Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Estimated time scale on dropping body fat. help?

I just need an idea based on what others might have experienced,
    I have used calipers to measure my body fat and it gives me a reading of 20.50% using the Jackson Pollock 7 point measurement method, my electronic scales gave me a reading of 24.1%, which I don’t believe, and my weight is 142lb.
    I am on the second cycle, week 2 of the All pro beginners routine.
    I have been using fitness pal to track my calories and have a deficit of around 200 calories a day, losing about a pound a week.
    My goal is to get to 15%, want to see a bit of abs!
    How long would you estimate it will take to get to that figure (Another 5 % drop) based on this information?
    I understand that it is impossible to give an exact time scale, that is why I say 'estimate', so go easy on the sarcastic replies please!

MikeDavidL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDavidL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDavidL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDavidL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDavidL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDavidL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDavidL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDavidL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDavidL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDavidL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDavidL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Highlander2012 View Post
    I have used calipers to measure my body fat and it gives me a reading of 20.50% using the Jackson Pollock 7 point measurement method, my electronic scales gave me a reading of 24.1%, which I don’t believe, and my weight is 142lb.
    I have been using fitness pal to track my calories and have a deficit of around 200 calories a day, losing about a pound a week.
    How long would you estimate it will take to get to that figure (Another 5 % drop) based on this information?
    I understand that it is impossible to give an exact time scale, that is why I say 'estimate', so go easy on the sarcastic replies please!
    Firstly, if you're losing a pound a week your calorie deficit is larger than 200 calories. You may have a 200 calorie deficit according to your calculated TDEE, but your actual TDEE is higher than this. Just so you're aware.

Secondly, as you guessed, time frame estimates for body fat loss are very rough. There are too many factors that come into play when losing fat, so here is rough way to calculate your ETA on your own.

You need to calculate roughly how much body weight you need to lose to get down to your desired body fat %. In your case that would be about 17-20 lbs depending on water weight, and a slight loss of muscle (target weight of 125lbs). If you're losing a pound a week that's about 17-20 weeks. If you increase your deficit (and therefore speed of weight loss, not recommended in your case) then this would go faster.

All the best!
    "Eternal Life is living for others." -William Branham

All things are possible, only believe.

No Fap Crew

Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MikeDavidL View Post
    Firstly, if you're losing a pound a week your calorie deficit is larger than 200 calories. You may have a 200 calorie deficit according to your calculated TDEE, but your actual TDEE is higher than this. Just so you're aware.

Secondly, as you guessed, time frame estimates for body fat loss are very rough. There are too many factors that come into play when losing fat, so here is rough way to calculate your ETA on your own.

You need to calculate roughly how much body weight you need to lose to get down to your desired body fat %. In your case that would be about 17-20 lbs depending on water weight, and a slight loss of muscle (target weight of 125lbs). If you're losing a pound a week that's about 17-20 weeks. If you increase your deficit (and therefore speed of weight loss, not recommended in your case) then this would go faster.

All the best!
    Thanks, I don't want to speed up the weight loss, 20 weeks doesn't sound too long, although I think getting to 125lbs seems a tad light! I will float away!

MikeDavidL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDavidL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDavidL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDavidL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDavidL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDavidL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDavidL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDavidL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDavidL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDavidL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDavidL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Indeed, it is very light. Have you thought of possibly bulking first? Putting on some lean body mass before you start cutting is always the better option. You'll end up being able to cut the fat easier, due to a sturdier metabolism and you won't look like a twig when you're finished.
    "Eternal Life is living for others." -William Branham

All things are possible, only believe.

No Fap Crew

Originally Posted by MikeDavidL View Post
    Indeed, it is very light. Have you thought of possibly bulking first? Putting on some lean body mass before you start cutting is always the better option. You'll end up being able to cut the fat easier, due to a sturdier metabolism and you won't look like a twig when you're finished.
    Ha ha! I know, I started to bulk for about three months, but I went about it the wrong way, uncontrolled, ate all the wrong things too, and in the process put a lot of body fat on.
    From previous comments, I have read that it is better to start with a clean slate, get rid of the excess body fat and then a slow controlled clean bulk, this is what I am aiming for, if that makes sense.

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It depends on muscle losses. 6-8 weeks is probably relatively reasonable losing a pound a week. At some point though you will be light enough that even if you don't caliper at 15%, it will be time to reverse to a small surplus and add muscle for a while.

Skeleton look not rewarding for lower muscle mass people. I know, I tried it in 2011. You could just set a lowest weight plan, like 5 or 8 pounds from here and then move toward gaining more muscle.

Just saying, beware of trying too hard to get a certain look in mirror, just by dieting.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Originally Posted by EjnarKolinkar View Post
    It depends on muscle losses. 6-8 weeks is probably relatively reasonable losing a pound a week. At some point though you will be light enough that even if you don't caliper at 15%, it will be time to reverse to a small surplus and add muscle for a while.

Skeleton look not rewarding for lower muscle mass people. I know, I tried it in 2011. You could just set a lowest weight plan, like 5 or 8 pounds from here and then move toward gaining more muscle.

Just saying, beware of trying too hard to get a certain look in mirror, just by dieting.
    yeah, that's my biggest fear, I don't want to be a skeleton! I think the minimum I would go to will be about 130-135lb, don't know what my body fat will be at that level. with the training which is the all pro routine, this increases all the weights every 5 weeks by 10%, so that should top up the muscle.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    At 142 pounds, you're not a candidate for a bodybuilding 'cut.' You'd do well to work instead to add 20-25 pounds of muscle to your frame, and then maybe think about cutting.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733