Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Feeling severely nauseous after attempted sprinting?

This is the second night this week that I've done some steep uphill sprinting and I feel so disgustingly nauseous. During the walk home it just happened. I feel like how you feel when you've stuffed your face so full of something that now it seems disgusting to you and you just want to hurl(most of you bbuilders probably won't know that feeling lol!). I also feel lightheaded and like my head is tiny. ?? I didn't know that the 'runner's high' that I hear about so much was like an acid high(lol)!

I didn't eat a lot before I hit the hills, is there something you should or shouldn't do pre-workout to prevent severe nausea? If I knew how to induce vomit right now I'd do it---that's how sick I feel.

:x

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Bobbia View Post
    This is the second night this week that I've done some steep uphill sprinting and I feel so disgustingly nauseous. During the walk home it just happened. I feel like how you feel when you've stuffed your face so full of something that now it seems disgusting to you and you just want to hurl(most of you bbuilders probably won't know that feeling lol!). I also feel lightheaded and like my head is tiny. ?? I didn't know that the 'runner's high' that I hear about so much was like an acid high(lol)!

I didn't eat a lot before I hit the hills, is there something you should or shouldn't do pre-workout to prevent severe nausea? If I knew how to induce vomit right now I'd do it---that's how sick I feel.

LOL - could just means you are doing them correctly!

Seriously though - sometimes HARD sprints will make you want to hurl - reason being is that the adrenaline / stress hormones released by this cause the blood to move away from your intestines - so they stop moving and anything in them 'sits' (reason why 'fear' gives you that 'heavy stomach' feeling too).

The small head thing? Hmmm.... Not sure!! But if in doubt:
    1. Get a medical check to make sure your heart/ health is ok.
    2. hydrate correctly + rehydrate correctly [fluid and electrolytes]
    3. don't overdose on caffeine/ energy supplements beforehand
    4. feed yourself sufficiently, but don't eat too close to training or you'll likely up-chuck even worse!

Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hmmm...the 'small head' thing continues to mystify lol. Next time I am not eating an hour before I sprint.

Taylormae is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taylormae is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taylormae is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taylormae is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taylormae is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taylormae is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taylormae is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taylormae is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taylormae is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taylormae is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taylormae is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Sounds about right! I remember my first spin sprinting session, I felt so ill, I honestly thought I was going to hurl on the bike.

Hmmm. Now I know to not stop till I feel like upchucking! Good to have a marker lol.

justass will become famous soon enough. (+50) justass will become famous soon enough. (+50) justass will become famous soon enough. (+50) justass will become famous soon enough. (+50) justass will become famous soon enough. (+50) justass will become famous soon enough. (+50) justass will become famous soon enough. (+50) justass will become famous soon enough. (+50) justass will become famous soon enough. (+50) justass will become famous soon enough. (+50) justass will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sprints are anaerobic, so they can make you nauseous just like squatting or any other exercise that builds up significant lactic acid in your system.

Light headed? I agree with Emma-Leigh (who is a doc, I believe?) that you should get a medical check up. You also may want to think about a heart rate monitor.

Did you work up to doing full sprints or did you just start doing them? Sprint training is tough on your system...just be careful not to overdo it.
    Citius! Fortius! Altius!

www.miamifuryfootball.com

Justass of the Piece, #3.14
    Miami Fury starting center, retired roller derby player and coach and continually aspiring tough chick

jaymeg1926 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's not a real workout til you puke That's the ultimate!

BRB - Gettin' shredded FemmeFatale28's Avatar
    FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    bahaha.. welcome to my life every...morning! Ahh.. anyways my NCOIC ( the sergent in charge of me) always says if you dont feel like puking, you didnt do it right. So.. yeah..

As for the light headedness, I will sometimes feel that way if my breathing isnt controlled or if I am tense during a run/or other forced cardio madness. I try to keep my body as relaxed as it can be given the situation... for instance, dont hunch your shoulders up by your ears, dont ball your hands up, I leave my hands floppy at the wrist ( it allows blood to flow more freely), keep your jaws relaxed, I like to breath through my mouth, A. its a bigger hole, and B. it keeps me from clenching my jaw. Just pay attention to your body and try to realize what every part of it is doing when you are running.

LJrunning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJrunning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJrunning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJrunning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJrunning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJrunning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJrunning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJrunning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJrunning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJrunning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJrunning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I get the same thing from spin classes and all the lactic acid! Ouch! But totally worth the pain
    The more I learn, the more I realize there is to learn.

Run faster, Eat wiser, Train harder, Lift heavier, Know more...or maybe I am just a Virgo??

Originally Posted by justass View Post
    Did you work up to doing full sprints or did you just start doing them? Sprint training is tough on your system...just be careful not to overdo it.
    Just started. Never even jogged or anything before and I am making myself go up hills that at some points are literally San Francisco style. I probably can't go more than fifteen yards at top speed and I feel exhausted even after that.

Must develope a firm fanny!!!

Horticulturist/Pet Sitter georgiehopper's Avatar
    georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just started. Never even jogged or anything before and I am making myself go up hills that at some points are literally San Francisco style. I probably can't go more than fifteen yards at top speed and I feel exhausted even after that.

Must develope a firm fanny!!!
    If you've never done anything like that before, you need to get used to doing it first. Many years ago, I wasn't warming up or cooling down after some intense workouts, the world would be spinning or I'd almost black out. It scared the hell out of me and I quit doing intense workouts for a long long time. Now I know that I have to properly prepare and cool down afterwards.

Many runners barf during marathons. My own sister is a runner, and she gags along the way. It doesn't bother her, and she laughs about it.

Me personally? I don't like feeling that way, so never make things that intense.

Haha yikes that is hardcore! I don't really warm up or cool down aside from the brisk walk to and from the area a few blocks away with the hills that I sprint up. Maybe I should conquer flat land sprinting before taking it to the hills but I figure; it'll be disgustingly hard either way so might as well start with the really hard?

azmic123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) azmic123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) azmic123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) azmic123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) azmic123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) azmic123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) azmic123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) azmic123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) azmic123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) azmic123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) azmic123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    This just happened to me i got back from doing hill sprints and i felt like i was sick and on drugs

snooj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Are you used to doing sprints? You could just be adjusting. They're also, well, sprints, and take a toll quickly on the body. I get the same way. Not drinking so much during the work out, but rather after, helps. I also get light headed easily, but that's because I have low blood pressure so anything fast can get me woozy. Oddly, when I checked with my doctor she also pointed out I had low sodium which can cause fainting, and adding salt has really helped. Double check that with a doctor just to make sure it's nothing.

paleorainy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paleorainy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paleorainy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paleorainy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paleorainy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paleorainy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paleorainy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paleorainy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paleorainy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paleorainy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paleorainy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

I do not know if this may be useful but after sprinting sessions, if I drive home from the gym with the heating on I always get that feeling of nausea and wanting to dash for the bathroom! I have found out if I switch the heating off that feeling goes away.
    Cold air seems to make a difference, even if I find that odd especially in winter when I could be driving home comfortably in a warm car.