Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    It's kind of like a guy joining a photography forum and saying "I don't own a camera and have no interest in taking pictures, but can someone here teach me how to use Photoshop."
    If I was told lose fat or die, I wouldn't give 2 sh*ts about muscle. Better he came here where strength training is highly advocated, something that the OP needs, but probably doesn't realize is as important as it is.

Originally Posted by EjnarKolinkar View Post
    Start from 1st post and read these.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=136691851

Do something like this

Allpro's

Succeed as many just like you have. Lifting weights is needed to keep more muscle, and maybe grow some too. Keep the nutrition simple and consistent per the above threads. You will dominate the fat loss and achieve all goals. It will be a marathon, not a sprint.

Good luck.
    OP THIS ^^^^^

Please read all three of the above links. The first will get you set up with a basic calorie and macro set up, the second is nutrition basics and the last is the program you should run to begin with.

If you need help after you read the threads, feel free to send a message. I would also consider starting a journal, accountability to a logging system can help sustainability as well.

Good Luck.

Consistency. Intensity. Medtreker's Avatar
    Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    I dunno why I feel compelled to defend my original post in this thread. I guess it's the Canadian in my that doesn't want to be thought of as rude, but this is what precipitated my post:

And yeah, maybe my post was curt and sarcastic, but I don't feel it was rude or out of line.

It's kind of like a guy joining a photography forum and saying "I don't own a camera and have no interest in taking pictures, but can someone here teach me how to use Photoshop."
    I really do side with you. It did seem that W/Wers was more in line with his needs.

I would wish for the OP to actually find happiness in lifting. Mere weight watching is, for me, somewhat an empty experience. It's the lifting that makes it worth it, though it's the diet that the hardest part...for me.
    Tony

"Punch It Bishop"

Trying to get those Leans AC242's Avatar
    AC242 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AC242 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AC242 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AC242 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AC242 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AC242 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AC242 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AC242 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AC242 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AC242 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AC242 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good for you OP.

Now that you've made the decision to change, take action and eat less, eat better and up your physical activity a little. It will do wonders.

Health45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Health45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Health45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Health45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Health45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Health45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Health45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Health45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Health45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Health45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Health45 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hi
    I can undertand your concern. 44 is still young btw !!!!!!! very.
    ask yourself a question: live good till 80 or die at 55 from heart attack ?

my suggestion:
    wake up: 2 glass of water
    take BCAA and B6: your body will start thinking you're in catabolism because bcaa are in yr blood so it will go and use glycogen and fat reserves to use as energy. BCAA is really a miracle no side effects trick (3 amino acids). and they quickly help reduce ABDOMINAL fats !!!
    start doing some abdominals exercices and indeed, walk, every day.no running ! running is bad unless you're a morocan maraton expert (short, and very light). the shocks from running ain't that good for the heart or the knees. biking is much better on the other hand!!!!!!!!

you have to drink a lot (pure water) as it fills and helps eliminate. drink green tea (caffein free one).

take BCAA pure powder (Optimum or Primaforce) 4 times a day, 5gr. : at wake up, during the day between meals, and at bedtime.

breakfast: eggs whites, 1 yolk, scrambled. some porridge. orange juice. enzymes and multivitamin or liver tabs.
    lunch: fish or chicken, nice salad
    dinner: SAME
    after 8PM: no more eating! you want to go to bed with empty stomach so the growth hormone will be better released and help reducing body fat.
    you can eat something like dinner or lunch IF you do work out after 8PM but 2hrs before bedtime: nothing in stomach.

suppress ALL carbs (except a salad or red cabbage) after noon !!!!!!
    you're hungry, craving ? DRINK water or have a yogurt or red cabbage salad.

prepare yourself chicken whites and fish for several day (3), that you can eat cold. with some LIGHT mayo if needed.

CARBS and junk food make you FAT ! remember this.
    hungry ? have a piece of chicken or fish or a nice salad with lettuce, radishes, onions, red cabbage, carrots etc. the prepared salads in plastic bags at the stores is good.
    morning : have a porridge meal, good fiber, good for heart and colon !

and of course start LIGHT weight training with LOTS of repetitions. aim at 50-100 per sets !!!!! you will burn fats all over the body
    combined with the above mentioned diet rules.

don't take anti hunger pills or drugs !!!

