I did what you asked.

Chest - strength day

Time in 13:05 - Time out 14:15

BB Bench Press

1st set 40kg 8 reps
    2nd set 50kg 6 reps
    3rd set 60kg 5 reps
    4th set 60kg 5 reps
    5th set 65kg 4 reps

Machine Chest Press

40kg 8 reps
    50kg 6 reps
    55kg 6 reps
    60kg 6 reps
    65kg 5 reps

DB bench press

20kg 6 reps
    22.5kg 5 reps
    22.5kg 6 reps

Pec Deck

25kg 6 reps
    30kg 6 reps
    40kg 5 reps
    40kg 5 reps

Chest Cable Pulls (Pulling them together almost like a cable pec deck)
    15kg 8 reps
    20kg 7 reps

Flies Machine

20kg 6 reps
    30kg 6 reps
    35kg 6 reps
    40kg 6 reps

Over Head Press

15kg 10 reps
    15kg 10 reps
    20kg 10 reps
    25kg 8 reps
    25kg 6 reps

End of worokout.

This has much more compound movements in, is this better?

Alright so today I did the following - focusing on strength. Is this better, because I did what you asked.
    That's not bad, but it's not a 'strength workout'. It's still a hypertrophy workout. If you want to train for strength, you would be doing not more than 5 reps per set and your routine would usually be a low-volume one (example: Starting Strength).

You don't need a tonne of exercises, either. Keep it simple and train 3-4x a week. Go to the 'workout programs' section and look at the stickies. All Pro's routine is a good one for newbies such as yourself.

bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    you're wayyy too small to be having an arms day.

you need some food and squats. seriously.

Arrow

Here's my current routine. Use it if you like it. Do 3x8 if you think 4x8 is too much for you.

[MON] LOWER ‘A’
    [6x5] Front squat
    [2x8] RDL
    [4x8] Decline situp

[TUE] UPPER ‘A’
    [4x8] Flat DB press
    [4xF] Dip
    [20x] Chinup
    [4x8] One arm row

[THU] LOWER ‘B’
    [4x8] Squat (LB)
    [2x5] Good morning
    [4x8] Calf raise

[FRI] UPPER ‘B’
    [4x8] DB OH press
    [4xF] Dip
    [20x] Chinup
    [4x8] Shrug

'4xF' means 4 sets done for as many reps as you can muster, without sacrificing form
    '20x' means you should do at least 20 reps during each session
    'LB' means 'low bar', i.e. the kind of squat you do when you run the Starting Strength programme

I do chinups and dips twice a week simply because I loathe isolation movements (not saying you shouldn't do them). Feel free to add biceps curls, triceps extensions and lateral raises to the 'upper days'. Maybe even some forearm/grip stuff if that's a lagging part.

beiko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beiko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beiko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beiko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beiko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beiko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beiko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beiko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beiko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beiko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beiko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I did my pull ups close grip underhand :|

Why is everyone so focused on compund movements? What am I missing?
    they work multiple muscle groups at once. rather than just curls that work arms alone.
    heres what i would do, split your arms into back and chest days. for example back/bi, chest/tri, shoulders/abs, legs. on back day do deadlifts and bent over rows, on chest day do bench press and dips, on shoulders day do BB/DB shoulder press, and on legs do squats. Then add the other isolating exercises, that way you get both isolation and compound movements.
    Last edited by beiko; 02-28-2013 at 07:11 AM.

Originally Posted by -Lucifer View Post
    Here's my current routine. Use it if you like it. Do 3x8 if you think 4x8 is too much for you.

[MON] LOWER ‘A’
    [6x5] Front squat
    [2x8] RDL
    [4x8] Decline situp

[TUE] UPPER ‘A’
    [4x8] Flat DB press
    [4xF] Dip
    [20x] Chinup
    [4x8] One arm row

[THU] LOWER ‘B’
    [4x8] Squat (LB)
    [2x5] Good morning
    [4x8] Calf raise

[FRI] UPPER ‘B’
    [4x8] DB OH press
    [4xF] Dip
    [20x] Chinup
    [4x8] Shrug

'4xF' means 4 sets done for as many reps as you can muster, without sacrificing form
    '20x' means you should do at least 20 reps during each session
    'LB' means 'low bar', i.e. the kind of squat you do when you run the Starting Strength programme

I do chinups and dips twice a week simply because I loathe isolation movements (not saying you shouldn't do them). Feel free to add biceps curls, triceps extensions and lateral raises to the 'upper days'. Maybe even some forearm/grip stuff if that's a lagging part.
    Hooo

I see so many compounds. Alright I'll give it a shot.

I've done squats before and they felt uncomfortable, so I'll start very light weight, is the weight relevant or all that matters is that I am doing them?

Hooo

I see so many compounds. Alright I'll give it a shot.

I've done squats before and they felt uncomfortable, so I'll start very light weight, is the weight relevant or all that matters is that I am doing them?
    Your form is what is going to matter most, weight should be a distant second.

Your form is what is going to matter most, weight should be a distant second.
    This.

Work on your form first, OP, then worry about increasing the load. Start with the bar (45 lbs) and then gradually add weight. There's no need to rush things, as you are very young and have more than enough time to squat big numbers. You also have to decide what squat style you want to adapt to. Low-bar (powerlifters/strength trainees) is when you place the bar on your rear delts and 'sit back' (hips are the first to move back). ; high-bar (Oly lifters) is when you place the bar on your traps and sit straight down. It's easier to break parallel using this style. (knees will be the first to move forward i.e. you break at knees)

Search YouTube for 'Squat Rx' and also the 'So You Think You Can Squat' series. After a few months, start posting your squat vids here so we may critique your form. Good luck.