JYD999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Olympic lifting combined with BB

Hello,

I am new to this forum, and I have some questions regarding the combination of olympic weightlifting and bodybuilding. I have just started up on the olympic lifts and it was love at first sight. I have have competent people to help me with technique regarding these lifts, but I would like to combine the olympic training with plain, old school BB. The competent people I mentioned before knows very little about BB; therefore I ask you guys.

My goals er simple: I want to become strong and massive. I have done traditional BB for many years, and I have a solid but not overly impressive level of fitness.

How would you combine these two areas? My thoughts are a classic FB program, but since I am used to train almost every day, could I then, maybe, do it like this:

Day 1:
    Olympic Weightlifting
    BB Compound exercises (bench, front squat, deadlift, rows/pullups, press and so forth).

Day 2:
    Isolated areas (biceps, triceps, back shoulder, calves, core and so forth).

Day 3:
    Rest

- Any inputs are much appreciated . And I apologize if my grammar is a bit odd - I am from Denmark, Europe.

ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisJones999 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Jack of all master of none complex!

truth it the Olympic lifts will take a lot out of you if you really trying to improve in weightlifting. mixing BB and weightlifting will never work.

weightlifting and strength training you could get away with it but your Olympic lifts will still suffer.

Look up a paper written by Glen Pendlay training for the super total

It's not that I am "really trying to improve in weightlifting" - I just think its fun. And i don't se why I can't combine it with BB.

WendaAthletics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WendaAthletics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WendaAthletics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WendaAthletics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WendaAthletics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WendaAthletics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WendaAthletics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WendaAthletics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WendaAthletics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WendaAthletics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WendaAthletics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I do it. I don't have a particular days where I focus on cross-fit type session or cross-fit only. There are times when I will begin my leg session with clean & jerks, move into overhead squats and than conventional squats and reverse the order a week later. There are days where I will do Clean & Jerks on Deadlift/Back days- it all depends. If following a training protocol properly, incorporating clean & jerks, power cleans, snatches, over-head squats work wonders!

SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by ChrisJones999 View Post
    weightlifting and strength training you could get away with it but your Olympic lifts will still suffer.
    Trolling level over 9000.

Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JYD999 View Post
    Hello,

I am new to this forum, and I have some questions regarding the combination of olympic weightlifting and bodybuilding. I have just started up on the olympic lifts and it was love at first sight. I have have competent people to help me with technique regarding these lifts, but I would like to combine the olympic training with plain, old school BB. The competent people I mentioned before knows very little about BB; therefore I ask you guys.

My goals er simple: I want to become strong and massive. I have done traditional BB for many years, and I have a solid but not overly impressive level of fitness.

How would you combine these two areas? My thoughts are a classic FB program, but since I am used to train almost every day, could I then, maybe, do it like this:

Day 1:
    Olympic Weightlifting
    BB Compound exercises (bench, front squat, deadlift, rows/pullups, press and so forth).

Day 2:
    Isolated areas (biceps, triceps, back shoulder, calves, core and so forth).

Day 3:
    Rest

- Any inputs are much appreciated . And I apologize if my grammar is a bit odd - I am from Denmark, Europe.
    It's simple actually, you do it like the chinese weightlifters - olympic lifting first, then bodybuiling exercises.

Cool!

That was also my plan - but how about the specific "program" that I posted: Olympic lifts and then compound BB exercises on day 1 and small, isolated muscle groups on day 2. Is it fine?

Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Cool!

That was also my plan - but how about the specific "program" that I posted: Olympic lifts and then compound BB exercises on day 1 and small, isolated muscle groups on day 2. Is it fine?
    won't know 'till you try it!

Well, okay . Maybe there were some theoretical objection against it. Or maybe some one in here had an good Olympic/BB program (still very interested i any one has that kind of program)

But thanks for your inputs .

unlocking asian genetics DaTruth1's Avatar
    DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The chinese think that bodybuilding actually helps weightlifting and that balancing upperbody strength with lowerbody strength makes you faster and more reactive. If I were you I would just do a weightlifting program followed by some light bb work after wards such as bench press, press, pullups, or rows. You could do some biceps and triceps isolation exercises once in a while too and that would be good for joint health.
    112.5 snatch
    131 cj

Log: http://www.pendlayforum.com/showthread.php?t=15188

Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Cool!

If you don't have big plans for olympic lifting nor bodybuilding, it's fine. However, assuming you plan to compete in olympic lifting somewhere in the future, then it's kinda silly.