NO MORE SODAS ! any , especially the light one, full of aspartam etc ! BAD
    NO SODIUM Loaded, salty food (bad for hypertension, and makes you retain water)

add some cranberry juice to yr water if you don't like water pure all the time.

soon at 200Lbs and working out daily, even from home (get some plates, a bench, a barbell) you'll be able to eat again sometimes
    a piece of ice cream or a pizza (start doing yr pizza yrself, the Napoli ones ! ).

take digestive enzymes also and betaine HCL. well digested food = less chances of getting fat....
    if you crave sometimes, have a spoon of peanut butter instead of ice cream or cookies !!

trick is to loose quickly 100lbs but preserve the heart (it's a muscle). 1 year is doable or even less time.

it's much easier to lose weight with proper diet AND working out than JUST diet....
    because working out allows you to "still" eat tasty stuff , sort of.

for motivation if working out at home with some basic stuff, put on some music or a movie while working out: it WORKS !!!!
    also imho stationnary bicycles are boring especially at home. do instead bodybuilding movements but TONS of repetitions, ie, 50-100 per sets ! lot less boring and much more motivating. it will burn fat and built joints and muscles, endurance.

good to see Will Brink here, a very knowledgeable person and great site he has.
    Last edited by Health45; 02-26-2013 at 06:41 PM.

Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Health45 View Post
    hi
    I can undertand your concern. 44 is still young btw !!!!!!! very.
    ask yourself a question: live good till 80 or die at 55 from heart attack ?

my suggestion:
    wake up: 2 glass of water
    take BCAA and B6: your body will start thinking you're in catabolism because bcaa are in yr blood so it will go and use glycogen and fat reserves to use as energy. BCAA is really a miracle no side effects trick (3 amino acids). and they quickly help reduce ABDOMINAL fats !!!
    start doing some abdominals exercices and indeed, walk, every day.no running ! running is bad unless you're a morocan maraton expert (short, and very light). the shocks from running ain't that good for the heart or the knees. biking is much better on the other hand!!!!!!!!

you have to drink a lot (pure water) as it fills and helps eliminate. drink green tea (caffein free one).

take BCAA pure powder (Optimum or Primaforce) 4 times a day, 5gr. : at wake up, during the day between meals, and at bedtime.

breakfast: eggs whites, 1 yolk, scrambled. some porridge. orange juice. enzymes and multivitamin or liver tabs.
    lunch: fish or chicken, nice salad
    dinner: SAME
    after 8PM: no more eating! you want to go to bed with empty stomach so the growth hormone will be better released and help reducing body fat.
    you can eat something like dinner or lunch IF you do work out after 8PM but 2hrs before bedtime: nothing in stomach.

suppress ALL carbs (except a salad or red cabbage) after noon !!!!!!
    you're hungry, craving ? DRINK water or have a yogurt or red cabbage salad.

prepare yourself chicken whites and fish for several day (3), that you can eat cold. with some LIGHT mayo if needed.

CARBS and junk food make you FAT ! remember this.
    hungry ? have a piece of chicken or fish or a nice salad with lettuce, radishes, onions, red cabbage, carrots etc. the prepared salads in plastic bags at the stores is good.
    morning : have a porridge meal, good fiber, good for heart and colon !

and of course start LIGHT weight training with LOTS of repetitions. aim at 50-100 per sets !!!!! you will burn fats all over the body
    combined with the above mentioned diet rules.

don't take anti hunger pills or drugs !!!

NO MORE SODAS ! any , especially the light one, full of aspartam etc ! BAD
    NO SODIUM Loaded, salty food (bad for hypertension, and makes you retain water)

add some cranberry juice to yr water if you don't like water pure all the time.

soon at 200Lbs and working out daily, even from home (get some plates, a bench, a barbell) you'll be able to eat again sometimes
    a piece of ice cream or a pizza (start doing yr pizza yrself, the Napoli ones ! ).

take digestive enzymes also and betaine HCL. well digested food = less chances of getting fat....

trick is to loose quickly 100lbs but preserve the heart (it's a muscle). 1 year is doable or even less time.
    Jesus H Christ, there is a lot of typing in here....and a lot of bs.

1. Your food recommendations are dumb. You don't know this guys TDEE...you can't recommend what Op should eat if you don't know this. And what you do recommend is what my son eats...who weighs 62# and us 8 years old.

2. No carbs? Lol.

3. 50-100 sets? Are you kidding?

4. Carbs and junk food make you fat? No, eating to many calories makes you fat.

The list goes on. Go the Nutrition section son, you have some serious learning to do.
    400# Bulgarian bicep curl

Health45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Health45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Health45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Health45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Health45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Health45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Health45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Health45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Health45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Health45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Health45 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Smelly bull View Post
    Jesus H Christ, there is a lot of typing in here....and a lot of bs.

