KJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Perfectionist and chest fat

As a perfectionist I want things to be perfect, but when it comes to my body it is anything but perfect. Over the past 3 months I have been working out full body all pro's beginner routine. I have gone from 140 to 170 pounds bench 160 to 200 pounds squats and 20-30 pounds on all my other workouts. I was, was on a clean bulk diet till last week...I gave into McDonald's for 4 days straight and have stopped working out...I was pissed off at my results. The thing is being skinny fat I carry a lot of fat on my chest...everywhere else is fine.

This **** is pretty embarrassing...and what made me give is my perfectionist mind set...pretty much my thought was this isn't working I am not seeing the greatest results...what if I still look like crap. Right now I weight 175 and I am 6 feet. Before I started bulking I didn't lift a lot, I did more body weight exercises and cardio...My lowest weight a couple of months ago was 155 pounds and I still had fat on my chest. I was eating 1500-1600 calories and still my piece of **** body didn't want to cooperate.

After doing some research and people telling me to clean bulk . Anyways 3 months later here I am, my chest looks the same if not any bigger. I know 3 months isn't a long time but It sucks. The mind set I have as a perfectionist make me critique myself to the point I give up...

I know its stupid to make excuses...but when the results you envision aren't becoming a reality especially after working hard it makes you think. Thoughts like is it worth it, maybe I should take steroids...

I dunno, any motivating words would be great thanks
    Last edited by KJ23; 02-25-2013 at 10:08 PM.

Sheize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You have already pointed out the obvious points. The mental aspect is the hardest. If you add 20-30 pounds in a few months on all your workouts, it means you're making good progress in some way. Maybe not the progress you're looking for, but it's a great starting position. And you know that.

Personally I believe some form of mental training could be just as effective as physical training. One simple example is the fact that stress causes physical and chemical changes in your body, which will affect your physical goals in a negative way. I have no idea if you're experiencing any stress in any way whatsoever, but I'm justing pointing out the power of the brain.

Maybe you should try to change something totally unrelated. I don't know if there's anything blocking you from getting to your goals.

Personally I do self hypnosis while training and in some other occasions, just to rethink and review my life. This might sound a little deep and lame, but it's something people do all day without knowing. It's my personal tool to make a small change in my day.

So start with clearing your brain in some way and get back that motivation that made you gain strength. The rest will come.

JChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) JChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) JChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) JChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) JChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) JChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) JChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) JChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) JChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) JChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) JChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If after 3 months the progress isn't noticeble than their is a problem. Start looking into new/different routines and get excited about those. If you look at where your at too much you will never get to where you need to be. You must move your eyes forward to the future and get excited about the new approach.

KJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks guys I realized nothing is perfect, just my ego getting in the way...anyways time to do the little things and work hard and gotta be patient. thanks for the replies