Thread: Diet Software?

TennesseeBill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Diet Software?

I have been searching the internet and this forum all morning. Why is diet software so difficult to find?

I only want something that will allow me to simply put together a meal plan, print it out and follow it. That's it. i don't care about logging my food, keeping a journal, web integration, smartphone access, or a webcam to F****ing Jupiter.

Just a simple program that will build a meal plan, and then I can follow it. does one exist?

matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    So just use myfitnesspal to draw up a meal plan and just follow that on a daily basis.
    R.I.P urukhai29, sentinel3, AncientYouth.

"Eating chips and cookies and drinking soda is just like wandering through life. These are the agents of a purposeless existence. Avocados, turkey burgers, brown rice and eggs etc are the agents of a purposeful existence." - orderoutofchaos, The Internet, 2014

2 Kings 2:23-24

Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by matman1813 View Post
    So just use myfitnesspal to draw up a meal plan and just follow that on a daily basis.
    ^^ what he said.
    My Reverse Diet Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153750981&p=1077733831#post1077733831

Hmmm...maybe I'm getting frustrated and not seeing it. I was playing around with both that one and fitday.com, and all I could see that you could do was track/input what you were eating and it would tell you if it was right or not (which is too late!). I didn't see an option to chart out a diet?

fartzilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) fartzilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) fartzilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) fartzilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) fartzilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) fartzilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) fartzilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) fartzilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) fartzilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) fartzilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) fartzilla will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I personally use myfitnesspal to track calories and macros. However, do not use their model to calculate your TDEE...I woulds do a google search for IIFYM then use their TDEE to calculate your daily caloric intake.

Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by TennesseeBill View Post
    Hmmm...maybe I'm getting frustrated and not seeing it. I was playing around with both that one and fitday.com, and all I could see that you could do was track/input what you were eating and it would tell you if it was right or not (which is too late!). I didn't see an option to chart out a diet?
    Build a custom meal, then make several of them so you have some variety.
    My Reverse Diet Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153750981&p=1077733831#post1077733831

lucksterx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucksterx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucksterx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucksterx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucksterx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucksterx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucksterx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucksterx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucksterx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucksterx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucksterx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have been searching the internet and this forum all morning. Why is diet software so difficult to find?

I only want something that will allow me to simply put together a meal plan, print it out and follow it. That's it. i don't care about logging my food, keeping a journal, web integration, smartphone access, or a webcam to F****ing Jupiter.

Just a simple program that will build a meal plan, and then I can follow it. does one exist?
    A piece of paper and a pen?

Jaxta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jaxta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jaxta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jaxta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jaxta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jaxta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jaxta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jaxta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jaxta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jaxta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jaxta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    LOL... its called reverse engineering... so just put in a bunch of things you'd like to eat, then play around with the weight of the foods to get your calories, protein and fat at the right amount... takes a bit of planning/work... but thats the best way... its what i do... once you've worked out a sample maintenance day of food, its easy from there... eg, for me, if i wanted to cut a bit, a simple way for me is to not have a sandwich, which is about 400cals... simples see... if you wanna have a huge variety then you'll need to do a few plans.

Originally Posted by Jaxta View Post
    LOL... its called reverse engineering... so just put in a bunch of things you'd like to eat, then play around with the weight of the foods to get your calories, protein and fat at the right amount... takes a bit of planning/work... but thats the best way... its what i do... once you've worked out a sample maintenance day of food, its easy from there... eg, for me, if i wanted to cut a bit, a simple way for me is to not have a sandwich, which is about 400cals... simples see... if you wanna have a huge variety then you'll need to do a few plans.
    Yeah, I guess that's the only real way? When you join the gym the trainers can whip out a meal plan in minutes, they just hop on a computer a next thing you know it's printed out and in your hand. Percentages, calories, everything. I just want to do it myself instead of paying trainers and am wondering what software they use?

Plus if you could bust out a balanced plan in a few minutes you could shake it up whenever the mood strikes you, instead of whipping out a sheet full of calorie counts and a calculator and burning a couple hours working on it.

matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yeah, I guess that's the only real way? When you join the gym the trainers can whip out a meal plan in minutes, they just hop on a computer a next thing you know it's printed out and in your hand. Percentages, calories, everything. I just want to do it myself instead of paying trainers and am wondering what software they use?

