i like marshmallow DJaRiHardstyle's Avatar
    DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000)

pizza on refeed WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK

ill keep it short and simple. I'm 6 weeks, 4 days out, my refeed is in 4 days (i'm moving out of my keto diet back into the moderate carb diet my coach came up with). I'm 8% bodyfat, my coach says i'm ahead of the game, but i want to come in shredded like CHEDDAR CHEESE!

my leptin levels ought to be dangerously low after 12 weeks of dieting, at 8% bodyfat, after coming off of ketosis.... so the question is, pizza, yes or no? i want to have digiorno's rising crust four cheese.... no i NEED it lol jk sorry i'm hyper, i just had my first carb source in a while. so what's your guys' opinions?
    My website:
    NoFluffStrength.com
    Never sensational. Always real.

Currently just coming off of a show; follow my offseason log:
    Mindfulness, Mastery, and Muscle - DJaRiHardstyle's Offseason Mission
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172199513&pagenumber=

JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Personally, I tend to go lower fat on high carb refeed days as fats don't affect leptin levels, but that's just me. What's your coach's take on the pizza refeed?
    IFPA/PNBA Natural Pro Bodybuilder
    P4P Muscle Sponsored Athlete
    Fitness and Nutrition Programs www.Payhip.com/JulianBrownFitness
    www.JulianBrownTraining.com
    www.********.com/Julianbrownpersonaltraining
    www.dailymotion.com/julian11453
    www.Twitter.com/Jbtraining
    www.askthetrainer.com/author/julianbrown/

DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by JulianBee View Post
    Personally, I tend to go lower fat on high carb refeed days as fats don't affect leptin levels, but that's just me. What's your coach's take on the pizza refeed?
    he has a pretty oldschool take on contest prep, which i like, but he doesn't talk too much about the individual food sources. it's not a bad thing, just leaves a bit of guessing to me, because his philosophy is that it doesn't really matter too much.

on refeed days, cheat days as he calls them, he wants me bumping up to around 270g carbs as opposed to my usual 160, and dropping protein just a little bit.

so when you say low fat, do you mean lower than your usual fat intake? mine's around 30g, dropping it much lower would make an actual refeed pretty difficult.
    My website:
    NoFluffStrength.com

JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by DJaRiHardstyle View Post
    he has a pretty oldschool take on contest prep, which i like, but he doesn't talk too much about the individual food sources. it's not a bad thing, just leaves a bit of guessing to me, because his philosophy is that it doesn't really matter too much.

on refeed days, cheat days as he calls them, he wants me bumping up to around 270g carbs as opposed to my usual 160, and dropping protein just a little bit.

so when you say low fat, do you mean lower than your usual fat intake? mine's around 30g, dropping it much lower would make an actual refeed pretty difficult.
    Well my fat is usually around 25% of my caloric intake on my lower calorie days and I drop it to around 15% on my high carb refeed days. With you only taking in 30 grams I'd say there's no need to drop it below that, but then again I'd get your coaches intake on it.
    IFPA/PNBA Natural Pro Bodybuilder
    P4P Muscle Sponsored Athlete
    Fitness and Nutrition Programs www.Payhip.com/JulianBrownFitness
    www.JulianBrownTraining.com
    www.********.com/Julianbrownpersonaltraining
    www.dailymotion.com/julian11453
    www.Twitter.com/Jbtraining
    www.askthetrainer.com/author/julianbrown/

adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000)
    you can either have a cheat 1x a week or 2x refeed works similar for my comp i did 2x a week refeed

right now im cutting and i have 1x a week ehat ever i want for 6 hours 6pm till sleep and im getting leanzzz
    MUTANT ATHLETE

STRONGLIFTWEAR ATHLETE

instagram-- http://instagram.com/adamroch18

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The only way you should do a pizza at this point is if you make it yourself and track all the ingredients.

Standard Pizza has a very high amount of fat. Refeeds should be controlled and tracked. It is very easy to store fat quickly after a long diet.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

____( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)__________ BabyOilBrah's Avatar
    BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'd aim to make your own pizza, so you can limit the amount of fat/oils used. Use FF cheese, add some chicken for protonz, etc.

AESTHETIC BEASTMODE Keyboardsmasher's Avatar
    Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by fltallpaul View Post
    The only way you should do a pizza at this point is if you make it yourself and track all the ingredients.

Standard Pizza has a very high amount of fat. Refeeds should be controlled and tracked. It is very easy to store fat quickly after a long diet.
    Originally Posted by BabyOilBrah View Post
    I'd aim to make your own pizza, so you can limit the amount of fat/oils used. Use FF cheese, add some chicken for protonz, etc.
    Solid advice
    Get shredded or die tryin.. face down ass up.

Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by BabyOilBrah View Post
    This

Homemade pizza is amazing
    ___Growing Mentally and Physically ___
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154388901&p=1079896151&posted=1#post1079896151

My Blog - www.innerbuilder.weebly.com

Fat is temporary, strength and muscle is not

Demon Fitness - Owner demonwareltd's Avatar
    demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)

Very true - especially when you eat the whole thing. Just saying...

