Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

    The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Reply
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Diet Software?

  1. #1
    Registered User TennesseeBill's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2013
    Age: 42
    Stats: 5'11", 223 lbs
    Posts: 8
    Rep Power: 0
    TennesseeBill is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit TennesseeBill's BodySpace
    TennesseeBill is offline

    Diet Software?

    I have been searching the internet and this forum all morning. Why is diet software so difficult to find?

    I only want something that will allow me to simply put together a meal plan, print it out and follow it. That's it. i don't care about logging my food, keeping a journal, web integration, smartphone access, or a webcam to F****ing Jupiter.

    Just a simple program that will build a meal plan, and then I can follow it. does one exist?
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Dem Beetroot Gainz matman1813's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2012
    Stats: 6'1", 192 lbs
    Posts: 6,239
    Rep Power: 6248
    matman1813 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) matman1813 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) matman1813 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) matman1813 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) matman1813 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) matman1813 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) matman1813 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) matman1813 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) matman1813 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) matman1813 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) matman1813 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit matman1813's BodySpace
    matman1813 is online now
    So just use myfitnesspal to draw up a meal plan and just follow that on a daily basis.
    R.I.P urukhai29, sentinel3, AncientYouth.

    "Eating chips and cookies and drinking soda is just like wandering through life. These are the agents of a purposeless existence. Avocados, turkey burgers, brown rice and eggs etc are the agents of a purposeful existence." - orderoutofchaos, The Internet, 2014

    2 Kings 2:23-24
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Registered User Electricheadd's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Age: 42
    Stats: 5'10", 202 lbs
    Posts: 6,481
    Rep Power: 10612
    Electricheadd has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Electricheadd has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Electricheadd has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Electricheadd has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Electricheadd has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Electricheadd has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Electricheadd has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Electricheadd has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Electricheadd has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Electricheadd has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Electricheadd has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Electricheadd's BodySpace
    Electricheadd is offline
    Originally Posted by matman1813 View Post
    So just use myfitnesspal to draw up a meal plan and just follow that on a daily basis.
    ^^ what he said.
    My Reverse Diet Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153750981&p=1077733831#post1077733831
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Registered User TennesseeBill's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2013
    Age: 42
    Stats: 5'11", 223 lbs
    Posts: 8
    Rep Power: 0
    TennesseeBill is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit TennesseeBill's BodySpace
    TennesseeBill is offline
    Hmmm...maybe I'm getting frustrated and not seeing it. I was playing around with both that one and fitday.com, and all I could see that you could do was track/input what you were eating and it would tell you if it was right or not (which is too late!). I didn't see an option to chart out a diet?
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Registered User fartzilla's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2013
    Stats: 5'10", 181 lbs
    Posts: 102
    Rep Power: 115
    fartzilla has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fartzilla has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fartzilla has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fartzilla has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fartzilla has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fartzilla has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fartzilla has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fartzilla has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fartzilla has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fartzilla has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fartzilla has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit fartzilla's BodySpace
    fartzilla is offline
    I personally use myfitnesspal to track calories and macros. However, do not use their model to calculate your TDEE...I woulds do a google search for IIFYM then use their TDEE to calculate your daily caloric intake.
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Registered User Electricheadd's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Age: 42
    Stats: 5'10", 202 lbs
    Posts: 6,481
    Rep Power: 10612
    Electricheadd has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Electricheadd has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Electricheadd has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Electricheadd has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Electricheadd has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Electricheadd has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Electricheadd has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Electricheadd has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Electricheadd has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Electricheadd has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Electricheadd has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Electricheadd's BodySpace
    Electricheadd is offline
    Originally Posted by TennesseeBill View Post
    Hmmm...maybe I'm getting frustrated and not seeing it. I was playing around with both that one and fitday.com, and all I could see that you could do was track/input what you were eating and it would tell you if it was right or not (which is too late!). I didn't see an option to chart out a diet?
    Build a custom meal, then make several of them so you have some variety.
    My Reverse Diet Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153750981&p=1077733831#post1077733831
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Ya I'm mad lucksterx's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2012
    Location: United States
    Stats: 5'9", 169 lbs
    Posts: 1,244
    Rep Power: 3446
    lucksterx has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) lucksterx has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) lucksterx has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) lucksterx has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) lucksterx has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) lucksterx has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) lucksterx has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) lucksterx has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) lucksterx has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) lucksterx has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) lucksterx has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit lucksterx's BodySpace
    lucksterx is offline
    Originally Posted by TennesseeBill View Post
    I have been searching the internet and this forum all morning. Why is diet software so difficult to find?

