Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Poppin Rolaids like Candy PillClinton's Avatar
    PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000)

O/T IIFYM Hodgetwins

Since there is all this silliness over the "right" way, I thought it'd be nice to have some humor in there too

skip to 2:30 if you want to skip some funny intro and get to the "meat" of what they are talking about

RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There's a video about Evan saying something on how your body is composed, he was talking about IFFYM, can't find the video.
    Anyway, I stand by Evan's point of view.

TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    actually hit the nail on the head

PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by RoroCwalker View Post
    There's a video about Evan saying something on how your body is composed, he was talking about IFFYM, can't find the video.
    Anyway, I stand by Evan's point of view.
    find it man, post it here. i wanna check it out

Originally Posted by TTimmerman View Post
    actually hit the nail on the head
    agreed.

If I am leaning out, i can't see how eating Ice Cream or any junk food would be smart.... Junk food is so unfilling that I would just be hungry in an hour or two + i would have blown my macros.

I can literally eat around 1800 calories and still maintain 175 pounds (with a decent amount of fat).... so... a few big macs and I'm screwed... and hungry

RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PillClinton View Post
    find it man, post it here. i wanna check it out
    It wasn't the main subject of the video so almost impossible to find it...can't really remember but he said and excuse my retarded resume, If you get your macros from clean food > same macros/calories from bad food
    It was an Animal video if I'm not mistaken and it was black and white he was looking at the camera at a declined angle I think and also in the video he talked about how it was easier to track his pre-contest diet because he doesn't differ much from his offseason's (I think)

javin86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) javin86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) javin86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) javin86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) javin86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) javin86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) javin86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) javin86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) javin86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) javin86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) javin86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It wasn't the main subject of the video so almost impossible to find it...can't really remember but he said and excuse my retarded resume, If you get your macros from clean food > same macros/calories from bad food
    It was an Animal video if I'm not mistaken and it was black and white he was looking at the camera at a declined angle I think and also in the video he talked about how it was easier to track his pre-contest diet because he doesn't differ much from his offseason's (I think)
    Too bad there's so much evidence contradicting that. But it's probably true cus he's jacked.
    www.XCCELLENCE.com - Transform yourself, become a Champion.
    Information resource for Athletes, Bodybuilders and Power/Olympic Lifters

hmm probably leading up to the arnold or olympia series.

you would think its common sense that macros from clean food is better than macros from crap foods... yet people still find a need to argue that you can do it... No duh you can still do it... doesn't mean its better

Originally Posted by javin86 View Post
    Too bad there's so much evidence contradicting that. But it's probably true cus he's jacked.
    if you can find an article containing evidence with a verifiable study, use of specific tests used, that showcase that eating a donut vs. eating a baked potato is better for you, then please post it here.

TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    getting real ****ing tired of people defending IIFYM/studies and probably don't even diet themselves

FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    "you can do whatever the fuk you wanna do" is the best advice ive ever heard

lol for some reason i always think its one guy doing the vids and hes just some editing wizard making the vids with twins

getting real ****ing tired of people defending IIFYM/studies and probably don't even diet themselves
    whats most retarded about is this: I personally agree... if you eat less calories then you need you will lose weight. no matter the calorie source... I know a few alcoholics who only drink... skinny as hell, with little to no muscle mass. I know another guy who drinks regularly, been working out for years, gets small meals here and there with no consistency and is ripped. All that is fine.

What isn't fine is to claim that nonsense junk foods are better than clean foods. To claim that a soda, with equal calories to say... 2 apples, is just as good, is nonsense. perhaps calorie wise, but you are doing yourself a disservice with the fructose corn syrup, lack of nutrients, + dehydration that comes from consuming caffeine.

Originally Posted by FAN0FdaSport View Post
    "you can do whatever the fuk you wanna do" is the best advice ive ever heard

lol for some reason i always think its one guy doing the vids and hes just some editing wizard making the vids with twins
    I have been watching them for a year or two now and still don't know which one is which... lol

Originally Posted by javin86 View Post
    IFFYM is an excuse for does who don't have the will to diet..

whats most retarded about is this: I personally agree... if you eat less calories then you need you will lose weight. no matter the calorie source... I know a few alcoholics who only drink... skinny as hell, with little to no muscle mass. I know another guy who drinks regularly, been working out for years, gets small meals here and there with no consistency and is ripped. All that is fine.

