Thread: So day two...

Kruniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kruniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kruniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kruniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kruniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kruniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kruniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kruniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kruniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kruniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kruniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

So day two...

Woke up at 5 AM. Had some coffee. Ate a banana (I didn't realize how many carbs were in it).

9 AM - Ate four scrambled eggs, a slice of mild cheddar cheese with five strips of bacon (Think I overdid this). No veggies this time. ~2 tablespoons of olive oil to cook the eggs in.

No lunch. Just coffee, black.

5 PM - Cardio, burned off about 180 calories.

6PM - ...I'm not hungry, and it's about time I'd eat dinner. It's odd. I know I should be hungry, but I'm just not. I had pretty low energy all day, but that could have been from coffee the day before. I've been thirsty CONSTANTLY - I keep drinking water, don't get bloated, and keep drinking more and taking leaks. Maybe from the bacon?

Aside from the odd feeling of feeling full even though I had a banana and one meal at 9 AM, and the energy drain, I'm doing okay. I thought I'd be pretty hungry after my cardio, especially since every day I've worked out, I'm going longer and burning more.

Anyways, so there it is. Only got about 1280 calories today, not counting the coffee, and 480 of that was from olive oil. I guess that's a good thing, as I got tons of fats, protein, and almost no carbs. I'll probably down three more eggs, and three pieces of bacon without olive oil before bed.

Any thoughts? Comments? Advice? Not sure what's going on with my body right now, but I feel pretty different compared to when I chow down on anything. Also, weird taste in my mouth all day. Again, I'm not sure if it's the coffee or what, but it's odd.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you're 5'10" tall, male and weigh only 150 pounds, why in the world are you cutting let alone on an extreme energy deficit?

Kruniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kruniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kruniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kruniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kruniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kruniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kruniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kruniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kruniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kruniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kruniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    If you're 5'10" tall, male and weigh only 150 pounds, why in the world are you cutting let alone on an extreme energy deficit?
    Because the gut I've developed is pretty much from two years of beer/soda/liquor, excessive eating an assortment of restaurant things (pastas), whereas before I was pretty lean as I lived off of mostly beef stew, cheese, and other beefy things. Also olive oil. Tons of it.

In addition to doing cardio, I wanted to do some kind of diet. I did some research on Atkins and when I learned the science behind ketosis, it seemed like a good idea. In fact, I'm still thinking that when I had my own place, I was mainly burning any fat I consumed because I never got many carbs. No soda. No sugar. No alcohol of any kind.

So yeah. If I can force the metabolic change in my body, and up my carbs while continuing to exercise regularly, I should be able to look the way I did six or so years ago. Lean.

Also, my weight at 150 lbs is an estimate. When I bulked up a bit before/after my Army time, I was 140ish. I'm guessing I'm 150-160 now.

As a follow up to my OP - Hunger hit me all at once about an hour after that post. I went from "Man, I still feel totally full" to "...Must consume something."

Dinner - 12 peices of Sashimi, four baby octopi, and I stayed away from the salad/Miso. I was so jealous of my roomy who got tons of sushi, but rice=carbs - tons of them. Ah well. Tomorrow it'll be eggs and bacon yet again, and I might see about some tuna and mayo for lunch.

DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That cardio is a recipe for skinny-fat unless you've found your prefect fat burning zone and are keeping your bouts to less than 20 minutes. And even if this is the case, you would be doing cardio in a fasted state and you would be doing it in addition to a lifting routine later in the day.

You need to lift heavy stuff if you want your body to look like it can lift heavy stuff.

Finally, cooked olive oil is bad for you... eat it raw or use coconut oil in dem eggs.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=608052853&posted=1#post608052853

BEARS, CUBS, BULLS, HAWKS, SOX, MMA

Location: west coast, scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    lindseym631 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lindseym631 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lindseym631 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lindseym631 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lindseym631 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lindseym631 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lindseym631 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lindseym631 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DustyChicago View Post

You need to lift heavy stuff if you want your body to look like it can lift heavy stuff.
    The most logical thing I've heard this week.

That cardio is a recipe for skinny-fat unless you've found your prefect fat burning zone and are keeping your bouts to less than 20 minutes. And even if this is the case, you would be doing cardio in a fasted state and you would be doing it in addition to a lifting routine later in the day.

Finally, cooked olive oil is bad for you... eat it raw or use coconut oil in dem eggs.
    I'm not sure what you mean by keeping my cardio to less than 20 minutes. Less cardio=Fat lost? No idea how that works.