1. Your food recommendations are dumb. You don't know this guys TDEE...you can't recommend what Op should eat if you don't know this. And what you do recommend is what my son eats...who weighs 62# and us 8 years old.
    REALLY ? lol ! protein and veggies and a little carb (as early in the day as possible)? and no carbs after a certain time of the day ?

2. No carbs? Lol.
    He has a lot of weight to lose ! he MUST cut carbs to a minimum (imho under 100gr a day).
    3. 50-100 sets? Are you kidding?
    PER SETS !! reps PER SETS, (if you can't read don't comment)
    4. Carbs and junk food make you fat? No, eating to many calories makes you fat.
    the American society has COMPLETELY destroyed a large part of the population with EAT EAT commercials and TV and sitting ( and wellfare). and GIANT portions at the stores or at restaurants/junk food chains. and it's mostly CARBS SUGAR SODIUM BAD FATS Loaded stuff junk food (pizza burgers fried chicken ice creams cookies etc, TERRIBLE so YEAH the list goes on !)
    this person needs to lose a ton of weight and save himself. his life is in danger.
    this is not a pro (I won't say more by what "pro" means...) bodybuilder type working out 2Hrs a day and eating 6,000kcal .
    2000kcal from protein veggies a little carbs, some good fats are NOT the same as 2000kcal from JUNK FOOD or SUGAR or juste pasta.

The list goes on. Go the Nutrition section son, you have some serious learning to do.
    don't need to (nutrition section)

Originally Posted by eomrat View Post
    Also, and most importantly, disregard anything posted by Health45.

Health45......

lol, care to develop ? the guy has not years to find out what he needs to do nor thousands of bucks to hire a Hollywood nutritionist...

so lay out your suggested plan

(go US Army however !! respect).

Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    don't need to (nutrition section)
    Lol, good luck with your goals, you will need it.

Dammit, I need to wait till till tomorrow to neg you for giving horrible advice...

hey Bull
    an adult discussion would be for you to make him a diet/workout solution instead... given his urgent need at such a young age
    still to save his health, his heart.

you cannot put him on an intensive bodybuilding program immediately (heavy weights, drugs (lol)).

20% of the American population is OBESE (and really obese).... and with unemployment/wellfare rising, it's getting worse.

OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    and with unemployment/wellfare rising, it's getting worse.
    and this has relevance to lifting....how?
    Dave

Don't lay some "adult discussion" crap on me after what you wrote. All the good advice re nutrition and exercise has been given, Excluding your post of course.

Here is a start to a plan...
    1. Go the nutrition section, see the sticky by Emma Leigh Watson and read it five times.
    2. Ignore Heath45's posts.
    3. See Crupia and Jbtny's posts....Dsup as well. There are others..

And the best " thing" I can do for the OP is to call out bull**** when I see it.

Montourage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Montourage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Montourage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Montourage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Montourage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Montourage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Montourage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Montourage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Montourage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Montourage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Montourage is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by eomrat View Post
    Also, and most importantly, disregard anything posted by Health45.

Health45......

I had to watch that video twice, it was pretty funny, lol I do give Health 45 props for trying...I think his heart is in the right place. But yeah I think the critiques are spot on regarding carbs, etc. OP should be most concerned about lowering total calorie intake and eating balanced meals...etc etc.

rcott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rcott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rcott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rcott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rcott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rcott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rcott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rcott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rcott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rcott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rcott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Welcome and good luck on your new commitment. There are a lot of knowelgeable people here and it sounds like you some decent concepts of what to work on.

Personally, the one thing that worked for me was reading the Master Cleanse book by Stanley Burroughs. I did just a 3 day detox lost about 7 lbs and lost another 11 lbs in the next few weeks after and I've been eating better and keeping most weight off for the past 4 years. I think I really just detoxed off sugar and processed foods that just make you more hungry. I felt much more calm and focused while on the detox, made me realize how crazy bad food can make you. I still do it 3 days a couple times a year.

I'm not a doctor, so I can't say if this is right for you, just sharing one turning point for myself.
    Mind, Body, Spirit

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP,

FWIW, start walking. It's free, everyone can do it, and it's fun. Getting your diet in order is the number one priority, of course. Take it from a former fatty like me (I used to weigh a little over three hundred so I know what it's like to be grossly overweight) walking is probably the number one activity in your arsenal at the moment. Take a nice, brisk walk every day, not a leisurely stroll, but something to get the blood pumping yet not overtax your system. When you're tired, sit down and rest, and then get back at it.

