Dumbfound has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Professional Basketball

I'm trying to play professional basketball after I graduate from college in 3 months. I am looking for any advice from people who have been down this route and know any steps. And what are some things that need to be worked on for the European game. I am also looking to shed some of my body fat but keep my strength and try to stay around the same weight. Does anyone have any advice. I mean I have played college basketball for four years and still am about 14% body fat and eat relatively healthy. Does anyone have any advice? Also anything I can take that may help? Thanks for your time. And I'm 6'8 260 if that makes any difference

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    did you play collegiate ball? If so, I am certain your coaches can help you . If not, European basketball isnt that bad that you can just walk on to a paycheck.

Dumbfound has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ya I played division 1. But my coaches don't help at all. They haven't helped people in the past

Strength/Speed Coach Jhawk Fitness's Avatar
    Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Dumbfound View Post
    Ya I played division 1. But my coaches don't help at all. They haven't helped people in the past
    I literally just trained a female bball player in your situation, she was a projected top 10 WNBA pick but the teams passed on her because she was coming off a 2nd ACL tear. She moved in with me to train and ended up signing with a Eurocup team and making more than WNBA rookies. She's currently leading that league in scoring at 21.8 ppg, 3rd in rebounding and top 10 in blocked shots and steals per game. She'll get some big offers from teams in the WNBA this offseason Im sure.

Here are some of the workouts we did (there's a video in the article as well). ;

http://www.stack.com/4W/2012/09/19/k...tiago-workout/

https://twitter.com/TopSpeedLLC
    Director of Sports Performance
    NSCA-RSCC & CSCS , NASM-CES
    Nike SPARQ Trainer

Vist www.TopSpeedTraining.com, also find us on social media:
    http://www.********.com/TopSpeedSportsPerformance
    Twitter & Instagram = @TopSpeedLLC

lawnbear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Dumbfound View Post
    I'm trying to play professional basketball after I graduate from college in 3 months. I am looking for any advice from people who have been down this route and know any steps. And what are some things that need to be worked on for the European game. I am also looking to shed some of my body fat but keep my strength and try to stay around the same weight. Does anyone have any advice. I mean I have played college basketball for four years and still am about 14% body fat and eat relatively healthy. Does anyone have any advice? Also anything I can take that may help? Thanks for your time. And I'm 6'8 260 if that makes any difference
    So, you play D1? How many minutes would you say you play? Start or off the bench? Any insight as to stats/how good your year was? Without knowing more about you, nobody can give you any useful hints about how to make yourself more desirable to pro teams.

Training camp isn't just about physical aspects, although I would say you'd want to drop some body fat. Make sure you come in in basketball shape.

TL,DR: Be in basketball shape BEFORE you try out anywhere.
    No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping those sitting on the couch.
    If you can't overload the muscle with weight, overload it with volume.