JDFBear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Mealtime Advice needed

I'm pretty new to this situation. i have joined a gym and after realizing i have no idea what the heck i was doing i ended up agreeing and getting a personal trainer. I haven't had a chance to discuss this with him and figured what the heck ill ask on here. He has devised a meal plan for me. its roughly the following

Breakfast:
    2 eggs 3 egg whites, oatmeal
    Snack:
    one of the following Tuna, nuts, rice cakes, or cottage cheese
    Lunch:
    Chicken, Low GI carb
    Snack:
    same as 1st snack
    Dinner:
    Chicken, vegetables
    snack:
    Cottage Cheese

I was told to eat roughly every 2.5--3 hours Now my problem is my work schedule on

Mondays, Wednesdays I work 230p-830a i then come home and sleep 9a-1p
    Tuesday, Thursdays i work 230p-12a I then go home and usually go to sleep 2a and wake at 9a to head to the gym at 11a

Now everyone tells me to eat breakfast its important. do i start my meals the same time everyday no matter what i work or do start my meals based on when i wake up for the day? My gym days are roughly Mon, Wed, Fri 11am

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You don't have to eat every 2-3 hours
    You don't have to eat breakfast

muffinmits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muffinmits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muffinmits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muffinmits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muffinmits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muffinmits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muffinmits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muffinmits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muffinmits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muffinmits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muffinmits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JDFBear View Post
    I'm pretty new to this situation. i have joined a gym and after realizing i have no idea what the heck i was doing i ended up agreeing and getting a personal trainer. I haven't had a chance to discuss this with him and figured what the heck ill ask on here. He has devised a meal plan for me. its roughly the following

Breakfast:
    2 eggs 3 egg whites, oatmeal
    Snack:
    one of the following Tuna, nuts, rice cakes, or cottage cheese
    Lunch:
    Chicken, Low GI carb
    Snack:
    same as 1st snack
    Dinner:
    Chicken, vegetables
    snack:
    Cottage Cheese

I was told to eat roughly every 2.5--3 hours Now my problem is my work schedule on

Mondays, Wednesdays I work 230p-830a i then come home and sleep 9a-1p
    Tuesday, Thursdays i work 230p-12a I then go home and usually go to sleep 2a and wake at 9a to head to the gym at 11a

Now everyone tells me to eat breakfast its important. do i start my meals the same time everyday no matter what i work or do start my meals based on when i wake up for the day? My gym days are roughly Mon, Wed, Fri 11am
    I don't think it really matters. You should do what works best for YOU. It will take a while to come up with a system that you can stick to, but the longer your experiment and pay attention to your nutrition, the easier it will become. As long as you're hitting your macros (hopefully your trainer gave you these, and not just arbitrary food assignments), and eating throughout the day rather than say, one giant meal, you're probably going to be fine.

moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    You don't have to eat every 2-3 hours
    You don't have to eat breakfast
    This x2.

Eat when you want, there's no magical time table (IF v. 2-3hrs) that's going to change overall macros.
    Follow me on an enchanting adventure (My Log):

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153543271