    I only want something that will allow me to simply put together a meal plan, print it out and follow it. That's it. i don't care about logging my food, keeping a journal, web integration, smartphone access, or a webcam to F****ing Jupiter.

    Just a simple program that will build a meal plan, and then I can follow it. does one exist?
    A piece of paper and a pen?
    Reply With Quote

  8. #8
    Registered User Jaxta's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2013
    Age: 33
    Stats: 5'6", 142 lbs
    Posts: 87
    Rep Power: 7
    Jaxta is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaxta is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaxta is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaxta is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaxta is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaxta is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaxta is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaxta is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaxta is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaxta is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaxta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Visit Jaxta's BodySpace
    Jaxta is offline
    Originally Posted by TennesseeBill View Post
    Hmmm...maybe I'm getting frustrated and not seeing it. I was playing around with both that one and fitday.com, and all I could see that you could do was track/input what you were eating and it would tell you if it was right or not (which is too late!). I didn't see an option to chart out a diet?
    LOL... its called reverse engineering... so just put in a bunch of things you'd like to eat, then play around with the weight of the foods to get your calories, protein and fat at the right amount... takes a bit of planning/work... but thats the best way... its what i do... once you've worked out a sample maintenance day of food, its easy from there... eg, for me, if i wanted to cut a bit, a simple way for me is to not have a sandwich, which is about 400cals... simples see... if you wanna have a huge variety then you'll need to do a few plans.
    Reply With Quote

  9. #9
    Registered User TennesseeBill's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2013
    Age: 42
    Stats: 5'11", 223 lbs
    Posts: 8
    Rep Power: 0
    TennesseeBill is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit TennesseeBill's BodySpace
    TennesseeBill is offline
    Originally Posted by Jaxta View Post
    LOL... its called reverse engineering... so just put in a bunch of things you'd like to eat, then play around with the weight of the foods to get your calories, protein and fat at the right amount... takes a bit of planning/work... but thats the best way... its what i do... once you've worked out a sample maintenance day of food, its easy from there... eg, for me, if i wanted to cut a bit, a simple way for me is to not have a sandwich, which is about 400cals... simples see... if you wanna have a huge variety then you'll need to do a few plans.
    Yeah, I guess that's the only real way? When you join the gym the trainers can whip out a meal plan in minutes, they just hop on a computer a next thing you know it's printed out and in your hand. Percentages, calories, everything. I just want to do it myself instead of paying trainers and am wondering what software they use?

    Plus if you could bust out a balanced plan in a few minutes you could shake it up whenever the mood strikes you, instead of whipping out a sheet full of calorie counts and a calculator and burning a couple hours working on it.
    Reply With Quote

  10. #10
    Dem Beetroot Gainz matman1813's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2012
    Stats: 6'1", 192 lbs
    Posts: 6,239
    Rep Power: 6248
    matman1813 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) matman1813 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) matman1813 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) matman1813 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) matman1813 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) matman1813 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) matman1813 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) matman1813 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) matman1813 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) matman1813 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) matman1813 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit matman1813's BodySpace
    matman1813 is online now
    Originally Posted by TennesseeBill View Post
    Yeah, I guess that's the only real way? When you join the gym the trainers can whip out a meal plan in minutes, they just hop on a computer a next thing you know it's printed out and in your hand. Percentages, calories, everything. I just want to do it myself instead of paying trainers and am wondering what software they use?

