MrDink is just really nice. (+1000) MrDink is just really nice. (+1000) MrDink is just really nice. (+1000) MrDink is just really nice. (+1000) MrDink is just really nice. (+1000) MrDink is just really nice. (+1000) MrDink is just really nice. (+1000) MrDink is just really nice. (+1000) MrDink is just really nice. (+1000) MrDink is just really nice. (+1000) MrDink is just really nice. (+1000)

Has anyone gotten a good physique from Starting Strength?

I am anorexic after lifting for 6 yrs and am trying to gain weight back slowly after I bulked to 220 from 145 then cut back down to where I'm at now. I'd like to do starting strength but am terrified of destroying my physique.

RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I followed IW's log for the six month's he ran it. Very well done log. He gained about 60 lbs. The link below goes to second phase of his training. He links his starting strength log and his before and after pics in the first post.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...light=ironwake

These guys did pretty well too:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=127544663

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=134256491

However, if aesthetics are your primary goal, Jason DB's 5x5, All-Pro's or a 4-day upper/lower split might be preferable.

FromSquare1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FromSquare1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FromSquare1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FromSquare1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FromSquare1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FromSquare1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FromSquare1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FromSquare1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FromSquare1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FromSquare1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FromSquare1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Depends on what you class as a good physique. I got a bigger back when I did it, and bigger chest and massive legs. I didn't stay at 10% bodyfat or anything, but fat is easy to loose. I went up to like 16% but now am at the weight I want to be so just maintain while training and am leaning out.
    Squats, Squats, Squats,
    Squats squats
    Squats, Squats, Squats,
    Squats squats,
    Errybody
    If you aint doin squats get the F out the club.
    If you aint gettin quads get the F out the club.

DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Starting Strength has given me the body type I'm looking for, but it's not exactly the aesthetically pleasing model look many here are going for. More the big and strong type.

If you are looking strictly for looks, there are plenty of better options like the Novice 5x5.

musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by MrDink View Post
    I am anorexic after lifting for 6 yrs and am trying to gain weight back slowly after I bulked to 220 from 145 then cut back down to where I'm at now. I'd like to do starting strength but am terrified of destroying my physique.
    Gaining 75 pounds only to cut 75 pounds and end up where you started will not get you any closer to your goal. I would fix this problem and worry less about the routine.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    SS will improve your physique but is not the single step required to reach most people's ultimate targets.

To meet it's ambitious progression schedule, you have to eat a lot and not worry about some fat gain.

You could also consider a program with slower progression and more aesthetics oriented focus: all pros simple beginners routine. You still need to eat at a surplus but it's less easy to fall off the back.