As for the weights, it's your choice, but assuming your cardiologist says it's okay--and check with him/her first as I'm not a doctor--then start off with light weights, learn proper form, and take it from there. Work ALL your muscle groups. Someone mentioned All-Pro's routine and that's an excellent one for beginners. But don't start doing max attempts no matter what.

Cut the junk food out, take it one day at a time, and keep at it. The weight WILL come off if you work at getting it off, which means staying on the diet and eating healthy food. Best of luck--and health.
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You've got the main parts already. Weight loss is #1 for you, and diet is the #1 way to get it.

Lift, lightly at first, tone, and as you get a few weeks into being more fit, slowly increase your lifting and learn about lifting regimens and proper eating as you go. Take your time. Your weight loss is going to take a while, so will your "getting fit".

First, though, I would see your doctor, get a bit of a baseline with some tests so you can chart some growth and progress that you will not be able to chart yourself. And, this will give you a baseline on your health, BP, etc, and he will hopefully give you some guidelines on what base heart rates you might strive for initially for cardio, etc...

Diet- diet- diet - diet.. this does no mean "calorie restrict" only... it means "LEARN DIET"

You need to be able to get to the point where you can look at food, and decide how many calories, protein grams, fat grams, etc are in it. It will come in time. Until then you can use a ton of phone apps, etc., to take charge of daily tracking.

Weight loss is a caloric deficit. Period. It can be achieved many ways. Don't think that cardio can make up for poor eating- but- great eating can make up for NO cardio or other exercise. Again, you CAN lose weight and NEVER lift a finger.

Chances are, though, as you lose weight, you will start to feel WAY better, younger, and going out and working out whether it be bike riding or walking or running or lifting weights or all of those, will make you feel even better, and make you look better and lose weight faster.

Watch the scale, but know it will go up and down and up and down and up and down- look for the trend down- not the daily weight...

You WILL win... trust me... it is a daily fight- that gets easier and easier and easier...
    Nobody improves without trying. Period.

Listen to your wisdom as you gain it. Rarely are things lost forever. Change is usually always possible. Second chances sometimes reveal better results than first chances. Always look to believe that you can and will be better. You're not done until you give up.

(Bear= wife's nickname for me... Luna= my nickname for her)

BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I wanted to come back and say this-

It is sooooooo worth it.. it is like a fountain of youth. You will feel amaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzing.... you will feel so much younger, focused, the physiological changes that will come from this weight loss will be way, way more worth it than the effort...

I am 5'11", went from 216-ish to 175 last year. (In a cut from a bulk to 190 now, from over the winter). You cannot - CAN NOT imagine how awesome you are going to feel..

Stay the course... every ... day...
    Nobody improves without trying. Period.

Listen to your wisdom as you gain it. Rarely are things lost forever. Change is usually always possible. Second chances sometimes reveal better results than first chances. Always look to believe that you can and will be better. You're not done until you give up.

(Bear= wife's nickname for me... Luna= my nickname for her)

DarkFoxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkFoxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkFoxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkFoxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkFoxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkFoxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkFoxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkFoxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkFoxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkFoxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkFoxx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    slowly changing your eating habits permanently with resistance training will make you feel better rapidly. Just don't try to lose the weight really fast or you'll feel horrible and you body will eat muscle along with the fat and you could possibly gain it back in the future with binging. Making muscle will help fill in the hanging skin, fix posture, lower joint pain and make simple things like walking around much much easier.

JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Best of luck to you. Unfortunately there are many idiots on this forum who believe that they will never have any problems and are not kind to those who struggle with personal problems (They are someone in their own imagination and BB.com forum). These people are in denial about their own problems so they are not able to show compassion and have empathy for those who need it most. You do not need someone to feel sorry for you and more importantly you do not want to feel sorry for yourself. Ignore those who are negative and focus on the positives. You can gain a great amount of information that will enable you to become healthier and lead a life that will inspire others. I wish you the best. Blessings to you.
    "Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them falls to the ground outside of the Lord's will. So do not be afraid, or worry, for you are worth much more than many sparrows."

"Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and the rest shall be given to you as well."

jrod67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrod67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrod67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrod67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrod67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrod67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrod67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrod67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrod67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrod67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrod67 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Lots of great advice, but it's falling on deaf ears.

