Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50)

College Football Training Log

Football has always been a passion of mine, so I have been working hard the last 3 and 1/2 years trying to get my weight up so I can accomplish my goals. When I first started lifting I was 6' 153 lbs, so pretty tiny. I have come a long way since then and I decided to make a training log to go along with what I've been doing, and the best time to do it is at the start of my week. I have always been a running back and in the fall I will either be walking on at Iowa State University or University of Wisconsin Madison if I have Division 1 eligibility left, otherwise I will be playing D3 football at University of Wisconsin Whitewater or the University of Wisconsin Platteville. I will be posting pictures, videos, and workouts I do during the day. Feel free to post and comment! I will be posting the first workout after I do it today. Going to be getting in some chest, shoulders, and triceps!

Follow me at www.twitter.com/aboczkiewicz

Start 7/2009 (153 lbs):

1/20/2013 (200 lbs):
    Last edited by LuckSide; 02-25-2013 at 07:04 PM.
    College Football Training Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152135513

Maxs:
    Barbell Bench Press - 295 lbs
    Squat - 455 lbs
    Deadlift - 425 lbs
    Hang Clean - 270 lbs

LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Today's workout was kind of a rough one. I have been feeling under the weather the last 4 days and every time I lifted weight today it felt like my head was going to explode. Most rep counts were down but hey, what can you do but get through it.
    Note: Unfortunately the cable machines don't have actual weights on them, it is labeled by the resistance percentage. Kinda dumb if you ask me.

Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
    - Weight (# of reps in each set separated by ,)
    Bench Press - 245 lbs (8, 6, 5, 4)
    Incline Bench Press - 165 lbs (8, 8, 6)
    Decline Bench Press - 215 lbs (6, 6, 6)
    Dumbell Fly - 55 lbs (10, 10)
    Dumbell Incline Fly - 50 lbs (10, 10)
    Arnold Press - 50 lbs (6, 5, 4)
    Reverse Fly - 25 lbs (10, 10, 10)
    Dumbell Shoulder Press - 65 lbs (8, 8, 6)
    Dumbell Lateral Raise - 40 lbs (7, 5)
    Dumbell Front Raise - 20 lbs (8, 8, 6)
    Barbell Shrug - 335 lbs (10, 10, 10)
    Barbell Shrug Behind Back - 345 lbs (9, 10, 8)
    One Arm Cable Tricep Pushdown - 47.5 res (6, 6, 4)
    One Arm Cable Tricep Extension - 37.5 res (8, 6, 6)
    Dumbell Lying Tricep Extension - 40 lbs (6, 5, 4)
    College Football Training Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152135513

Maxs:
    Squat - 455 lbs
    Deadlift - 425 lbs
    Hang Clean - 270 lbs

JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm in to follow man. Why would your eligibility be reduced? Been studying elsewhere?

Absolutely amazing transformation, looking big, lean and athletic. Your workout looks like that of a bodybuilder, so much volume, not a fan of the standard predominantly compound workouts?

bigjoe1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good job thus far man, pretty impressive to put on 47 lbs of what looks like mostly muscle in just three years. You'll be good as far as eligibility just as long as you haven't been on a team excluding redshirt years for four years. The amount of study years does not come into play. You can be working on you doctorate in your eight year of schooling and still have four years of eligibility left. Just depends on how many years you have played at the college year. That includes any division, even NAIA. They are all sanctioned under the NCAA so, if you played three years at d1, d2 or d3, you will only have one year left in any of the other divisions. I hope this helps and again good job and good luck.
    Joseph Stanfield

mrick40 is just really nice. (+1000) mrick40 is just really nice. (+1000) mrick40 is just really nice. (+1000) mrick40 is just really nice. (+1000) mrick40 is just really nice. (+1000) mrick40 is just really nice. (+1000) mrick40 is just really nice. (+1000) mrick40 is just really nice. (+1000) mrick40 is just really nice. (+1000) mrick40 is just really nice. (+1000) mrick40 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by bigjoe1989 View Post
    Good job thus far man, pretty impressive to put on 47 lbs of what looks like mostly muscle in just three years. You'll be good as far as eligibility just as long as you haven't been on a team excluding redshirt years for four years. The amount of study years does not come into play. You can be working on you doctorate in your eight year of schooling and still have four years of eligibility left. Just depends on how many years you have played at the college year. That includes any division, even NAIA. They are all sanctioned under the NCAA so, if you played three years at d1, d2 or d3, you will only have one year left in any of the other divisions. I hope this helps and again good job and good luck.