What isn't fine is to claim that nonsense junk foods are better than clean foods. To claim that a soda, with equal calories to say... 2 apples, is just as good, is nonsense. perhaps calorie wise, but you are doing yourself a disservice with the fructose corn syrup, lack of nutrients, + dehydration that comes from consuming caffeine.
    it really is like they said it... the amount of "dirty" food you can sleep in depends on your goals, bulking i'll slip in bread, mcdonalds etc aswell, now in prep all i slip in is some chocolate cookies on high carb days people just think because it's "possible" you can say FUKC ALL and choose whatever the fck you want, which as they pointed out simply isn't the case at a point in cut

it really is like they said it... the amount of "dirty" food you can sleep in depends on your goals, bulking i'll slip in bread, mcdonalds etc aswell, now in prep all i slip in is some chocolate cookies on high carb days people just think because it's "possible" you can say FUKC ALL and choose whatever the fck you want, which as they pointed out simply isn't the case at a point in cut
    mmm... I remember crushing up oreos and mixing it with my ice cream (moose tracks to be specific)... omg.... so good.

agreed with your point though. my rant was more toward the more extreme people who argue its "better than"

mmm... I remember crushing up oreos and mixing it with my ice cream (moose tracks to be specific)... omg.... so good.

agreed with your point though. my rant was more toward the more extreme people who argue its "better than"
    in no way is it better than, it's just "easier than"

fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    if you can find an article containing evidence with a verifiable study, use of specific tests used, that showcase that eating a donut vs. eating a baked potato is better for you, then please post it here.
    insert pic of phil eating a donut.jpg

in no way is it better than, it's just "easier than"
    well said

alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz

MAX.MAREK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAX.MAREK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAX.MAREK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAX.MAREK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAX.MAREK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAX.MAREK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAX.MAREK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAX.MAREK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAX.MAREK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAX.MAREK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAX.MAREK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    totally hear ya bud. couldnt agree more. recently i just said F it! let em do what they want lol
    NPC BODYBUILDER / ISSA Certified Personal Trainer/Nutrition Specialist
    Coached by IFBB PRO Fouad 'HOSS' Abiad | ABIAD'S ARMY

zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Pill and Timmerman, you guys are missing the point just like all the guys on MD. It's not a free for all eat only junk food. IIFYM is flexible dieting where you fit stuff in, but you don't eat exclusively junk food. Here's a response of mine to someone on MD who just didn't get it:

"did he say he ate all three things daily? even if he did it's possible that he eats small amounts of the three during his day. For example of serving of ice cream in my freezer has 140 calories, 4 grams of fat, and 24 carbs. One poptart has 200 calories 37 grams of carbs and 5 grams of fat. 1/6th of a bbq chicken California Pizza Kitchen pizza has 155 calories, 5 grams of fat, 18 carbs. Add all that up and you get: 495 calories, 14 grams of fat, and 79 grams of carbs. Take a guy who's cutting on 2500 calories and you've only accounted for 1/5th of his total calories, most likely 1/5th of his fat grams, and 1/3-1/4th of his carbs for the day. I don't see a problem here as long as he's making sure he's getting his needed protein and paying attention to his micronutrients. Take a 225lb buy like myself who could start his cut on 3200 calories and you're talking about an even smaller portion of calories and macros eaten up by that junk food."

Timmerman and Pill do you honestly believe consuming a small portion of your calories and macros via junk is gonna have a negative impact on your phsique? And if you do please present real evidence that hasn't been debunked to support your opinion.

BTW, go here http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...mentary/page17 and check out my pics and diet explanation of 2 preps I did with one involving a primarily bro diet and the other using IIFYM.
    Last edited by zmcdole; 02-21-2013 at 02:22 PM.
    1708 total @220 Raw
    Improve my total every time I step on the platform.

Being a male is a matter of birth. However, being a "man" is a matter of choice.

Photo in Avi is not current, I'm way fatter now.

I personally agree... if you eat less calories then you need you will lose weight. no matter the calorie source... I know a few alcoholics who only drink... skinny as hell, with little to no muscle mass. I know another guy who drinks regularly, been working out for years, gets small meals here and there with no consistency and is ripped. All that is fine.
    I quoted myself. I absolutely agree with flexibile dieting or eating habits.

@alan. Not sure what you are referring to, because the twins are voicing similarities in what you said here http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-n...-clean-eating/

Its all in moderation. There is no reason why you CAN'T lose weight, or keep optimal body composition with "junk" foods.

What i don't agree with are the extremist who will say that drinking a soda is better than eating two apples. Roughly the same amount of macronutrients. Both provide the same amount of energy, yet one has little to no nutritional value. For body composition, is this okay? Sure. For overall health choices? I don't think so. It gets even more extreme (and people do become extreme about anything), is when 90-100% of what they eat is junk, but "fits their macros." Obviously that isn't what alan aragon or Layne norton would preach, but there are people who miscontrue what is being said.

Just to be clear: I believe in flexibile eating

Edit: Honestly, my point is so minute, i am not sure why its even getting attention. I think it might be misconstrued as "eating 'junk' will make you fat."

