boabhill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Home Gym Training

Been training on and off for 2 years between the gym and at home. But now I can only train at home because of work,so my question is I only have 2 adjustable dumbbells a barbell and bench that can got incline,flat and decline what routine/split can I do to build decent muscle?????

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    If you actually have heavy enough dumbbells, any solid routine will work. Without a power cage your barbell isn't worth much.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by boabhill View Post
    Been training on and off for 2 years between the gym and at home. But now I can only train at home because of work,so my question is I only have 2 adjustable dumbbells a barbell and bench that can got incline,flat and decline what routine/split can I do to build decent muscle?????
    How heavy can you make the dumbbells? Same question for the barbell?

You can deadlift and overhead press safely with what you have. With the bench, you can safely dumbbell bench press and perhaps barbell bench press too if you have a spotter.

You'll need to find some kind of decent squat replacement since you don't have a power rack. Jefferson squats, goblet squats, and Bulgarian Split Squats are a few possibilities.

With all of that in mind, get a copy of Starting Strength and do that program as best as possible with the equipment you have. You won't be able to do it exactly - and therefore you won't really be doing Starting Strength - but it should be close enough for you to be able to make some decent gains.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by boabhill View Post
    Muscle growth is primarily a function of nutrition. If you're not eating enough doesn't matter what training you do, you won't gain mass.

Location: Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I train solely at home. Yes you can build quality muscle if everything is in check ie: diet, routine and rest.

As mentioned, power rack / cage is pretty much essential for safety training alone.
    "Ain't nothing to it but to do it"

Sponsored F.I.T Athlete - http://www.ForgedIronTraining.com - DANTHEMAN5 for 5% off

Training Log || Cube Method - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160370671

Home Physique || 100% Free Motivation - http://www.homephysique.com ||| YouTube Channel: http://youtube.com/lllDBOlll

dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000)
    as was mentioned, if the dumbbells are heavy enough, one can work everything effectively. some creativity will allow even some of the strongest users to challenge themselves with dumbbells. find a way to do dips and pullups and you can go a long way.

I would only say a power rack would help make more use of the barbell, but the barbell isn't necessary. its just another tool.
    "ive made the most impressive gains when i spent months with the heavy dumbbells and left the power rack cowering in the corner like the b**ch that it is"-anonymous

"sometimes when a mans alone, thats all you got is your dog"

"he fakes to the left. no. he fakes to the right. he doesnt fake. he thinks about faking. he pretends to fake. i dont know where i am. i cant breathe"

Registered you, sir. trimble006's Avatar
    trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Chest - flat bench, incline bench, flyes
    Triceps - kick backs, overhead extensions, skullcrushers, bench dips
    Biceps - curls, hammer curls
    Forearms - wrist curls, static holds, look into thick bar training(Fatgripz)
    Back - Pullovers, overhand one arm rows for upper back, underhand one arm rows for lats, shrugs, deadlifts, reverse flyes, incline shrugs
    Shoulders - Military/Arnold press, front raises, side raises, upright rows
    Legs - DB squats, split squats, lunges, calf raises
    Abs - weighted sit ups, weighted leg lifts, sandbags

All of these in addition to bodyweight exercises and you're set. All I have is Ironmaster dumbbells and a Hoist 4145 incline bench and I get by alright (See AVI).

Edit: I've been thinking of Tibia/dorsai exercises lately. Might build something out of wood and hinges that will take my IM plates. I believe this is the only muscle I'm neglecting currently. Also, my hamstrings give me fits, so I probably don't train them as effectively as I can. But at least I can still walk.

*I do have an IM kettlebell but utilize it as a differently weighted handle for one arm exercises (no typical Kettlebell movements)
    **I did go to a gym for 2 months when I moved across the country again and didn't have my weights shipped out for a bit.
    ***When I settle down and purchase a house I will purchase an EliteFTS Collegiate rack, or the Rae Crowthers pro rack and start a real home gym. Fact.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #54 ▪█─────█▪

-✘- Edmonton Oilers -✘-
    -✘- Toronto Blue Jays -✘-

boabhill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That's all amazing advice guys,just the usual think I needed to go to the gym all the time :P thanks