Not true. Your D1 5 year clock starts the second you enroll as a full time student, whether you play ball or not. D2, D3 or NAIA have 10 full time semesters to play 4 seasons.

JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mrick40 View Post
    Not true. Your D1 5 year clock starts the second you enroll as a full time student, whether you play ball or not. D2, D3 or NAIA have 10 full time semesters to play 4 seasons.
    mrick is correct, even if you have been doing the full time study at an international tertiary establishment.

Originally Posted by JardmanOLB View Post
    I'm in to follow man. Why would your eligibility be reduced? Been studying elsewhere?

Absolutely amazing transformation, looking big, lean and athletic. Your workout looks like that of a bodybuilder, so much volume, not a fan of the standard predominantly compound workouts?
    Thank you for following! I did study 2 years at a technical college which didn't have any athletic program. My workout I recently changed to have quite a bit of volume as my back was getting huge but my chest and shoulders were lagging. I do really like compound movements, but unfortunately they don't always hit as hard as I need them.
    That's what I thought at first too, but upon further investigation of the NCAA rules of eligibility it looks like the 5 year clock starts as soon as soon as you are enrolled as a full time student. I am still waiting to hear the final word from the NCAA Eligibility Center for an official answer as to how much time I have left so I guess we'll have to wait and see. Thanks again for the support!

Maxs:
    Squat - 455 lbs
    Deadlift - 425 lbs
    Hang Clean - 270 lbs

Originally Posted by mrick40 View Post

Thanks for clearing that up, my information was wrong I guess. I'm confused though, when you think of Johnny Football at Texas AM, he is a junior in class but they keep considering him a freshman. Does that mean that he can only play two more years and forced out as a junior on field? Also, did you mean 10 years or semesters? 10 semesters wouldn't be any different than 5 years.
    Joseph Stanfield

I have a question. I played my freshman year at an NAIA school for a fall and spring semester totaling one year. I transferred to a community college and went there for four semesters totaling two years. I've now been at a D1 school for my fourth semester. This makes my second year at the end of this spring. Does this leave me with any eligibility left at the D1 level? Thanks man.
    Joseph Stanfield

Nvm, I found the answer to my question already. Thanks
    Joseph Stanfield

Thanks for clearing that up, my information was wrong I guess. I'm confused though, when you think of Johnny Football at Texas AM, he is a junior in class but they keep considering him a freshman. Does that mean that he can only play two more years and forced out as a junior on field? Also, did you mean 10 years or semesters? 10 semesters wouldn't be any different than 5 years.
    I have a question. I played my freshman year at an NAIA school for a fall and spring semester totaling one year. I transferred to a community college and went there for four semesters totaling two years. I've now been at a D1 school for my fourth semester. This makes my second year at the end of this spring. Does this leave me with any eligibility left at the D1 level? Thanks man.
    For D1 the clock is continuous and never stops. Kinda sucks but what can you do? :-/ For D2 and lower though you basically have 10 semesters of eligibility, where a semester comes off for each semester you are enrolled as a full time student, whether you compete or not. The main difference between them is that the eligibility for D2 and lower can stop and start whenever you are not enrolled full time.

If you did one year at the NAIA school, two years at the CC, and 2 years at the D1 school you wouldn't have any D1 eligibility left.

Maxs:
    Squat - 455 lbs
    Deadlift - 425 lbs
    Hang Clean - 270 lbs

Today we have back, biceps, and the lighter leg day of the week. I'm going to try to record something; let me know what you want to see from (t-bar row, one arm dumbell row, wide grip lat pulldown, v-bar pulldown, barbell curl, preacher curl, dumbell alternate bicep curl, two arm cable hammer curl, power clean, deadlift, dumbell lunge, one leg extension, lying leg curl, calf press on leg press, seated calf raise).