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by demonwareltd View Post
    Very true - especially when you eat the whole thing. Just saying...
    Speaking from experience?
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

keramon02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) keramon02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) keramon02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) keramon02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) keramon02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) keramon02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) keramon02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) keramon02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) keramon02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) keramon02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) keramon02 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Out of curiosity, your fat intake looks way too low--what are your macros right now? At 160 lbs, that's less than a 1/4 gram per lb of bw. What has your coach said? Are your calories really really low right now?

Also note I'm not refering to your refeed--those should generally be low fat and high carb.
    "The action required to sustain human life is primarily intellectual: everything man needs has to be discovered by his mind and produced by his effort." -Ayn Rand

Check out my quest to the 2012 MABBA Novice Championships and all the weird siht that goes on in my mind here:

toliftperchancetothink.blogspot.com

Demon Fitness - Owner demonwareltd's Avatar
    demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Speaking from experience?
    Unfortunately. I have a weakness for Pizza Hut. When I went through prep I would eat a pizza once a week until I got to 12 weeks out, then shut it down. Of course, this was dependent upon me hitting my weight loss goals from week to week which I had done. Needless to say I don't advocate this strategy and don't plan on doing it again

SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Definite yes for the Pizza! Not only dont I think it will hurt your progress, it might even help. I have a refeed day once per week and dont limit myself at all. The point of the refeed is to purposely come out of ketosis and spike your insulin levels which will promote muscle growth (or at least help prevent muscle loss) along with keeping your metoblism from slowing and refilling glyocogen levels. The added water weight gained is a plus towards pushing heavier weight the next day and is gone again within a day or two. Im obsessive about bodyfat testing (dexa and bodypod methods) and can say this way of eating has definitely had better results for me then straight keto.

With that said if you would like a healthy pizza on your cheat day or even during the week take a look at P28 at highproteinbread.com. They make bread, bagels and flat bread made out of whey protein. The flat bread is great for making a healthy home made pizza.

Good luck for your event

Originally Posted by Ccm644 View Post
    This

brb mouth watering
    My website:
    NoFluffStrength.com

Originally Posted by keramon02 View Post
    Out of curiosity, your fat intake looks way too low--what are your macros right now? At 160 lbs, that's less than a 1/4 gram per lb of bw. What has your coach said? Are your calories really really low right now?

Also note I'm not refering to your refeed--those should generally be low fat and high carb.
    it's a bit low, but not by much.... it's 15% of my calories. my coach steered away from giving me exact macronutrient ratios, because this is my first contest and he doesn't really know how my body will react to excessive carbs/protein/fat. it's also worth noting he's a family friend who happens to be a former bodybuilder and currently a prep coach, so it's basically just a family favor kind of thing. i don't expect to stay in contact with him 3 times a day, exchanging pictures, constant phone calls, one on one training sessions, etc. we talk like once a week by e-mail and every now and then we have lengthy phone calls and i may send posing pictures from time to time.

he DID on the other hand give me my calorie intake, which is 1824.
    My website:
    NoFluffStrength.com

grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

+1!

Standard pizza has 100 M

keramon02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) keramon02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) keramon02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) keramon02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) keramon02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) keramon02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) keramon02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) keramon02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) keramon02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) keramon02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) keramon02 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by DJaRiHardstyle View Post
    it's a bit low, but not by much.... it's 15% of my calories. my coach steered away from giving me exact macronutrient ratios, because this is my first contest and he doesn't really know how my body will react to excessive carbs/protein/fat. it's also worth noting he's a family friend who happens to be a former bodybuilder and currently a prep coach, so it's basically just a family favor kind of thing. i don't expect to stay in contact with him 3 times a day, exchanging pictures, constant phone calls, one on one training sessions, etc. we talk like once a week by e-mail and every now and then we have lengthy phone calls and i may send posing pictures from time to time.

he DID on the other hand give me my calorie intake, which is 1824.
    Dude that is definitely too low. Unless its for a very short term--don't use ratios to determine macro needs. Check out the stickies in the nutrition section to figure this out.
    "The action required to sustain human life is primarily intellectual: everything man needs has to be discovered by his mind and produced by his effort." -Ayn Rand

Check out my quest to the 2012 MABBA Novice Championships and all the weird siht that goes on in my mind here:

toliftperchancetothink.blogspot.com

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What does your coach say?
    I would take his advice.
    If he says go for it do it.
    If you do it note how you look.
    Ive eaten pizza the night after a show and the next morning looked even a bit better than on stage the night before,more vascularity,fuller even when eating up to the show.Good luck.

JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JulianBee View Post
    this is what I do, when my glycogen stores are just about empty, I do a higher carb day.
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Online coaching avilable
    ******** Great Physique Fitness https://www.********.com/Great-Physique-Fitness-575323199169735/?ref=hl
    Twitter SmetonFitness https://twitter.com/SmetonFitness
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/great_physique_fitness/?hl=en

tkDd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkDd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkDd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkDd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkDd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkDd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkDd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkDd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkDd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkDd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkDd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Ccm644 View Post
    This

[IMG]htp://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/a429/dean--1992/IMG_06741_zpseba299ad.jpg[/IMG]

Looks damn good!
    Any bodybuilding comparison request:
    ********.com/MKBodybuilding