Thanks for the olive oil tip. I'll just use it on other foods uncooked.

I'm not sure what lifting has to do with this. I'm literally just trying to lose body fat. I figured cardio was the way to go. I'll implement lifting and body weight exercise when I up my carbs and I'm already in Ketosis.

DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Kruniac View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by keeping my cardio to less than 20 minutes. Less cardio=Fat lost? No idea how that works.

Thanks for the olive oil tip. I'll just use it on other foods uncooked.

I'm not sure what lifting has to do with this. I'm literally just trying to lose body fat. I figured cardio was the way to go. I'll implement lifting and body weight exercise when I up my carbs and I'm already in Ketosis.
    More than 20 minutes of cardio, you're going to burn muscle. Heck, you're probably already burning your muscle because the stress you're putting on signals "we need to run, dump the weight." The fastest way to do that is to dump muscle. If you lift heavy things, you will be sending the signal "we need to lift heavy stuff, retain our muscle, drop the fat."

MVHagey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MVHagey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MVHagey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MVHagey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MVHagey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MVHagey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MVHagey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MVHagey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MVHagey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MVHagey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MVHagey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    More than 20 minutes of cardio, you're going to burn muscle. Heck, you're probably already burning your muscle because the stress you're putting on signals "we need to run, dump the weight." The fastest way to do that is to dump muscle. If you lift heavy things, you will be sending the signal "we need to lift heavy stuff, retain our muscle, drop the fat."
    Please don't spout off such silly things, this has been disproven repeatedly. Absolutely no substance in this post

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    More than 20 minutes of cardio, you're going to burn muscle...
    This is, of course, not true.

I dunno. My endurance has gone up every single time I do my cardio. I can do longer sessions than the previous day, my legs aren't destroyed the next day, and overall I have more stamina. If I were burning muscle, or not getting what I need to fuel my cardio properly, wouldn't my performance suffer?

Also, the "more than 20 minutes of cardio" theory could really mean a lot of things. You can do various levels of cardio in those 20-30 minutes. Are you trying to tell me that burning off 200 calories in 20 minutes is fine, whereas doing 200 calories in 30 minutes from reduced intensity eats muscle? Again, none of that really makes sense to me, but I'm not an expert in the least.

Registered User YesiEvenLiftBro's Avatar
    YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    nothing wrong with more then 20 minutes of cardio, yes it's catabolic but ''signals you to drop the weight'' and lose more muscle then fat? you crazy bro? pls go

also op, have you ever considered you might possibly have a self image problem/eating disorder?

5'10 150lbs, eating 1280 kcal? annorexia nervousa is diagnosed for people at around under 1000kcal daily, you are starving yourself and you are going to damage your metabolism, when you can't maintain this crazy crash dieting, you're metabolism will be shot and when you binge you will put on more fat and be worse off then starting, IMO you should be bulking right now, not cutting, if you have to dip that low to lose weight then you need to put on some lbm and adjust your body to higher BMR before dieting down

you are not doing yourself any good going crazy with the energy balance as anything under 700kcal below maint is likely to offer dimishing returns and become increasingly catabolic, we all want to be ripped and fit, but with your diet approach if successful you may just end up looking like you survived the holocaust

Gijss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gijss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gijss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gijss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gijss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gijss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gijss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gijss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gijss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gijss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gijss is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I think you are hurting your metabolism with this op.
    And as asked before why in the name of god are you cutting?

Because the gut I've developed is pretty much from two years of beer/soda/liquor, excessive eating an assortment of restaurant things (pastas), whereas before I was pretty lean as I lived off of mostly beef stew, cheese, and other beefy things. Also olive oil. Tons of it.

In addition to doing cardio, I wanted to do some kind of diet. I did some research on Atkins and when I learned the science behind ketosis, it seemed like a good idea. In fact, I'm still thinking that when I had my own place, I was mainly burning any fat I consumed because I never got many carbs. No soda. No sugar. No alcohol of any kind.

So yeah. If I can force the metabolic change in my body, and up my carbs while continuing to exercise regularly, I should be able to look the way I did six or so years ago. Lean.
    This.

also op, have you ever considered you might possibly have a self image problem/eating disorder?
    No way. I've never cared about how buff I was, how I looked, or how much fat I had on me. Like I said, I've developed a gut over the past two years, and I want it gone. That's all it is. I don't need a six pack, I don't need to be cut like a sculpture to "feel good", I just want the damn gut gone. :P

ht*p://postimage.org/image/7xkolpf2t/ - Me three years ago.

ht*p://s592.beta.photobucket.com/user/Cainurk/media/Me_zpsd463fd48.jpg.html - One year ago. Getting a little gut.

ht*p://s592.beta.photobucket.com/user/Cainurk/media/005_zpsa56b0b0d.jpg.html - Today. Obviously fat on the stomach/sides.