Maxs:
    Squat - 455 lbs
    Deadlift - 425 lbs
    Hang Clean - 270 lbs

Originally Posted by LuckSide View Post
    Today we have back, biceps, and the lighter leg day of the week. I'm going to try to record something; let me know what you want to see from (t-bar row, one arm dumbell row, wide grip lat pulldown, v-bar pulldown, barbell curl, preacher curl, dumbell alternate bicep curl, two arm cable hammer curl, power clean, deadlift, dumbell lunge, one leg extension, lying leg curl, calf press on leg press, seated calf raise).
    Deadlifts and powercleans.
    Joseph Stanfield

SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Johnie Football was a redshirt freshman last year which means that he is 2nd year college student(sophomore). Academic class level and athletic eligibility level aren't always the same. Especially if you redshirted, medical redshirted, or even in most cases, you are well ahead on your academics. It doesn't affect your eligibility if you are ahead of academics. Matt Barkley wasn't actually a usc student this year since he graduated after his junior football season. But the only way he could play was if he was enrolled in at least one class. This is very common with college players. If you redshirt and then play 4 years, which is a total of 5 years, the chances are that you would have graduated at the end of your junior athletic eligibility year. Notre Dame doesn't redshirt players. You have to graduate in 4 years with a high GPA, and if you do so, ND will grant you an extra year if you didn't play one of those 4 years like a redshirt would.

I don't think Manzel is a JR academically. Would be pretty hard to be 2 years ahead of schedule unless he took college level classes in high school (AP classes) or he took 18+ units the past 2 years and took summer classes the summer prior to his freshman year and the summer in between his true freshman and redshirt freshman year. As a redshirt freshman last year, he was most likely a soph academically.

SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Football has always been a passion of mine, so I have been working hard the last 3 and 1/2 years trying to get my weight up so I can accomplish my goals. When I first started lifting I was 6' 153 lbs, so pretty tiny. I have come a long way since then and I decided to make a training log to go along with what I've been doing, and the best time to do it is at the start of my week. I have always been a running back and in the fall I will either be walking on at Iowa State University or University of Wisconsin Madison if I have Division 1 eligibility left, otherwise I will be playing D3 football at University of Wisconsin Whitewater or the University of Wisconsin Platteville. I will be posting pictures, videos, and workouts I do during the day. Feel free to post and comment! I will be posting the first workout after I do it today. Going to be getting in some chest, shoulders, and triceps!

Follow me at www.twitter.com/aboczkiewicz

Start 7/2009 (153 lbs):

1/20/2013 (200 lbs):
    Impressive transformation. I would pay a lot of money to get that kind of transformation.

During those 3 years, what was the basic structure of your workout routine?

Originally Posted by SDOptimist View Post
    Impressive transformation. I would pay a lot of money to get that kind of transformation.

During those 3 years, what was the basic structure of your workout routine?
    Thanks man! To be honest I don't really remember a lot of what I did initially. From 153 -180 lbs I focused mostly on chest, biceps, and triceps, pretty much what you shouldn't be completely doing. I went from 180-200 lbs from April of last year to January of this year. It was pretty similar to what I'm doing now but I did modify it and double up some body parts. I can send it to you if you would like.

Maxs:
    Squat - 455 lbs
    Deadlift - 425 lbs
    Hang Clean - 270 lbs

Today I felt extremely focused! It was kind of nice almost feeling 100% after this weekend, but I would say overall I had a pretty good workout.

Back, Biceps, Legs
    T-Bar Row - 205 lbs (8, 6, 5)
    One Arm Dumbell Row - 120 lbs (8, 8, 6)
    Wide Grip Lat Pulldown - 170 lbs (10, 9, 5)
    V-Bar Pulldown - 160 lbs (10, 8, 8)
    Barbell Curl - 120 lbs (7, 6, 5)
    Preacher Curl - 100 lbs (6, 4, 4)
    Dumbell Alternate Bicep Curl - 45 lbs (5, 5)
    Rope Cable Hammer Curl - 57.5 res (8, 8, 6)
    Power Cleans - Didn't really track sets, was mostly focusing on perfecting my form still. Almost there!
    Barbell Deadlift - 255 lbs (10, 8, 6)
    Dumbell Lunges - 75 lbs (8 each leg)
    One Leg Quad Extension - 140 lbs (10, 9, 7)
    Lying Hamstring Curl - 145 lbs (10, 8, 5)
    Calf Press on Leg Press - 440 lbs (12, 10, 9, 7)
    Seated Calf Raise - 165 lbs (10, 9, 7)

