theonlyant will become famous soon enough. (+50) theonlyant will become famous soon enough. (+50) theonlyant will become famous soon enough. (+50) theonlyant will become famous soon enough. (+50) theonlyant will become famous soon enough. (+50) theonlyant will become famous soon enough. (+50) theonlyant will become famous soon enough. (+50) theonlyant will become famous soon enough. (+50) theonlyant will become famous soon enough. (+50) theonlyant will become famous soon enough. (+50) theonlyant will become famous soon enough. (+50)

If Your Abs Aren't Sore the Day After Your Workout...

Last yr when I was cutting, my abs would be sore the day after I worked them. This yr, so far anyway, I'm having a hard time getting them sore. I'm doing the same routines as last yr & like to *think* that my form is even better now, but maybe not. Here's what I'm doing:

Giant Set X4:
    25 hanging leg raises (sometimes I hold a med ball between knees)
    25 cable crunches (100lbs)
    50 reptiles

I'm resting 30 seconds between the Giant Sets.

Anyone a fan of working them again the following day? (I didn't have to do that last yr) Or better to follow a 'don't work the same bodypart for X hours' mantra? Or is there an issue w/ my routine?

I'm posting this in the O35 forum because maybe its age related? If its better for the Exercise forum, MOD please move

Thanks in advance!
    ant
    Fasted Cardio: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=747976
    Nutritient Timing: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=123915821

Twitter: @theonlyant

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Soreness doesn't equal progression.
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555

philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Smile

I am doing decline sit ups with 8 lbs behind my head, five sets of eight reps. Waist has come in 2 inches.
    Goal is five sets of ten reps with a much higher weight. This is for good health and my ego needs something special, this is working. I am pleassed with my slooow progress.
    Do what's right.

Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey Ant, what are reptiles? Never hear of them.
    Lift light until you can lift right

BW 220: S:650 B:435 D:615 IG: tourostrengthtraining

theonlyant will become famous soon enough. (+50) theonlyant will become famous soon enough. (+50) theonlyant will become famous soon enough. (+50) theonlyant will become famous soon enough. (+50) theonlyant will become famous soon enough. (+50) theonlyant will become famous soon enough. (+50) theonlyant will become famous soon enough. (+50) theonlyant will become famous soon enough. (+50) theonlyant will become famous soon enough. (+50) theonlyant will become famous soon enough. (+50) theonlyant will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by drudixon View Post
    Soreness doesn't equal progression.
    Do you work your abs everyday when cutting?

Originally Posted by philipj View Post
    I am doing decline sit ups with 8 lbs behind my head, five sets of eight reps. Waist has come in 2 inches.
    Goal is five sets of ten reps with a much higher weight. This is for good health and my ego needs something special, this is working. I am pleassed with my slooow progress.
    Great job! Losing 2" on your waist should make you feel good!
    Fasted Cardio: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=747976
    Nutritient Timing: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=123915821

Twitter: @theonlyant

Originally Posted by Get-n-fit View Post
    Hey Ant, what are reptiles? Never hear of them.
    Hey man, I might not be using the right name (Plank Knee Tucks?). You get in plank position & pull one knee up to your side and back. Then alternate to the other knee. I was gonna post a link, but I'm still in the 'Newbies Can't Post Links' Sandbox haha

All my PRs are history HoustonTXMuscle's Avatar
    HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by theonlyant View Post
    Hey man, I might not be using the right name (Plank Knee Tucks?). You get in plank position & pull one knee up to your side and back. Then alternate to the other knee. I was gonna post a link, but I'm still in the 'Newbies Can't Post Links' Sandbox haha
    Will do it for you.

As one who works abs/core 2 to 3 times/wk, I'd suggest you might add several other exercises, mix things up a bit and rotate exercises so as to avoid Adaptation.
    Last edited by HoustonTXMuscle; 02-28-2013 at 06:46 AM.
    Inactivity Kills!!!

My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140991491 Age is NOT an acceptable excuse.

Played with dinosaurs as a child. Back then everyone was thin; it was a matter of out-running the raptors or being one of their meals.