I'm just trying to get back to photo 1 - It's that simple. There's nothing more complex or psychological about it.
    Last edited by Kruniac; 02-26-2013 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Fixed first image

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Was this you OP?

"Arterial plaque is primarily composed of unsaturated fats particularly polyunsaturated ones." (Felton, C V, et al, Lancet, 1994, 344:1195)

How to bulk: http://70sbig.com/food/

Diet = http://i52.tinypic.com/21bhop.png
    ...or something like this daily. Problem? ;)

FFMI = 24

Originally Posted by Atavis View Post
    Was this you OP?
    No. That's... nasty. XD

Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    This is, of course, not true.
    People eating at a deficit wont burn muscle when performing cardio that makes them catabolic?

What?

http://www.mensfitness.com/training/...ys-lose-muscle

And, although I would normally not cite Men's Fitness. I dig Alwyn and his wife, Rachel Cosgrove.
    Last edited by DustyChicago; 02-26-2013 at 01:21 PM.

StrongJeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJeff will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Woke up at 5 AM. Had some coffee. Ate a banana (I didn't realize how many carbs were in it).

9 AM - Ate four scrambled eggs, a slice of mild cheddar cheese with five strips of bacon (Think I overdid this). No veggies this time. ~2 tablespoons of olive oil to cook the eggs in.

No lunch. Just coffee, black.

5 PM - Cardio, burned off about 180 calories.

6PM - ...I'm not hungry, and it's about time I'd eat dinner. It's odd. I know I should be hungry, but I'm just not. I had pretty low energy all day, but that could have been from coffee the day before. I've been thirsty CONSTANTLY - I keep drinking water, don't get bloated, and keep drinking more and taking leaks. Maybe from the bacon?
    So at first u are awake 4 hours with the power of a banana and coffee... You should drink a little water when u wake up, to get your body started and then drink your coffee and eat protein and fat heavy breakfast.
    The 9am meal looks good, I usually cook my eggs in the bacon fat, not saying u have to.
    And then you skip lunch and you havent eaten from 9am to 6pm so 9 hours??? or did u even eat then??
    Reallyreally horrible diet plan.....

Ur body will get f'd up and then you will lose no weight (srs)
    Hope u are alive for day 3.

Originally Posted by StrongJeff View Post
    So at first u are awake 4 hours with the power of a banana and coffee... You should drink a little water when u wake up, to get your body started and then drink your coffee and eat protein and fat heavy breakfast.
    The 9am meal looks good, I usually cook my eggs in the bacon fat, not saying u have to.
    And then you skip lunch and you havent eaten from 9am to 6pm so 9 hours??? or did u even eat then??
    Reallyreally horrible diet plan.....

Ur body will get f'd up and then you will lose no weight (srs)
    Hope u are alive for day 3.
    It's day 4. I'm fine.

And yes. I had -zero- appetite, and felt pretty bloated from the morning meal I had. I didn't eat until the evening. One of the main problems I'm having is a total lack of appetite. I can't bring myself to chow down in the morning, noon, and evening. I typically just try to snack after breakfast to keep things moving. Mostly cheese cubes. I just had two cans of tuna, mayo, and a pack of Ramen (I had no other carbs today, and the energy will do me good.) About to get down with some cardio.

sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You don't look 150. But let's say you are indeed 150 Lbs.

Taken from the following link:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

BMR = [9.99 x weight (kg)] + [6.25 x height (cm)] - [4.92 x age (years)] + 5

Average activity variables are:
    1.2 = Sedentary (Desk job, and Little Formal Exercise)
    1.3-1.4 = Lightly Active (Light daily activity AND light exercise 1-3 days a week)
    1.5-1.6 = Moderately Active (Moderately daily Activity & Moderate exercise 3-5 days a week)
    1.7-1.8 = Very Active (Physically demanding lifestyle & Hard exercise 6-7 days a week)
    1.9-2.2 = Extremely Active (Athlete in ENDURANCE training or VERY HARD physical job)
    Your BMR = 1,658
    This is how many calories you would need if you were in a coma.

Maintenance Calories = 1,989
    This is how many calories you would need for a sedentary lifestyle to maintain body weight.

