Thread: New guy

Registered User IamfatIandIsuck's Avatar
    IamfatIandIsuck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IamfatIandIsuck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IamfatIandIsuck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IamfatIandIsuck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IamfatIandIsuck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IamfatIandIsuck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IamfatIandIsuck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New guy

Hello,

I have over the past few months started working out with a PT. This is going well, I am working out with her 3 days a week, and running on 3 other days a week about 3.5 miles. I used to be heavy and I am having a really hard time losing weight in my hips and stomach. I am 31 years old, Male 6'3 195 lbs. I used to be darn near 300 lbs. but that was a very long time ago. I'd like to try to build muscle and cut my fat, but its brutal trying to lose the hips and gut. I eat a very high protein diet chicken, steak, some whey protein shakes after weight training.

Any advice? Any supplements I should look into? I am getting real down in the dumps about my lack of progress with running and working with my PT.

I do not like veggies or fruit so recently bought a juicer and am I drinking my veggies and fruits that way. I'm not a quitter I've been working hard for 8 months now and just not progressing the way I'd like.

I just do not know what I should do anymore.

Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Belly fat is usually the last place you lose fat, so you will just have to continue dieting until it goes away. Give these links a read:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=129247741
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=133163973

IamfatIandIsuck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IamfatIandIsuck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IamfatIandIsuck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IamfatIandIsuck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IamfatIandIsuck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IamfatIandIsuck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IamfatIandIsuck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Forgot to mention, I am at about 20-20.5% body fat. If that matters.

Azara1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Azara1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Azara1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Azara1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Azara1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Azara1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Azara1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Azara1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Azara1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Azara1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Azara1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    To lose weight you need a calorie deficit. To put it simply, your body burns a certain amount of calories doing basic tasks such walking, breathing, eating etc.
    Eating less than what your body burns = weight loss

Look up MyFitnessPal, its a free app that you can use to track how many calories you are eating and how many calories you should be getting daily to reach your weight goals.
    Last edited by Azara1; 06-23-2013 at 12:21 PM.

Originally Posted by Azara1 View Post
    To lose weight you need a calorie deficit. To put it simply, your body burns a certain amount of calories doing basic tasks such walking, breathing, eating etc.
    Eating less than what your body burns = weight loss

Look up MyFitnessPal, its a free app that you can use to track how many calories you are eating and how many calories you should be getting daily to reach your weight goals.
    I will do that. Is there anything specifically I can do to make my hips and gut get smaller?

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by IamfatIandIsuck View Post
    I will do that. Is there anything specifically I can do to make my hips and gut get smaller?
    Nope, you just need to lose fat, and that's done by taking in fewer calories than you burn. All the cardio in the world will do absolutely nothing if you're eating too much.

Originally Posted by dmacdonal9 View Post
    Nope, you just need to lose fat, and that's done by taking in fewer calories than you burn. All the cardio in the world will do absolutely nothing if you're eating too much.
    Just downloaded that app. The problem I see is that it doesn't have all the foods I eat available. I eat a chicken/steak combo meal but there is no way to key that in unless I am missing something. The other issue is while I certainly want to lose fat, I still want to build muscle.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just downloaded that app. The problem I see is that it doesn't have all the foods I eat available. I eat a chicken/steak combo meal but there is no way to key that in unless I am missing something. The other issue is while I certainly want to lose fat, I still want to build muscle.
    You can add custom foods under "my foods". There are also meals and recipes you can define.

If you're new to lifting, you will make some modest gains while cutting, with adequate macros and good training.

Originally Posted by dmacdonal9 View Post
    You can add custom foods under "my foods". There are also meals and recipes you can define.

If you're new to lifting, you will make some modest gains while cutting, with adequate macros and good training.
    Very new to lifting.

Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Lmao
    Whats up with that username, man? I hope you're just messing around. No need to beat yourself down. We all had to start somewhere. You're in good hands at bb.com. Lol

Like they said, go into a calorie deficit. Learn about macro nutrients and tdee. Valor gave you 2 links that'll answer most of your questions and give you a foundation to build the body you want. As far as building muscle goes, grab a beginner's strength training routine and go at it. Just make sure your diet is good if you want to make optimal gains. And make sure not to lose the weight too fast. You could end up all flabby looking and what not and it could cause you to lose more muscle, even with the strength training.

Originally Posted by Complex89 View Post
    Lmao
    Whats up with that username, man? I hope you're just messing around. No need to beat yourself down. We all had to start somewhere. You're in good hands at bb.com. Lol

Like they said, go into a calorie deficit. Learn about macro nutrients and tdee. Valor gave you 2 links that'll answer most of your questions and give you a foundation to build the body you want. As far as building muscle goes, grab a beginner's strength training routine and go at it. Just make sure your diet is good if you want to make optimal gains. And make sure not to lose the weight too fast. You could end up all flabby looking and what not and it could cause you to lose more muscle, even with the strength training.
    Thanks. I took the name because I am aggravated and need motivation. I am trying my best to understand those two links, but I'm not that familiar with it all so doing my best to understand.

ok forgive my stupidity, what does this line mean?

Eat 1g protein / lb lean body mass.

Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Here:

Q: How do I determine my lean body mass for calculating my protein intake?
    A: You have to take your total body weight and subtract your fat weight. If you e.g. weigh 200lbs and your bodyfat is 20% (=40lbs), your lean body mass is 200lbs - 40lbs = 160lbs. If you don't know your bodyfat, just take a guess. When in doubt, just eat a little more. However, if for some reason, you can't eat as much protein, just eat a little less, most people will still do fine.

Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Lol. No problem, dude. Always down to help.

1g of protein for every pound of you that isn't fat. Valor broke it down for you. But generally speaking, the popular consensus is that you get in 1g of protein for every pound you weigh. So if you weigh 200 lbs, get 200g of protein in.

An easy way to find your TDEE/TEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) is to use one of the online calculators. They'll do the math for you. But regardless of how you find your tdee, its going to be an "estimate". So you're gonna wanna watch your weight carefully to see if your tdee needs to be adjusted.

Macro nutrients will be your calories, protein, carbs, and fats. We already know that your protein intake will be 1g per pound you weigh. You're gonna want your fat intake to be at least 20 to 30% of your caloric intake. Stay away from trans fats, though. After that, you can eat the rest in carbs if you want (or fats and protein. Whatever your preference). Avoid eating too many sugary carbs, though.

Currensy420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Currensy420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Currensy420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Currensy420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Currensy420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Currensy420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Currensy420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Currensy420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Currensy420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Currensy420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Currensy420 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Do you count calories? if not then that is why you aren't seeing any progress. Also, read the stickies!