MattDTS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDTS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDTS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDTS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDTS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Back To The Weights!

After nearly a 2 year hiatus from the gym I am getting back into the swing of things.

A very brief history of myself:
    - I competed as a natural bodybuilder in 2009 placing 3rd in both the teen division, and the novice heavyweight division
    - After that competition I gave powerlifting a good run as well posting up in gym lifts of a: 350lbs bench, 455lbs deadlift, and a 405lbs squat.
    - STOPPED LIFTING.
    - Went back to training mma helping friends/training partners get ready for amateur and pro fights (my fights got scratched for various reasons..lame)
    - Began competing in triathlons where I did very well
    - Now I am back in the gym since mid January hitting some weights while I get ready to run a marathon in 5 weeks!

I am also training individuals through online coaching helping them reach their goals (sports, strength, bodybuilding, etc), and am writing for ALERT DIVER magazine! Check the sig for more!
    Attached Images
    Del Tufo Training Systems

http://www.deltufotraining.com/

EliteKane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If your gonna be running a marathon i wouldn't wanna put on a bunch of muscle.

MattDTS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDTS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDTS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDTS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDTS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by EliteKane View Post
    If your gonna be running a marathon i wouldn't wanna put on a bunch of muscle.
    It's true that you wouldn't want a lot of muscle mass for endurance events as it takes a lot of oxygen to feed those muscles. I am however, confident in the program I am running now leading up to the marathon. I have been improving in both strength and aerobic capacity. Last week was a 13.1 mile run and I felt pretty good throughout it.
    Del Tufo Training Systems

http://www.deltufotraining.com/