Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    looking thick,solid,tight Newmanzz's Avatar
    Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Form is the most important thing in all aspects of lifting, powerlifting, bodybuilding and olympic weightlifting

Never sacrifice it
    The journey to 4, 6, 7

WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Newmanzz View Post
    Form is the most important thing in all aspects of lifting, powerlifting, bodybuilding and olympic weightlifting

Never sacrifice it
    Thanks, mate. I sure won't!
    "Quit being a lil' bish!" - Ogus

+ My ICF 5x5 Training Journal of Redemption: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162644911

+ Instagram: @WatsonS90

Registered User KrazyEyezKillah's Avatar
    KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Wut is going on in this thread.
    First off your routine is not good. Aim to hit each muscle roughly twice a week. Arms dont need their own day.
    Do push/pull/legs/rest/repeat or chest/arms, legs, back/shoulders, rest, repeat.
    As far as the weight thing goes: obviously do not sacrifice form for weight at all IF it is an exercise where you could really hurt yourself doing so. HOWEVER, unlike most people on here, I don't see the problem if adding a very small swing on say bicep curls, or sacrificing form slightly on something like lateral raises helps you get up more weight. Thats not to say you should let your form go to sht, but the expectation that every rep of every set of every exercise has to be done with perfect form is absurd.
    Keep your rows, deads, presses, benching, squats, and other very heavy lifts in good form. Experiment with lighter lifts. Find what works for you. Ie: my shoulders and traps fukin exploded when I started swinging on my upright rows. In turn, my strict upright row weight also went up a ton.
    Bench Press - 225x18 // 275x8 // 330x1
    Squat - 385x7 // 445x1
    Overhead Press - 135x20 // 225x1
    Deadlift - 385x11

Bodyweight OHP for reps!

★★ Buddhist Crew★★
    "How is it possible that a being with such sensitive jewels as the eyes, such enchanted musical instruments as the ears, and such fabulous arabesque of nerves as the brain can experience itself as anything less than a god?" - A.W.

WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by KrazyEyezKillah View Post
    Wut is going on in this thread.
    First off your routine is not good. Aim to hit each muscle roughly twice a week. Arms dont need their own day.
    Do push/pull/legs/rest/repeat or chest/arms, legs, back/shoulders, rest, repeat.
    As far as the weight thing goes: obviously do not sacrifice form for weight at all IF it is an exercise where you could really hurt yourself doing so. HOWEVER, unlike most people on here, I don't see the problem if adding a very small swing on say bicep curls, or sacrificing form slightly on something like lateral raises helps you get up more weight. Thats not to say you should let your form go to sht, but the expectation that every rep of every set of every exercise has to be done with perfect form is absurd.
    Keep your rows, deads, presses, benching, squats, and other very heavy lifts in good form. Experiment with lighter lifts. Find what works for you. Ie: my shoulders and traps fukin exploded when I started swinging on my upright rows. In turn, my strict upright row weight also went up a ton.
    Cheers man, I've heard that hitting the muscle group 2x a week is better plus it will also make my body get used to recovering quicker, right?

Push
    Pull
    Legs
    Rest
    Repeat

This sounds like a good routine to follow, i'll see if i can come up with some exercises to do for each category.

Thanks.
    "Quit being a lil' bish!" - Ogus

+ My ICF 5x5 Training Journal of Redemption: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162644911

+ Instagram: @WatsonS90

longest name on teh misc SammmyChannnnnn's Avatar
    SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000) SammmyChannnnnn is just really nice. (+1000)

Talking

Originally Posted by winsthon8 View Post
    To each their own. I followed this routine and you can tell from my progress photos it worked. (Note I did this for a year and each time I worked out I gave 120%). In my humble opinion I believe beginners shouldn't have high frequency training because since they are new to the whole lifting thing, their bodies will need to get adjusted to getting beat up all of the time. I've been lifting for 15 months and I'm only working out 4 days a week and I'm seeing great gains.

Just see what works best for you OP, don't go sprinting in a marathon. Take your time and get your pace right.
    To each their own, agreed. Just my opinion. Generally, most beginners would benefit from a higher frequency because they can recover faster. Yes you made progress, I won't doubt that. Beginners make progress on just about ANY program. But it doesn't mean you couldn't have gotten better results with a higher frequency routine.