    Plus if you could bust out a balanced plan in a few minutes you could shake it up whenever the mood strikes you, instead of whipping out a sheet full of calorie counts and a calculator and burning a couple hours working on it.
    I'm guessing they just have a bunch of cookie cutter diets saved to the computer and print one out when someone asks. I doubt they are individually tailored to an individuals macro needs.
    R.I.P urukhai29, sentinel3, AncientYouth.

    "Eating chips and cookies and drinking soda is just like wandering through life. These are the agents of a purposeless existence. Avocados, turkey burgers, brown rice and eggs etc are the agents of a purposeful existence." - orderoutofchaos, The Internet, 2014

    2 Kings 2:23-24
    Reply With Quote

  11. #11
    Serpentarius's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2010
    Location: Woodbridge, California, United States
    Age: 29
    Stats: 5'9", 164 lbs
    Posts: 13,701
    Rep Power: 9781
    Serpentarius has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Serpentarius has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Serpentarius has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Serpentarius has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Serpentarius has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Serpentarius has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Serpentarius has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Serpentarius has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Serpentarius has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Serpentarius has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Serpentarius has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Serpentarius's BodySpace
    Serpentarius is offline
    Originally Posted by TennesseeBill View Post
    Hmmm...maybe I'm getting frustrated and not seeing it. I was playing around with both that one and fitday.com, and all I could see that you could do was track/input what you were eating and it would tell you if it was right or not (which is too late!). I didn't see an option to chart out a diet?
    ummm count THEN eat it
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?
    Reply With Quote

  12. #12
    Registered User Jaxta's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2013
    Age: 33
    Stats: 5'6", 142 lbs
    Posts: 87
    Rep Power: 7
    Jaxta is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaxta is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaxta is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaxta is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaxta is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaxta is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaxta is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaxta is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaxta is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaxta is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaxta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Visit Jaxta's BodySpace
    Jaxta is offline
    Originally Posted by matman1813 View Post
    I'm guessing they just have a bunch of cookie cutter diets saved to the computer and print one out when someone asks. I doubt they are individually tailored to an individuals macro needs.
    deffo... most PT's are basically just sales reps... thinking they actually know/car about your diet/nutrition/training and exercise is like thinking that nice car salesman cares/knows about car mechanics... they just there to sell... they'll do something dead simple like weight x 14 for a rough TDEE and then find a pre-made diet and print it out... they'll have a few stored on that PC of theirs.
    Reply With Quote

  13. #13
    Registered User TennesseeBill's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2013
    Age: 42
    Stats: 5'11", 223 lbs
    Posts: 8
    Rep Power: 0
    TennesseeBill is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit TennesseeBill's BodySpace
    TennesseeBill is offline
    Originally Posted by Jaxta View Post
    deffo... most PT's are basically just sales reps... thinking they actually know/car about your diet/nutrition/training and exercise is like thinking that nice car salesman cares/knows about car mechanics... they just there to sell... they'll do something dead simple like weight x 14 for a rough TDEE and then find a pre-made diet and print it out... they'll have a few stored on that PC of theirs.
    HAHAH ---- I AM a car salesman, have been for 10+ years, and I don't know crap about working on them....LOL.

    In case anybody like me is wanting something, I kept searching and i just found and downloaded Crosstrainer. I was gonna post the link, but I'm a noob and it's not allowed yet.

    Just in the last few minutes of playing with it, I think it is exactly what i was looking for. Have any of you guys used this? Any tips/tricks?
    Reply With Quote

  14. #14
    Registered User Jaxta's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2013
    Age: 33
    Stats: 5'6", 142 lbs
    Posts: 87
    Rep Power: 7
    Jaxta is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaxta is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaxta is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaxta is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaxta is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaxta is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaxta is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaxta is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaxta is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaxta is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaxta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Visit Jaxta's BodySpace
    Jaxta is offline
    Originally Posted by TennesseeBill View Post
    HAHAH ---- I AM a car salesman, have been for 10+ years, and I don't know crap about working on them....LOL.

    In case anybody like me is wanting something, I kept searching and i just found and downloaded Crosstrainer. I was gonna post the link, but I'm a noob and it's not allowed yet.

