Thread: Lean body

BeccaFitnFast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Lean body

Hi,
    What is the best way to gain muscle and lose body fat?
    I use to run 6kms 3-4 times a day plus do some lighter weight training and never reached my goals. I've read that cardio can have the reverse affect on fat loss.
    What is the best way to lean out and gain muscle?
    Heavy or light weights or both? And interval training? Or moderate intensity cardio?
    I know diet is important and I can be really good with it. I've been really disheartened due to injuries and failin to reach my goals when I do train lots of cardio etc. I'm keen to get back on track but want to make sure I am doing it right. Thanx

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Muscle gains, eating in a calorie surplus and lifting heavy.
    Fat loss, eating in a calorie deficit and lifting heavy.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    Perfection.

Nutritionally, they require 2 entirely different things. Weights should always be consistent. So, you need to choose - do you want to build muscle, or do you want to lose some body fat?

Also, cardio - excessive = bad, and from the looks of it, you're doing way too much. It will eat at any muscle that you do have and you'll never be able to make mass gains while doing that much.

CoderGirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoderGirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoderGirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoderGirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoderGirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoderGirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoderGirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoderGirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoderGirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoderGirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) CoderGirl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    I am so glad this is the first post!

If you are on a calorie surplus you have extra energy to make gains. You'll gain muscle AND fat. Strength training will help you increase LBM.

If you are on a calorie deficit you can only lose what you have, not gain it. You will lose muscle AND fat. Fat isn't a shape shifter, it doesn't morph into muscles when it stops feeling lazy. However, getting a sufficient amount of protein in your diet and strength training both helps you retain your LBM.
    while(lifting){lift++;lift--;}