Having said that, if it works for you, ignore what I have said. But then again I stress that most beginners should be on a higher frequency routine.

petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    To each their own. I followed this routine and you can tell from my progress photos it worked. (Note I did this for a year and each time I worked out I gave 120%). In my humble opinion I believe beginners shouldn't have high frequency training because since they are new to the whole lifting thing, their bodies will need to get adjusted to getting beat up all of the time. I've been lifting for 15 months and I'm only working out 4 days a week and I'm seeing great gains.

Just see what works best for you OP, don't go sprinting in a marathon. Take your time and get your pace right.
    6'0 174 pounds after 15 months and you are offering yourself an an example to prove bro splits are the best?

Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Why not go for both heavy weight and good form? If you have to cheat, dont do it.
    @PreChewz Sponsored Athlete. The Best Chewable Pre-workout!

DarkFoxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkFoxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkFoxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkFoxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkFoxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkFoxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkFoxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkFoxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkFoxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkFoxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkFoxx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    maybe try this:

Mon: Chest/arms
    Tue: Legs/Back
    Wed: Shoulders/abs
    Thur: Arms/Chest
    Fri: Back/Legs/abs

first body group of the day is rep goal based for higher reps and the 2nd is lower reps for strength gains. This way you'd get muscle endurance and strength in each muscle during the week. I do something like this and track the high rep progress only for simplicity. Lifting only heavy is hard on the joints and connective tissue and lifting only high reps will have much slower strength gains so don't be afraid to do both in your training. You should also include ab training somewhere in there or risk developing an anterior pelvic tilt when your lifts start getting heavy.

TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There is nothign wrong with sacrificing a bit of form to get some heavier weight.
    Depending on the lift of course.

Squat, DL, Bench etc you don't wanna sacrifice form too much.

Curls, Rows, Pulls, Lat Raises etc a bit of form degeneration on heavier sets is a good thing.
    There's a reason all the biggest guys have "crappy" form, and often swing etc to get more weight on working sets.
    And you're not gonna get huge by staying in a 100% fixed range of motion with every exercise, contrary to what most people will tell you (especially PTs lol).

But the most important thing when doing this is not to risk injury. If your form is bad to the point where you might hurt yourself, you're doing it wrong.

agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    There is nothign wrong with sacrificing a bit of form to get some heavier weight.
    Depending on the lift of course.

Squat, DL, Bench etc you don't wanna sacrifice form too much.

Curls, Rows, Pulls, Lat Raises etc a bit of form degeneration on heavier sets is a good thing.
    There's a reason all the biggest guys have "crappy" form, and often swing etc to get more weight on working sets.
    And you're not gonna get huge by staying in a 100% fixed range of motion with every exercise, contrary to what most people will tell you (especially PTs lol).

But the most important thing when doing this is not to risk injury. If your form is bad to the point where you might hurt yourself, you're doing it wrong.
    Maybe on curls and some pulling movements like low cable rows but most movements should be done with very strict form; specifically movements like lateral raises. It's so easy for other muscle groups to come into play. On Pulldowns I have to use very strict form and do maybe 190 really focusing on the contraction versus what I can do which is like 240x10 with good form but it doesn't emphasize my lats as much. Since I've focused on keeping tension on the muscle just slightly slowing down tempo and really focusing on the contraction so I still near failure I've been noticing a big difference not just in isolation movements but in my overall strength on compounds. Just my $.02

TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by agrier9 View Post
    Maybe on curls and some pulling movements like low cable rows but most movements should be done with very strict form; specifically movements like lateral raises. It's so easy for other muscle groups to come into play. On Pulldowns I have to use very strict form and do maybe 190 really focusing on the contraction versus what I can do which is like 240x10 with good form but it doesn't emphasize my lats as much. Since I've focused on keeping tension on the muscle just slightly slowing down tempo and really focusing on the contraction so I still near failure I've been noticing a big difference not just in isolation movements but in my overall strength on compounds. Just my $.02
    That's an individual example, and if that works for you, great.
    But different things work for different people, and personally i've seen better gains in delts since doing a few heavier sets of Lat Raises with questionable form, on top of lighter weight sets with strict form

timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Newmanzz View Post

Never sacrifice it
    And yet some of the best powerlifters in the world have said that its not a true 1rm if you have perfect form
    "The guy who works harder than anyone else will always have an advantage over the science geek who worries about and plans his training to the T." - fred hatfield (dr.squat)

goonsquadforums.com

agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    That's an individual example, and if that works for you, great.
    But different things work for different people, and personally i've seen better gains in delts since doing a few heavier sets of Lat Raises with questionable form, on top of lighter weight sets with strict form
    While that's true; the overwhelmingly large majority of people except for maybe you are going to see better benefits from strict form on lateral raises. Cheating on an exercise that is heavily reliant on removing the front delt from the equation and very little swaying/rocking isn't going to give better benefits than strict form for again the overwhelming majority of people.