Second set of one arm dumbell rows:

First set of deadlifts (sorry about camera angle):

Maxs:
    Squat - 455 lbs
    Deadlift - 425 lbs
    Hang Clean - 270 lbs

Thanks man! To be honest I don't really remember a lot of what I did initially. From 153 -180 lbs I focused mostly on chest, biceps, and triceps, pretty much what you shouldn't be completely doing. I went from 180-200 lbs from April of last year to January of this year. It was pretty similar to what I'm doing now but I did modify it and double up some body parts. I can send it to you if you would like.
    Yah man if you can send me it, that would be great. Did you focus on high reps or low leps? Did you dirty bulk or clean bulk?

Originally Posted by SDOptimist View Post
    Yah man if you can send me it, that would be great. Did you focus on high reps or low leps? Did you dirty bulk or clean bulk?
    For pretty much everything it was medium reps because I was focusing on strength and size. My diet has been extremely clean since probably the end of April. It has helped a lot and I actually put on the weight easier when I was eating better. I will go ahead and send it to you.

Maxs:
    Squat - 455 lbs
    Deadlift - 425 lbs
    Hang Clean - 270 lbs

Today I felt extremely focused! It was kind of nice almost feeling 100% after this weekend, but I would say overall I had a pretty good workout.

Back, Biceps, Legs
    T-Bar Row - 205 lbs (8, 6, 5)
    One Arm Dumbell Row - 120 lbs (8, 8, 6)
    Wide Grip Lat Pulldown - 170 lbs (10, 9, 5)
    V-Bar Pulldown - 160 lbs (10, 8, 8)
    Barbell Curl - 120 lbs (7, 6, 5)
    Preacher Curl - 100 lbs (6, 4, 4)
    Dumbell Alternate Bicep Curl - 45 lbs (5, 5)
    Rope Cable Hammer Curl - 57.5 res (8, 8, 6)
    Power Cleans - Didn't really track sets, was mostly focusing on perfecting my form still. Almost there!
    Barbell Deadlift - 255 lbs (10, 8, 6)
    Dumbell Lunges - 75 lbs (8 each leg)
    One Leg Quad Extension - 140 lbs (10, 9, 7)
    Lying Hamstring Curl - 145 lbs (10, 8, 5)
    Calf Press on Leg Press - 440 lbs (12, 10, 9, 7)
    Seated Calf Raise - 165 lbs (10, 9, 7)

Second set of one arm dumbell rows:

First set of deadlifts (sorry about camera angle):
    Is that 475lbs on deads? Those look like 100lb weights. Either way, impressive. As a powerlifter I respect that you don't bounce the weight for momentum on the way down. Just raw strength. You don't see that very often in between reps. Good job. I would recommend investing in a leather belt. May not feel it now but later on you'll be thankful.
    Joseph Stanfield

Is that 475lbs on deads? Those look like 100lb weights. Either way, impressive. As a powerlifter I respect that you don't bounce the weight for momentum on the way down. Just raw strength. You don't see that very often in between reps. Good job. I would recommend investing in a leather belt. May not feel it now but later on you'll be thankful.
    Those are just bigger 45 lb plates with more rubber on them, so it's only 255 lbs. Yeah, there really isn't any reason to bounce if you are trying to go for strength you know? Even on my bench I stop the bar about an inch/inch and a half above my chest so I don't bounce. I will probably be getting a leather belt soon. I try to make sure I sit back pretty far so that I am using more legs than lower back.

Maxs:
    Squat - 455 lbs
    Deadlift - 425 lbs
    Hang Clean - 270 lbs

Today is a good old rest day. I'm glad I am finally back to 100%, but I did drop from 205 lbs down to 202.8 lbs. Tomorrow we have chest, shoulders, and triceps.