You stated in your original post that you consumed 1,280 calories along with 480 from 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil. However, 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil doesn't contain that many calories; the more likely amount is around 250 calories. Therefore, you're consuming about 1,530 calories (which is 128 calories below comatose calorie levels). Even then, because Olive Oil has a low burning point and you more than likely wont ingest all 250 of those calories, it's far more likely that you're taking in less than 1,530 calories. Lastly, black coffee doesn't contain any calories.

You'd be better off consuming 1,800 calories without doing any exercise than what you're doing right now (and 1,800 calories without exercise will still cause weight loss).
    Last edited by sambshep; 02-26-2013 at 04:44 PM.

StrongJeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJeff will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by sambshep View Post
    You'd be better off consuming 1,800 calories without doing any exercise than what you're doing right now (and 1,800 calories without exercise will still cause weight loss).
    This

Originally Posted by sambshep View Post
    You don't look 150. But let's say you are indeed 150 Lbs.

Your BMR = 1,658
    This is how many calories you would need if you were in a coma.

Maintenance Calories = 1,989
    This is how many calories you would need for a sedentary lifestyle to maintain body weight.

You stated in your original post that you consumed 1,280 calories along with 480 from 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil. However, 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil doesn't contain that many calories; the more likely amount is around 250 calories. Therefore, you're consuming about 1,530 calories (which is 128 calories below comatose calorie levels). Even then, because Olive Oil has a low burning point and you more than likely wont ingest all 250 of those calories, it's far more likely that you're taking in less than 1,530 calories. Lastly, black coffee doesn't contain any calories.

I really appreciate this kind of advice. It's very concise. Thank you. I'm not trying to starve or anything, I just haven't had an appetite for the past two days. Would you suggest that I drop the Keto diet and just eat "normally" at around 1800 calories, but keep doing cardio?

The reason I'm pushing the cardio so much is that after 14 years of virtually no exercise (walking around town and getting laid excluded), my lungs are pretty meh. My conditioning is almost non-existent. I'm also a smoker, which makes it even worse. Now that I've started cardio, I'm breathing a lot better, I have more stamina, and I'm just really pleased with what's been happening.

All of my friends have been telling me that I should probably eat what I'd normally eat, but also work out. Is that what you'd suggest?

sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    [1]I really appreciate this kind of advice. It's very concise. Thank you. I'm not trying to starve or anything, I just haven't had an appetite for the past two days. Would you suggest that I drop the Keto diet and just eat "normally" at around 1800 calories, but keep doing cardio?

[2]The reason I'm pushing the cardio so much is that after 14 years of virtually no exercise (walking around town and getting laid excluded), my lungs are pretty meh. My conditioning is almost non-existent. I'm also a smoker, which makes it even worse. Now that I've started cardio, I'm breathing a lot better, I have more stamina, and I'm just really pleased with what's been happening.

[3]All of my friends have been telling me that I should probably eat what I'd normally eat, but also work out. Is that what you'd suggest?
    [1] Don't mention it, I'm here to help. Fat digests more slowly than both carbohydrates and protein. Based on the assumption that you haven't eaten healthy or exercised over the past few years, it's possible that your metabolism has slowed down considerably, which will affect appetite when you start consuming slower digesting foods (especially fat since it satiates appetite). To put it simply, brown rice will fill you up before a can of soda will, and scrambled eggs will fill you up before the brown rice. I would suggest the following: Lift weights, aim for 1800 calories on keto, and do low intensity cardio (brisk walk that causes light sweat, nothing more). The weight lifting will increase your appetite and metabolism, while consistently eating 1800 calories will make speeding up your metabolism easier for the body.

[2] Weight lifting can work the lungs very effectively, especially leg routines. I can tell you from experience, I've gotten my resting heart rate down to 55 bpm (considered athletic) from weight lifting alone. The reason I recommend low intensity cardio right now is because your VO2 is probably below average and you want to work yourself up to higher intensities. Furthermore, higher intensity cardio will change your carbohydrate requirements, and given how relatively new you are to this diet, it wont make understanding your body any easier if you have to already make adjustments to carbohydrates. Regardless of your weight loss goal, I'd highly recommend quitting smoking, it's going to be counterproductive to more than just your lungs.

[3] I don't know what you "normally eat", so I can't make a recommendation regarding that course of action. I will say this though, whether you're wanting to gain muscle, preserve muscle, lose fat, or improve general health, what's most responsible for achieving those goals is inside the kitchen. It would be wise to exercise some self-discipline when it comes to the food you eat as that will ultimately be the greatest contribution to your long-term successes.