Where is the OP? He has only posted twice.

Hope you didn't get scared away.

MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Op gone .....

JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by MecGen View Post
    Op gone .....
    You suprised?

blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Op gone .....
    wonder why

JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Because you don't get grossly overweight unless you have a whole lot of quit in you. Unless that was your goal...

GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Op gone .....
    Darn, was just about to throw him some support. C'est la vie!
    FSU "Go Noles!"

OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Good job folks
    Dave

Over404life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Over404life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Over404life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Over404life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Over404life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Over404life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Over404life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Over404life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Over404life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Over404life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Over404life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey folks

I'm here, lurking and reading. Yes, I do have a life and work like everyone else. I haven't responded because I've been busy reading. Reading here and a couple books my brother recommended.

I appreciate the well wishes and the awesome advice. Yes, it's information overload, but I didn't put this weight on over night and I know I will not take it off overnight, and I know it's a "one day at a time" process. Yes, there will be days I "fail", but I also know that I have two choices.....pick myself up and get back on track, or quit. The quit option is just NOT an option.

I am a little disappointed by some of the elitist and negative comments that my post as brought about, but this is a free country and people are allowed to say how they feel. Tough love perhaps?

Anyways, so far the first couple days have been good. I've made sure that I'm eating at least 2 large cup full of veggies, lean meats (salmon, talapi and chicken), a solid breakfast (oatmeal usually) and haven't had a sugary drink since Sunday....hey, it's a start. Going to the gym tonight to work on the elliptical.

One day at a time......

Thanks again all

Thumbs up

Hi OP
    good to read you, you sound motivated, excellent!

on carbohydrates: a must read article:
    (sorry can't post direct links yet)
    articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2005/03/05/obesity-carbs

"It's the kind of carbohydrates you consume, not the number, that becomes a reflection of the number on your bathroom scale. Contrary to popular belief, overweight people don't eat more carbohydrates than those of normal weight. However, it was discovered that overweight people were more inclined to eat an excess of refined carbohydrates such as white bread and pasta, which trigger a rapid spike in blood sugar.

The culprit of weight gain, refined carbohydrates, can be found in processed foods high in sugar. Refined carbohydrates add on extra pounds through their high glycemic index, which means they cause a quick surge in blood sugar. The sugar is then stored in muscle and if it is not used it turns into fat.
    On the contrary, other carbohydrates such as whole grains, fruits and vegetables don't have high glycemic indexes. "

on BCAA:
    some reading for you on branched chain amino acids (choose the pure versions, not those comibined with "carbs", and you get 2x almost for the same price):

getprograde.com/BCAAs-and-Dieting

charlespoliquin.com/ArticlesMultimedia/Articles/Article/698/Belly_Fat__Lose_It

realsolutionsmag.com/ezine/87/issue87e
    Leucine & BCAA's and Body Composition

There's one more great benefit to BCAA's that stands out from the research: they may help you lose some fat.

BCAA's or leucine alone may help regulate bodyweight, especially while dieting8,9. BCAA's may help regulate satiety, leptin (a hormone in fat tissue that signals the brain that the body is full/satieted), glucose, adiposity, and body weight10.

In a study examining BCAA supplementation during caloric restriction in elite wrestlers, 25 subjects were given a hypocaloric control diet, hypocaloric high-protein diet, hypocaloric low-protein diet, or hypocaloric high BCAA diet for 19 days.

The BCAA group lost a significant amount of bodyweight (-4 kg, p < 0.05) and body fat (-17.3%, p < 0.05) in comparison to other groups. In addition, the BCAA group experienced a significant reduction in abdominal visceral adipose tissue (i.e., belly fat). There were no between-group differences in anaerobic capacity, VO2max, or muscular strength11.

Even if you don't want to lose weight, BCAA's may help athletes who have a hard time getting in enough calories and therefore unintentionally dropping weight12.

2 B Tan is 2 B Glorious! SipNPiz's Avatar
    SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    +1 on ketogenic diet over404life, it works and the engery is insane!
    STEM Wagie Brah

frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    hi
    This is where I, OP, and everybody else should have stopped reading.
    It's not your beliefs that make you a better person, it's your behavior.

"If you're having girl problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems and a b1tch ain't 1" JayZ

wow
    even a post subtantiated by links/references doesn't do it either I see...(as if I invented stuff in my first post, utter non sense)

well, so long for wanting to give proven verified advices to someone in serious search of help

rgds