Farrajay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

5x5 Strong Lift for Weight Loss?

Hey Guys,

Not too sure if many of you have had much experience doing this but I'm currently 180CM & weigh ~120Kg. I've decided to do a Caloric Deficit and am considering different weight lifting programs. I have heard a lot about the Strong Lift 5x5 Program and am curious as to whether or not this will assist with the weight loss whilst still being able to build strength / muscle. I'd appreciate any input or ideas from anyone who has undertaken a similar approach to weight loss. Any other tips appreciated as well.

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No idea what a cm or kg is but fat loss will come from calorie deficit and meeting your macros while lifting, lifting is just to preserve strength. If you are a beginner you can build a small amount of muscle and decent strength but other than that, you cant. SL is a good program, especially for a beginner lifter.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

Farrajay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Serpentarius View Post
    No idea what a cm or kg is but fat loss will come from calorie deficit and meeting your macros while lifting, lifting is just to preserve strength. If you are a beginner you can build a small amount of muscle and decent strength but other than that, you cant. SL is a good program, especially for a beginner lifter.
    Sorry about the Metrics, so it's roughly 6' & 260 pounds. I went on a Ketogenic diet last year and lost about 45 pounds over 3 months without exercise, unfortunately the bulk of the weight has come back since on so I'm looking to get down to around 210 pounds. I would definitely classify my self as a novice lifter so the simplicity of the 5x5 appeals to me as well.

packattack87 is just really nice. (+1000) packattack87 is just really nice. (+1000) packattack87 is just really nice. (+1000) packattack87 is just really nice. (+1000) packattack87 is just really nice. (+1000) packattack87 is just really nice. (+1000) packattack87 is just really nice. (+1000) packattack87 is just really nice. (+1000) packattack87 is just really nice. (+1000) packattack87 is just really nice. (+1000) packattack87 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Serpentarius View Post
    listen to this guy.