PauliusG is on a distinguished road. (+10) PauliusG is on a distinguished road. (+10) PauliusG is on a distinguished road. (+10) PauliusG is on a distinguished road. (+10) PauliusG is on a distinguished road. (+10) PauliusG is on a distinguished road. (+10) PauliusG is on a distinguished road. (+10) PauliusG is on a distinguished road. (+10) PauliusG is on a distinguished road. (+10) PauliusG is on a distinguished road. (+10) PauliusG is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Not sure what to think

Well, I was browsing the web for information for amateurs about protein shakes and here's what I found (talking about protein shakes):

uk.answers. yahoo . com/question/index?qid=20110503103335AAiJyCq
    ___
    Yes, I know it's a ****ty site to get any form of credible information but bear with me.

Some of the cited sources have no back up to it, apart for the NCBI.

Anyone care to shed some light on me because I'm a little confused.

P.S. links don't work - 50 post restriction, added a space after the dots.

BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by PauliusG View Post
    Well, I was browsing the web for information for amateurs about protein shakes and here's what I found (talking about protein shakes):

uk.answers. yahoo . com/question/index?qid=20110503103335AAiJyCq
    ___
    Yes, I know it's a ****ty site to get any form of credible information but bear with me.

Some of the cited sources have no back up to it, apart for the NCBI.

Anyone care to shed some light on me because I'm a little confused.

P.S. links don't work - 50 post restriction, added a space after the dots.
    What is your question? Protein powder is not magic fairy dust. If you can meet your daily protein requirement through whole foods, you don't need protein powder. Protein powder is more of a matter of convenience than anything else, because it helps you get what you need on a daily basis. It doesn't actually do anything other than provide your body with high quality protein in a tasty, low calorie, convenient form. The only disadvantage to consuming milk instead of protein powder, as suggested, is that it's a lot of additional calories.

PauliusG is on a distinguished road. (+10) PauliusG is on a distinguished road. (+10) PauliusG is on a distinguished road. (+10) PauliusG is on a distinguished road. (+10) PauliusG is on a distinguished road. (+10) PauliusG is on a distinguished road. (+10) PauliusG is on a distinguished road. (+10) PauliusG is on a distinguished road. (+10) PauliusG is on a distinguished road. (+10) PauliusG is on a distinguished road. (+10) PauliusG is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BetterThanLife View Post
    What is your question? Protein powder is not magic fairy dust. If you can meet your daily protein requirement through whole foods, you don't need protein powder. Protein powder is more of a matter of convenience than anything else, because it helps you get what you need on a daily basis. It doesn't actually do anything other than provide your body with high quality protein in a tasty, low calorie, convenient form. The only disadvantage to consuming milk instead of protein powder, as suggested, is that it's a lot of additional calories.
    I think it goes down to the basics, whether I do need it and how much do I actually need it, what's the correct formula for grams per kilogram of weight and how much does the body actually absorb, because one institute claims it's 0,5-1 gram per kilogram, others claim it's 1,5-2 grams per kilogram, then the third claims that in order to gain maximum synthesis you only require 20 grams of protein per meal. How much of the protein I eat gets actually absorbed and whether using shakes makes my body absorb protein better or not.

Danes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Danes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Danes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Danes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Danes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Danes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Danes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Danes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Danes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Danes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Danes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BetterThanLife View Post
    very good answer.

there is no need to take shakes if you get enough protein from food.i dont use shakes because i get 300 gram protein from food .
    100% natural and proud of it! (No PH's,DS's,AAS, etc.)

From 135 lbs to 227 lbs (naturaly and with severe obstructive sleep apnea)
    Even with poor sleep you can gain thanks to quality food and good workout plan