Tinyblu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tinyblu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tinyblu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tinyblu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tinyblu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tinyblu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tinyblu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tinyblu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tinyblu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tinyblu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tinyblu will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Back On the Wagon

...So yesterday was day one back on the wagon for me. I can't believe how I look now...GROSS!!!

125 isn't heavy, but it's amazing how much of a difference body fat makes. I decided to start "light" since it's been a while since I worked out. A year of comfort eating has really put me behind the eight ball. Anywho... I did a 20 minute "HIIT" session yesterday. I really don't think it was so much HIIT because I was hardly winded. I started off doing a 15 sec / 60 sec ratio on the treadmill with a 7 / 4 split, but it wasn't really that difficult. By the middle of it, I was up to a 30 / 60 split and ended the session with a 60 second "fast trot" at 7 mph.

I'm thinking that I should probably either increase the incline or the speed when I try HIIT again. I'm feeling a little twinge in my knee today, so maybe I will do the bike on my next session. Today is lifting day. I am going back to the NROL4W regimen to get myself back in shape. I have to keep reminding myself not to overdo it. I am notorious for trying to do too much too fast and overtraining.

As for the diet (sigh). I did... OK. I decided to try something like the "Spike Diet" because I have a feeling I am going to miss some of the foods I have been eating over the last year. My concern is that the caloric intake levels are too low. According to the book, I should be eating my BMR calories on lifting days (roughly about 1350) then at a 500 calorie deficit on days that I do cardio (that would be 850...WAY too low--so it suggests eating at least 1200 calories a day and exercising off the rest... that's a LOT of cardio). The only thing I do like is the day of eating whatever I want up to double my BMR which would put me at about 2,700 calories a day... One of my home cooked southern meals could easily knock that out. I dunno... I think I am going to get advice from other forums on best practices. I may have to contend with the fact that my fried chicken and pound cake days are over...

Yesterday's caloric total: 1,210 (acutally 1,010 after the 200 calories burned during HIIT)

My sweet tooth got me though... CURSES to the girl scout cookies (three do-si-dos were only 160 calories).