Plus if you could bust out a balanced plan in a few minutes you could shake it up whenever the mood strikes you, instead of whipping out a sheet full of calorie counts and a calculator and burning a couple hours working on it.
    I'm guessing they just have a bunch of cookie cutter diets saved to the computer and print one out when someone asks. I doubt they are individually tailored to an individuals macro needs.
    R.I.P urukhai29, sentinel3, AncientYouth.

"Eating chips and cookies and drinking soda is just like wandering through life. These are the agents of a purposeless existence. Avocados, turkey burgers, brown rice and eggs etc are the agents of a purposeful existence." - orderoutofchaos, The Internet, 2014

2 Kings 2:23-24

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ummm count THEN eat it
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

Jaxta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jaxta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jaxta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jaxta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jaxta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jaxta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jaxta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jaxta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jaxta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jaxta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jaxta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by matman1813 View Post
    I'm guessing they just have a bunch of cookie cutter diets saved to the computer and print one out when someone asks. I doubt they are individually tailored to an individuals macro needs.
    deffo... most PT's are basically just sales reps... thinking they actually know/car about your diet/nutrition/training and exercise is like thinking that nice car salesman cares/knows about car mechanics... they just there to sell... they'll do something dead simple like weight x 14 for a rough TDEE and then find a pre-made diet and print it out... they'll have a few stored on that PC of theirs.

deffo... most PT's are basically just sales reps... thinking they actually know/car about your diet/nutrition/training and exercise is like thinking that nice car salesman cares/knows about car mechanics... they just there to sell... they'll do something dead simple like weight x 14 for a rough TDEE and then find a pre-made diet and print it out... they'll have a few stored on that PC of theirs.
    HAHAH ---- I AM a car salesman, have been for 10+ years, and I don't know crap about working on them....LOL.

In case anybody like me is wanting something, I kept searching and i just found and downloaded Crosstrainer. I was gonna post the link, but I'm a noob and it's not allowed yet.

Just in the last few minutes of playing with it, I think it is exactly what i was looking for. Have any of you guys used this? Any tips/tricks?

HAHAH ---- I AM a car salesman, have been for 10+ years, and I don't know crap about working on them....LOL.

In case anybody like me is wanting something, I kept searching and i just found and downloaded Crosstrainer. I was gonna post the link, but I'm a noob and it's not allowed yet.

Just in the last few minutes of playing with it, I think it is exactly what i was looking for. Have any of you guys used this? Any tips/tricks?
    LOL... i rest my case then

Post a link... just edit it a little.... eg wwwDOTgoogle.com

LOL... i rest my case then

Post a link... just edit it a little.... eg wwwDOTgoogle.com
    Hey, been busy using this since I was in here last. I'm still on the trial version, but I am going to buy it. I find it pretty effective and simple way to tweak your macros.

A couple of times this week I got home to make dinner, and realized I didn't have everything that was charted out on my meal plan. It took me about 5 mins to whip up a couple substitutes and stay right on target!!

wwwDOTcrosstrainerDOTca

Enjoy!

Hey, been busy using this since I was in here last. I'm still on the trial version, but I am going to buy it. I find it pretty effective and simple way to tweak your macros.

A couple of times this week I got home to make dinner, and realized I didn't have everything that was charted out on my meal plan. It took me about 5 mins to whip up a couple substitutes and stay right on target!!

wwwDOTcrosstrainerDOTca

Enjoy!
    I use myfitnesspal, as do ALOT of other members for the food counting/planning... its totally free and you can get an app for it too on your phone/tablet.
    Never chase fatigue, chase performance.

Being powerful is like being a lady, if you have to tell people you are, then you're not !

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's not the best way to go mate. Foods from some piece of software or a meal plan drawn up by someone else are probably not going to be the foods that you enjoy eating. Trying to comply with a plan laid out that way is not good for long-term success.

If you are confused about selecting foods that are "healthy", understand that when you're trying to lose fat your focus needs to be on meeting your macro goals while staying with your calorie limit. If you can do that, fat loss will happen, whether the foods you are eating are considered "healthy" or not.

If you meet your macro goals and stay within your calorie limit, it's actually very difficult to eat "unhealthy" in any significant sense.

VicF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VicF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VicF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VicF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VicF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VicF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VicF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VicF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VicF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VicF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VicF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I use a software for PC called Bodybuilder Advanced toolbox by viridum software. It has many different types of diet systems like carb drop, optimum, 4-day split, 2 week prep ect. But you can create you own meal plan very easy. Its really good