mkatelyn4260 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Contest Prep dehydration? Good idea or no?

I am training for my first bikini competition, which is about 1 week away. I've heard about water depletion, but not too much. I have read things from people on both sides of the fence...Depletion is key, or that depletion causes more water retention.. I am currently 9% bf. I am so lean already, but I need my lower belly water weight to go away. I drink about 2 gallons of water a day now, and my diet is on POINT. I am exercising all week, no days off. I have been doing more cardio as the competition gets closer than usual.

Any advice for losing this excess water weight is greatly appreciated. I am super confident about this contest, but of course there is always something that can be perfected.

Thanks in advance!

silvrmoos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) silvrmoos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) silvrmoos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    9 days out is a little late to be considering water depletion. A lot of water depletion has to do with sodium and carbohydrate manipulation and a good plan starts at 2 weeks out. If you are consuming 2 gallons a day, you should be fine just cutting off fluid intake the afternoon before your show. You can cut out as much sodium as possible starting 3 days out and that should dry you out a little without too much risk. If you haven't experimented with fluid and carb manipulation, you really have to consider whether it's worth the risk as you don't know how your body will respond and a lot of being on stage is about being comfortable and how you present the package you've brought.
    USMC

University of Michigan Alum

www.2fitfoodies.net - recipes and meal prep solutions

http://2fitfoodies.net/online-training-services/

RECENT LOGS/REVIEWS:
    Fast Fuel and ReGen:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157621793
    Hypertest & Myodex: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158300113
    CRASH: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157993683
    HYDE: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157993173

Meest00gt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Honestly since it's your first show and you haven't done it before, you should just pick a method and roll with it. I am 1 week out as of tomorrow for my first show and this is the advice I have been given. I don't think it's too late, and I also don't think you need to play around with sodium and other things too terribly much nor carbs. I have also gathered this information from the Peak Week Video Series, that you can check out.

While I'm sure it works differently between guys and girls, my trainer has me taking upwards of 2-3 gallons monday through thursday while taking water pills. I'll do this all the way through until cutting off water intake next friday afternoon. As far as carbohydrates, I might taper them down through the week depending on feel and how I'm looking.

Again, this is your first show so be careful to not go too extreme. Depending on how you're looking, water might not be a huge issue. Also remember, just as in the Peak Week series, if it worked for you all the way up until now, It'll continue to work. Layne also continually stresses on how easily mistakes are made, so just keep it as simple as possible and have fun!

Link to Peak Week for reference:
    h t t p : / / w w w . bodybuilding.com/fun/layne-norton-peak-week.html

On a side note out of curiosity, where exactly is your show?

EricaRosas84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricaRosas84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricaRosas84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's not too late. I'm 6 days out from my comp and starting drinking 1.75 gallons from 1 1/2 gallons. I drop back to 1 1/2 gallon 3 days out, 1.25 the next day, one gallon the day before before 8 pm. I have 8 oz of water on show day with meal one, 4 oz of water with meal 2 and 3, then sip a 32 oz water after pre judging before the night show. I cut salt and stevia 4 days out from the show.