While that's true; the overwhelmingly large majority of people except for maybe you are going to see better benefits from strict form on lateral raises. Cheating on an exercise that is heavily reliant on removing the front delt from the equation and very little swaying/rocking isn't going to give better benefits than strict form for again the overwhelming majority of people.
    All assumptions

blu51994 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blu51994 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blu51994 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blu51994 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blu51994 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blu51994 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blu51994 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blu51994 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blu51994 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blu51994 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blu51994 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you have to sacrifice your form to lift the weight, then you're lifting too heavy. Form>Weight at all times.
    Also why are you working out like you're a professional bodybuilder?

You're a beginner, working out 3 days a week will be plenty. Follow a monday/wednesday/friday split

M-chest/tris
    W-legs/abs
    F-back/bis

That's the routine I followed and it worked wonders for me.

Remember, you build muscle during rest, not when you're constantly destroying them every 2 days.
    no shoulders?

All assumptions
    I'm inclined to think more people would agree with my statement than yours.

I'm inclined to think more people would agree with my statement than yours.
    To be honest i think you are right

Primarily due to the brainwashing through Muscle magazines, personal training, fad diets etc etc, public knowledge on fitness and nutrition is so bad it's not even funny

To be honest i think you are right

Primarily due to the brainwashing through Muscle magazines, personal training, fad diets etc etc, public knowledge on fitness and nutrition is so bad it's not even funny
    Meh I got my supporting argument and reasons for strict form from Ian McCarthy so notsureifsrs.

Meh I got my supporting argument and reasons for strict form from Ian McCarthy so notsureifsrs.
    not sure if trolling, but if not, good for you

not sure if trolling, but if not, good for you
    not trolling but you're a *******/10 it's ok if you're mad bro.

not trolling but you're a *******/10 it's ok if you're mad bro.

sometimes i wonder if we even speak the same language

i have no idea what you are saying

Luwbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwbz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Bears4Ever View Post
    So I'm in the gym for 2 hours on my bi/tri/forearm day and thats not taking it seriously?
    were you the kid in my gym with 12 inch arms that spent 45mins on biceps alone this morning and als spotted me on my warm up set without me asking and i ended up doing 20+ reps cos he did all the work?

in4 rebuttal

Bears4Ever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bears4Ever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bears4Ever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bears4Ever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bears4Ever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bears4Ever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bears4Ever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bears4Ever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bears4Ever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bears4Ever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bears4Ever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Luwbz View Post
    were you the kid in my gym with 12 inch arms that spent 45mins on biceps alone this morning and als spotted me on my warm up set without me asking and i ended up doing 20+ reps cos he did all the work?
    It's funny how with my routine I've gotten stronger and bigger in a month and a half than any of you wannabe kissass *******s will be in a year, phuckoff and know what you're talkin about before you troll on people #b!itch
    Bears * Blackhawks * Bulls * White Sox

Bears4Ever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bears4Ever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bears4Ever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bears4Ever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bears4Ever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bears4Ever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bears4Ever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bears4Ever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bears4Ever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bears4Ever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bears4Ever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ShortBrah3030 View Post
    lol

Omg
    ^^^^ fat phucking midget
    Bears * Blackhawks * Bulls * White Sox

Originally Posted by Bears4Ever View Post
    It's funny how with my routine I've gotten stronger and bigger in a month and a half than any of you wannabe kissass *******s will be in a year, phuckoff and know what you're talkin about before you troll on people #b!itch

I'm cultivating mass SPARTAAAAA's Avatar
    SPARTAAAAA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPARTAAAAA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPARTAAAAA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPARTAAAAA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPARTAAAAA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPARTAAAAA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPARTAAAAA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPARTAAAAA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPARTAAAAA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPARTAAAAA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPARTAAAAA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Some ego is good. To much will get u injured.

Arnold used to cheat curl.

But yeah as a natural its mainly form > weigh.

in4 rebuttal
    bro you've already turned the conversation into a spastic with no argument making himself look like an idiot

I have no intention of reciprocating and making it 2 such spastics