cag123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post What should my goals be?

Hi, my name is Cody. I am 18 and I've been overweight for a long time. I've lost around 50 or so pounds in the last year, but I always feel like I have a LONG way to go. I don't really know what my overall goal is and I know people say you shouldn't set one but take small steps instead, but I don't operate well that way. I'm 6' 3'' tall and I weigh around 220 lbs according to our scale. Going by that and these pictures, what should I look for on a scale as my goal. (I know that weight isn't everything, but please?) lol Thanks.
    Attached Images

HighlyPotent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HighlyPotent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HighlyPotent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HighlyPotent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HighlyPotent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HighlyPotent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HighlyPotent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HighlyPotent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HighlyPotent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HighlyPotent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HighlyPotent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    at the end of your cut: 170

Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by HighlyPotent View Post
    at the end of your cut: 170
    Sounds about right.

V3x will become famous soon enough. (+50) V3x will become famous soon enough. (+50) V3x will become famous soon enough. (+50) V3x will become famous soon enough. (+50) V3x will become famous soon enough. (+50) V3x will become famous soon enough. (+50) V3x will become famous soon enough. (+50) V3x will become famous soon enough. (+50) V3x will become famous soon enough. (+50) V3x will become famous soon enough. (+50) V3x will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your goal should be whatever you want it to be. You're changing your body not for someone else, but for yourself.
    I usually don't operate by the scale, and I use the mirror / weight increase in the gym as progress.

Really? That seems incredibly low! I was thinking around 200 or 195 would be good.

buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by cag123 View Post
    Really? That seems incredibly low! I was thinking around 200 or 195 would be good.
    #7 rule of bodybuilding: Whatever you think your goal weight is going to be, go ahead and subtract 10 more lbs.......then you have your goal weight before you cut it by another 5-15lbs.

So, whatever you think its going to be, its probably another 20 lbs less at least. In your case, I would be aiming for about 170 in the end game. With that being said, you've got several cut/bulk cycles ahead of you.
    Most Recent Progress Photo thread:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152062853

brb putting down the fork til 10%

Originally Posted by buckiaj View Post
    #7 rule of bodybuilding: Whatever you think your goal weight is going to be, go ahead and subtract 10 more lbs.......then you have your goal weight before you cut it by another 5-15lbs.

So, whatever you think its going to be, its probably another 20 lbs less at least. In your case, I would be aiming for about 170 in the end game. With that being said, you've got several cut/bulk cycles ahead of you.
    Yea, I've learned that the hard way. lol

Would that 170 leave me at a thin place, or a somewhat muscly physique?

Also any tips on what to do and how much and when? I'm really new to this and I'm lucky to have left the 50 lbs that I have sort of winging it. I'm getting to the harder part now and I'm a bit lost.

cmrock207 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cmrock207 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cmrock207 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cmrock207 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cmrock207 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cmrock207 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cmrock207 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cmrock207 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cmrock207 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cmrock207 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cmrock207 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    As someone who's also 6'3", 170 does seem really low. That said, judging by where I am, I wouldn't doubt that it's accurate. I've gone from 275 to 213 in the last year and I can tell I still have quite a way to go. Right now I'm aiming for 195 and will re-evaluate as I go. I'm sure that as you start to lose more weight, you'll make all kinds of changes to your goals. Like buckiaj said, you have several bulk/cut cycles ahead of you. After you finish cutting and start bulking, your idea of the body you want may change and you'll get a better idea of what your "goal" weight should be.

Either way, good luck!
    Former nearly-300-lb club.

There is life, and there is death, and the difference between either one is one single breath.

Originally Posted by cmrock207 View Post
    As someone who's also 6'3", 170 does seem really low. That said, judging by where I am, I wouldn't doubt that it's accurate. I've gone from 275 to 213 in the last year and I can tell I still have quite a way to go. Right now I'm aiming for 195 and will re-evaluate as I go. I'm sure that as you start to lose more weight, you'll make all kinds of changes to your goals. Like buckiaj said, you have several bulk/cut cycles ahead of you. After you finish cutting and start bulking, your idea of the body you want may change and you'll get a better idea of what your "goal" weight should be.

Either way, good luck!
    We're coming from roughly the same place. I was around 277 this time last year and managed to get here. I've been telling myself 195 would be perfect, but now I'm doubting it.

It's hard to say what I might want when I get there, but right now I'm really wishing I looked like CM Punk, the wrestler. He's around 6'2'' and 215 lbs, according to his stats online. I'm not sure if I believe it though, he's not the most muscular guy...