Thread: Fasting

Celidion will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celidion will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celidion will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celidion will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celidion will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celidion will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celidion will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celidion will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celidion will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celidion will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celidion will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Fasting

What would the negative consequences be of eating 0 Calories a day for a week or a longer period of time be? If my maintenance is ~2500, then wouldn't I lose ~5 pounds per week? I've heard of starvation mode, but I've also heard that it's just a myth. And if that's really bad for muscle retention, what if I get my bare minimum protein from something very protein dense and low calories (protein shake) and eat nothing else the entire day?

elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Celidion View Post
    What would the negative consequences be of eating 0 Calories a day for a week or a longer period of time be? If my maintenance is ~2500, then wouldn't I lose ~5 pounds per week? I've heard of starvation mode, but I've also heard that it's just a myth. And if that's really bad for muscle retention, what if I get my bare minimum protein from something very protein dense and low calories (protein shake) and eat nothing else the entire day?
    0 calories for a week 7 days , 168 hours... am no doctor but i guessing health problems.... OP why would you do this? are you in a rush for an event ?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=655657063&posted=1#post655657063 = first cut back in 2010

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153696761&p=1064656001#post1064656001 = second cut 2013

Celidion will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celidion will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celidion will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celidion will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celidion will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celidion will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celidion will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celidion will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celidion will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celidion will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celidion will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No, I just want a faster cut.

dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Youd never make it a week anyway.

As to your other idea you might want to read up on a PSMF

Which is pretty much what youre talking about, and has its benefits

Originally Posted by dcmaggio View Post
    Youd never make it a week anyway.

As to your other idea you might want to read up on a PSMF

Which is pretty much what youre talking about, and has its benefits
    I looked it up and was re-directed to the velocity diet on T-Nation which requires you use like 6 different supplements...

buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000)
    I fast for 24 hours once a week. Just throw that in with your regular cutting plan, and that will help create a bigger weekly deficit as well as keep your body from using muscle for fuel if your fast is too long.
    Most Recent Progress Photo thread:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152062853

brb putting down the fork til 10%

Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

If you are really serious you should read the Rapid Fatloss Handbood by Lyle McDonald. A PSMF would allow you to lose the maximum amount of fat while retaining the maximum amount of muscle. Follow it exactly and do not try and modify anything he outlines. Be forewarned, its not fun!
    My Reverse Diet Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153750981&p=1077733831#post1077733831

Originally Posted by Electricheadd View Post
    [/B]

If you are really serious you should read the Rapid Fatloss Handbood by Lyle McDonald. A PSMF would allow you to lose the maximum amount of fat while retaining the maximum amount of muscle. Follow it exactly and do not try and modify anything he outlines. Be forewarned, its not fun!
    I read it over and I've decided I'm going to do 8x 130 Calorie 24g protien shakes a day with water and vegetables throughout, along with fish oil and a multi-vitamin.

Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I read it over and I've decided I'm going to do 8x 130 Calorie 24g protien shakes a day with water and vegetables throughout, along with fish oil and a multi-vitamin.
    I would opt for real food over the shakes, it will be much more satiating and micro nutrition will be a lot better!
    My Reverse Diet Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153750981&p=1077733831#post1077733831

AnotherFatAss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There is this youtube video of a chubby chick doing a fast for 3 months for religious reasons.
    She went form being chubby to being a stick in 3 months, she never reported any health problems besides being extremely tired all the time.

straiders98 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) straiders98 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) straiders98 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) straiders98 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) straiders98 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) straiders98 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) straiders98 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) straiders98 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) straiders98 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) straiders98 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) straiders98 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    5' 8' 158, you're already pretty small, I don't understand the desperate need to cut so fast. Sounds more like anorexia to me.

DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I fasted for seven days straight once in the Nineties. It won't kill you (drink water - dehydration is no joke). It won't do you much good, either. Why don't you just go lift something heavy and eat?
    "It doesn't matter what exercise you do, but man was made to move, to eat sparingly, to work hard and to screw as much as he can manage. Do all that, and you will look as good as your genes will let you, be content as the arseholes around you will allow, and maybe get a few screws. The particular virtues of weight training are in the discipline it brings to both mind and body, and, if you do it right, it will make you look good naked and do well what you got your clothes off to do." Georgeoz