Maxs:
    Squat - 455 lbs
    Deadlift - 425 lbs
    Hang Clean - 270 lbs

Today we have flat dumbell bench press, dumbell incline press, dumbell decline press, cable crossover, cable incline fly, barbell shoulder press, reverse flyes, dumbell front press, dumbell upright row, dumbell shrug, skull crushers, dumbell seated overhead extension, and high pulley overhead tricep extension. I'm going to record the flat dumbell bench press. Anything else you would like to see?

Maxs:
    Squat - 455 lbs
    Deadlift - 425 lbs
    Hang Clean - 270 lbs

Today was a good day. I was down on my flat bench reps but most things were pretty good!

Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
    Dumbell Bench Press - 110 lbs (5, 5, 4, 3)
    Dumbell Incline Press - 100 lbs (6, 4, 3)
    Dumbell Decline Press - 90 lbs (8, 5, 6)
    Cable Cross Over - 32.5 res (10, 8)
    Cable Incline Fly - 22.5 res (8, 6)
    Barbell Shoulder Press - 120 lbs (7, 6, 6)
    Reverse Flyes - 30 lbs (10, 10, 10)
    Dumbell Front Press - 70 lbs (8, 5, 5)
    Dumbell Upright Row - 60 lbs (6, 5, 3)
    Dumbell Shrug - 110 lbs (10, 10, 10)
    Dumbell Seated Overhead Tricep Extension - 100 lbs (8, 8, 6)
    Dumbell One Arm Tricep Extension - 35 lbs (7, 5, 5)
    Overhead Rope Tricep Extension - 87.5 res (8, 8, 6)

First set of dumbell bench press:

First set of dumbell incline press:

Maxs:
    Squat - 455 lbs
    Deadlift - 425 lbs
    Hang Clean - 270 lbs

Redehmption has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey bro im amazed with your results. Congrats! You think you can help me out? Im 5'7 and i weigh 164lbs im 16 years old and i recently posted a picture of myself. People on the forum say i have about 22% bf so i should cut first? You think you can help me put with what to eat and stiff like that? And workouts?

Originally Posted by Redehmption View Post
    Hey bro im amazed with your results. Congrats! You think you can help me out? Im 5'7 and i weigh 164lbs im 16 years old and i recently posted a picture of myself. People on the forum say i have about 22% bf so i should cut first? You think you can help me put with what to eat and stiff like that? And workouts?
    Thank you. My first question to you would be what is your overall goal?

Maxs:
    Squat - 455 lbs
    Deadlift - 425 lbs
    Hang Clean - 270 lbs

Thank you. My first question to you would be what is your overall goal?
    My goal is to play varsity linebacker next year. My goal for my body is to get an athletic/ body builder body. I would like to gain mass in my legs chest and back. The abs could be a plus but im not to focused on that YET. What do you suggest?

Originally Posted by Redehmption View Post
    My goal is to play varsity linebacker next year. My goal for my body is to get an athletic/ body builder body. I would like to gain mass in my legs chest and back. The abs could be a plus but im not to focused on that YET. What do you suggest?
    Well if your goal is to play football I would be more focused on gaining the strength and size rather than the aesthetics. I know everybody would love to have showing abs or be super cut, but that shouldn't be your focus for football. 164 lbs is pretty small for a varsity linebacker, so you need to be in the weight room extremely often and need to be eating a lot. If you really want to put on lean mass I would really avoid fast food and those foods which are bad for you, which might be difficult because I know there are plenty of those in high school.

Maxs:
    Squat - 455 lbs
    Deadlift - 425 lbs
    Hang Clean - 270 lbs

Well in reality, its not really the football im doing it for. Im doing it for a healthier life and obviously getting huge. Should i post a picture so you can get a better idea of what i can do?

Well it is going to take some time to put on a good amount of size, but if you haven't really lifted before you do have the benefit of "noob gains" on your side. This means you have the ability to put on size and strength at an accelerated rate. It won't last forever, maybe only a couple months or so, but there are some great programs for athletics.

Rippetoes: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=712752
    Bill Starr's 5x5: http://stronglifts.com/madcow/5x5_Pr...Linear_5x5.htm
    WS4SB: http://www.defrancostraining.com/art...rds-part1.html

Not sure how well they will translate over to getting a bodybuilder form, but I know a lot of people have used these to great success.

Maxs:
    Squat - 455 lbs
    Deadlift - 425 lbs
    Hang Clean - 270 lbs