I have no plans about competition in the future . I just like to train.

DaTruth1: It's a jungle out there - any suggestions for a good weightlifting program?

matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don´t see the two as mutually exclusive at all, in fact weightlifting in itself will get you a fair bit of bodybuilding covered, all you need to do is add in some work for the muscles that Olympic lifting doesn´t do too much for such as chest.
    I´d say do an overall Olympic routine with bench press and pull ups added in and to some extent you will be good to go.

I think good examples of combining Olympic lifting with other lifts (as well as building muscle) are demonstrated by track and field throwers who bench over 200kg but also (power) clean some 180kg and snatch 120-130kg.
    Strength + Speed = Power

If you never fail, you aren't truly pushing yourself to the limit. If you never push yourself to the limit, how do you know what you're truly capable of?

coldvein will become famous soon enough. (+50) coldvein will become famous soon enough. (+50) coldvein will become famous soon enough. (+50) coldvein will become famous soon enough. (+50) coldvein will become famous soon enough. (+50) coldvein will become famous soon enough. (+50) coldvein will become famous soon enough. (+50) coldvein will become famous soon enough. (+50) coldvein will become famous soon enough. (+50) coldvein will become famous soon enough. (+50) coldvein will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just do a pretty hardcore OL program that revolves around the lifts and squats, **** pulls and all of that other fancy stuff. (Power) clean and jerk and (power) snatch along with front and back squats.

Then just throw in some chins/rows, bench and military press, dips, curls, calves. The only muscles that aren't really hit by an olympic program are the chest, biceps, and calves. Shoulders and triceps definitely get stronger, but not in a bodybuilding sense since its just lockout.

My .02
    Enjoy the pain of becoming, fall in love with that pain, and everything will work out.

unlocking asian genetics DaTruth1's Avatar
    DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have no plans about competition in the future . I just like to train.

DaTruth1: It's a jungle out there - any suggestions for a good weightlifting program?
    How's your technique? Try out the QWA.org intermediate program for starts.
    112.5 snatch
    131 cj

Log: http://www.pendlayforum.com/showthread.php?t=15188

SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by matjusm View Post
    I think good examples of combining Olympic lifting with other lifts (as well as building muscle) are demonstrated by track and field throwers who bench over 200kg but also (power) clean some 180kg and snatch 120-130kg.
    Yeah like weightlifters can't bench. Krastev reportedly had a 250 kg bench. I also can't imagine any world class weightlifter over 90 kg to not be able to bounce bench 200 kg.

Thanks for all your inputs

Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    truth it the Olympic lifts will take a lot out of you if you really trying to improve in weightlifting. mixing BB and weightlifting will never work.
    Seems to work out for the Chinese.

feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    its scientifically proven that doing the olympic lifts with a few isolation exercises will give you cancer and kill you in a week. not even once.
    Gym lifts (PB): C&J: 132.5k, Snatch: 107.5k (p)Jerk: 138k, Clean: 137k Front Squat: 153
    Deadlift: 455, Squat: 380(oly) 360 (pl), Bench: 245, CPUs: 9001
    Comp Total: 237k

olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I tend to agree with others, if you're going to get it all in, I would just split your BB into the days after the Oly lifts. Center the training around the Oly lifts, then tack on the higher rep stuff afterwards. The Oly lifts will still jack up your body, in a good way, so you have to work around that!!
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168969133

GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Jack of all master of none complex!

Look up a paper written by Glen Pendlay training for the super total
    Strong knowledge of the history of physical culture in America!

Bodybuilders did Olympic lifting, and Olympic lifters did bodybuilding shows. Not only that some dabbled in Strongman and Powerlifting.

Gasp! To think guys used to dabbled in different disciplines and train for them!

That also applies to lifters who never competed professionally, they did clean and jerks/snatches and did some curls, rows, and dips, along with some general strength work like squats and presses, and why the fuk not?

In some ways I think we have regressed. If we maintained the physical culture previous to Weider, Nautilus machines, and 70's jogging craze, we would see bumpers plates/platforms, and strongman stuff in conventional and commercial gyms. The "health lift" aka the deadlift wouldn't be frowned upon or against gym rules.

Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think you can definitely combine both Olympic lifting and BB as long as your not trying to excel at a competitive level at either.

bambistars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    JYD999, have you been doing it? what have you learned? i am an olympic lifter who wants to add BB as well.