Last edit: Also, Z... i think TTimmerman is saying the exact same thing as I am. Flexible eating is fine (in fact he states that he does it)
    Last edited by PillClinton; 02-21-2013 at 02:32 PM.

alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz
    @alan. Not sure what you are referring to, because the twins are voicing similarities in what you said here http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-n...-clean-eating/
    That's an awesome article. Who wrote that?

Also, I laugh every time an IIFYM discussion pops up. Most people do not have the faintest fucking clue how the whole IIFYM thing came about. It was never intended to be viewed as a particular diet. It was never intended to have a bunch of rules ascribed to it that would define it as a specific protocol or way of eating. It was simply an acronym born out of the frustration towards endless noob threads in the Nutrition forum asking if it's okay to have certain foods (i.e., fruit, dairy, nuts, etc) while dieting. The acronym became a meme, and then people started making a diet out of it. The best solution is to not use IIFYM as a label at all, since most people in fitness & BBing circles have obsessive tendencies & cannot think in terms of anything but extremes.

Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^Dodging the profanity filter, like a mod-boss
    "that guy is like a damn unicorn" -Evan Centopani on Mamdouh Elsbiay

Originally Posted by alan aragon View Post
    That's an awesome article. Who wrote that?

Also, I laugh every time an IIFYM discussion pops up. Most people do not have the faintest fucking clue how the whole IIFYM thing came about. It was never intended to be viewed as a particular diet. It was never intended to have a bunch of rules ascribed to it that would define it as a specific protocol or way of eating. It was simply an acronym born out of the frustration towards endless noob threads in the Nutrition forum asking if it's okay to have certain foods (i.e., fruit, dairy, nuts, etc) while dieting. The acronym became a meme, and then people started making a diet out of it. The best solution is to not use IIFYM as a label at all, since most people in fitness & BBing circles have obsessive tendencies & cannot think in terms of anything but extremes.
    Agreed. Yes, i don't see IIFYM as a "way of life/diet" and i don't think the twins do either (they are into Intermittent Fasting). I think there was just some confusion as to what I was saying, which was addressing the extremist who view it as a diet that means "eat whatever you want IIFYM." it lends toward a " 'junk' food is as good as 'clean' food, and because i prefer junk food, I think i'll just stick to that."

If i am missing your point, let me know.

Agreed. Yes, i don't see IIFYM as a "way of life/diet" and i don't think the twins do either (they are into Intermittent Fasting). I think there was just some confusion as to what I was saying, which was addressing the extremist who view it as a diet that means "eat whatever you want IIFYM"
    Definitely confusion over that silly acronym. And all Hodgetwins are doing is perpetuating the misconception & turning it into some sort of diet. They're funny, but holy shit they're fucking retarded.

zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I quoted myself. I absolutely agree with flexibile dieting or eating habits.

Its all in moderation. There is no reason why you CAN'T lose weight, or keep optimal body composition with "junk" foods.

What i don't agree with are the extremist who will say that drinking a soda is better than eating two apples. Roughly the same amount of macronutrients. Both provide the same amount of energy, yet one has little to no nutritional value. For body composition, is this okay? Sure. For overall health choices? I don't think so. It gets even more extreme (and people do become extreme about anything), is when 90-100% of what they eat is junk, but "fits their macros." Obviously that isn't what alan aragon or Layne norton would preach, but there are people who miscontrue what is being said.

Just to be clear: I believe in flexibile eating

Edit: Honestly, my point is so minute, i am not sure why its even getting attention. I think it might be misconstrued as "eating 'junk' will make you fat."

Last edit: Also, Z... i think TTimmerman is saying the exact same thing as I am. Flexible eating is fine (in fact he states that he does it)
    Yeah I apologize I misread what you two were saying

@timmerman ^^^^^^
    Last edited by zmcdole; 02-21-2013 at 02:51 PM.
    1708 total @220 Raw
    Improve my total every time I step on the platform.

Being a male is a matter of birth. However, being a "man" is a matter of choice.

Photo in Avi is not current, I'm way fatter now.

Registered User JanesLastResort's Avatar
    JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I support the theory behind iifym, hell there's not much not to support about it, but i don't practise it in an extreme way anymore. Wich is always tempting to do unfortunately.

But it's just easier to eat foods that make me feel full when dieting. If i crave a snickers bar or something i can make room for it without doing damage to my diet and that's essentialy how iifym should be done. It's not a diet it just supplements your dieting by keeping you sane in extreme situations.
    lófasz

Originally Posted by zmcdole View Post
    Yeah I apologize I misread what you two were saying
    Its fine. It happens a lot on the internet. I am just glad by saying "i think there has been a misunderstanding, because we actually agree" you didn't continue the conversation by saying something like "are you stupid?????" and then run off on a strawman tangent that I didn't say or mention, which usually happens...

Or negs...

Or both...