Registered User Nuclear_Warrior's Avatar
    Nuclear_Warrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nuclear_Warrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nuclear_Warrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nuclear_Warrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nuclear_Warrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nuclear_Warrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nuclear_Warrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nuclear_Warrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nuclear_Warrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nuclear_Warrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nuclear_Warrior is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Using Leg Press for Hammies

My gym is by no means a BB gym, but the alternatives are Planet Fitness and LA Fitness, so I am content to be without much variety, but at least without any douchebaggery.

So I was trying to do a hamstring focused workout and stumbled on to something I wasn't expecting.

After doing D/B stiff legs, seated curls, and smith Straight legs, I finished up on the leg press. I found if I placed my feet high up, almost half the top off the pushing surface and pushed with my heel/mid foot it totally killed my hamstrings and glutes. I guess I was doing an inverted butt blaster type movement.

Any other creative ways to hit the hams out there?

BZBantam is on a distinguished road. (+10) BZBantam is on a distinguished road. (+10) BZBantam is on a distinguished road. (+10) BZBantam is on a distinguished road. (+10) BZBantam is on a distinguished road. (+10) BZBantam is on a distinguished road. (+10) BZBantam is on a distinguished road. (+10) BZBantam is on a distinguished road. (+10) BZBantam is on a distinguished road. (+10) BZBantam is on a distinguished road. (+10) BZBantam is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yup, on a leg press feet up higher and further apart will bring the hamstrings and glutes into play a bit more. Closer and lower will focus on the quads.

Does your gym have a station for glute/ham raises? You can also do these where people do back hyperextensions. I set the knee pad a bit lower and really focus on squeezing the hamstrings and glutes on the way up. Hold onto a plate and you're all set.

DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Nuclear_Warrior View Post
    My gym is by no means a BB gym, but the alternatives are Planet Fitness and LA Fitness, so I am content to be without much variety, but at least without any douchebaggery.

So I was trying to do a hamstring focused workout and stumbled on to something I wasn't expecting.

After doing D/B stiff legs, seated curls, and smith Straight legs, I finished up on the leg press. I found if I placed my feet high up, almost half the top off the pushing surface and pushed with my heel/mid foot it totally killed my hamstrings and glutes. I guess I was doing an inverted butt blaster type movement.

Any other creative ways to hit the hams out there?
    You already nailed it there. Raising your legs up on the pad will put more emphasis to your hams.
    Also the further you step with DB Lunges, the more emphasis you put to your hams.