    Just in the last few minutes of playing with it, I think it is exactly what i was looking for. Have any of you guys used this? Any tips/tricks?
    LOL... i rest my case then

    Post a link... just edit it a little.... eg wwwDOTgoogle.com
    Reply With Quote

  15. #15
    Registered User TennesseeBill's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2013
    Age: 42
    Stats: 5'11", 223 lbs
    Posts: 8
    Rep Power: 0
    TennesseeBill is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit TennesseeBill's BodySpace
    TennesseeBill is offline
    Originally Posted by Jaxta View Post
    LOL... i rest my case then

    Post a link... just edit it a little.... eg wwwDOTgoogle.com
    Hey, been busy using this since I was in here last. I'm still on the trial version, but I am going to buy it. I find it pretty effective and simple way to tweak your macros.

    A couple of times this week I got home to make dinner, and realized I didn't have everything that was charted out on my meal plan. It took me about 5 mins to whip up a couple substitutes and stay right on target!!

    wwwDOTcrosstrainerDOTca

    Enjoy!
    Reply With Quote

  16. #16
    Registered User Jaxta's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2013
    Age: 33
    Stats: 5'6", 142 lbs
    Posts: 87
    Rep Power: 7
    Jaxta is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaxta is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaxta is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaxta is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaxta is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaxta is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaxta is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaxta is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaxta is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaxta is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaxta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Visit Jaxta's BodySpace
    Jaxta is offline
    Originally Posted by TennesseeBill View Post
    Hey, been busy using this since I was in here last. I'm still on the trial version, but I am going to buy it. I find it pretty effective and simple way to tweak your macros.

    A couple of times this week I got home to make dinner, and realized I didn't have everything that was charted out on my meal plan. It took me about 5 mins to whip up a couple substitutes and stay right on target!!

    wwwDOTcrosstrainerDOTca

    Enjoy!
    I use myfitnesspal, as do ALOT of other members for the food counting/planning... its totally free and you can get an app for it too on your phone/tablet.
    Never chase fatigue, chase performance.

    Being powerful is like being a lady, if you have to tell people you are, then you're not !
    Reply With Quote

  17. #17
    Registered User dmacdonal9's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2012
    Location: Halifax, NS, Canada
    Age: 41
    Stats: 5'7", 170 lbs
    Posts: 7,394
    Rep Power: 6310
    dmacdonal9 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dmacdonal9 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dmacdonal9 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dmacdonal9 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dmacdonal9 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dmacdonal9 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dmacdonal9 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dmacdonal9 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dmacdonal9 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dmacdonal9 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dmacdonal9 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit dmacdonal9's BodySpace
    dmacdonal9 is online now
    Originally Posted by TennesseeBill View Post
    Just a simple program that will build a meal plan, and then I can follow it. does one exist?
    It's not the best way to go mate. Foods from some piece of software or a meal plan drawn up by someone else are probably not going to be the foods that you enjoy eating. Trying to comply with a plan laid out that way is not good for long-term success.

    If you are confused about selecting foods that are "healthy", understand that when you're trying to lose fat your focus needs to be on meeting your macro goals while staying with your calorie limit. If you can do that, fat loss will happen, whether the foods you are eating are considered "healthy" or not.

    If you meet your macro goals and stay within your calorie limit, it's actually very difficult to eat "unhealthy" in any significant sense.
    Reply With Quote

Reply

Similar Threads

  1. Favorite Nutrition/Diet Software?
    By anizzle in forum Nutrition
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-17-2013, 11:16 AM
  2. Diet software?
    By chris_abs in forum Teen Bodybuilding
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-13-2008, 05:22 PM
  3. diet software/programs?
    By Cobra008 in forum Nutrition
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-14-2007, 06:41 PM
  4. Diet Software recomendations????
    By Aussie-Battler in forum Workout Programs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-02-2005, 08:33 AM
  5. diet software
    By Little_guy in forum Nutrition
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-05-2005, 08:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Home Store Products Careers Help Contact Us Terms of Use Checkout