emanb56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emanb56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emanb56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emanb56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emanb56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emanb56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emanb56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emanb56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emanb56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emanb56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emanb56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Want to compete for first time

Hey everyone, I've been thinking about competing in a physique competition for the my first time and was wondering if I could get some guidance. I'm really not sure where to sign up or how to find upcoming shows. I live in upstate NY so would like to compete somewhere nearby. I'll be 20 in may, about 5'10", 165lbs and would prefer to stay close to my weight. Any help, suggestions, guidance would be much appreciated!

emanb56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emanb56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emanb56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emanb56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emanb56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emanb56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emanb56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emanb56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emanb56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emanb56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emanb56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I actually just started to look into this UFE event upcoming in Buffalo and am thinking about doing the fitness model category..

TheMastedon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheMastedon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheMastedon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheMastedon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheMastedon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheMastedon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheMastedon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheMastedon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheMastedon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheMastedon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheMastedon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Google is a good way to find out what shows are in your area. NPC and OCB are two organizations you can look into. I typically google "NPC NJ shows" for example. I believe there is a contest search right on bodybuilding.com as well: contest.bodybuilding.com/search

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by emanb56 View Post
    Hey everyone, I've been thinking about competing in a physique competition for the my first time and was wondering if I could get some guidance. I'm really not sure where to sign up or how to find upcoming shows. I live in upstate NY so would like to compete somewhere nearby. I'll be 20 in may, about 5'10", 165lbs and would prefer to stay close to my weight. Any help, suggestions, guidance would be much appreciated!
    Are you anywhere near Plattsburgh. You should come check out the OCB Uprising on March 23rd.

http://www.********.com/pages/OCB-TH...58952620817356
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

i like marshmallow DJaRiHardstyle's Avatar
    DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000)
    naturalbodybuildingevents.com for tons of upcoming contests

you're in luck, there's no shortage of contests in NY. NMA and USBF have a lot up there!
    My website:
    NoFluffStrength.com
    Never sensational. Always real.

Currently just coming off of a show; follow my offseason log:
    Mindfulness, Mastery, and Muscle - DJaRiHardstyle's Offseason Mission
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172199513&pagenumber=

I found one in buffalo on April 27 by ufe..I'm thinking of doing the fitness model category and doing a slow clean bulk up until 3 weeks out. From there id cut out 500 cals and focus carbs around my workout. BTW I eat really really clean already. Almost every carb that goes in my body is low GI and accounted for. Any sugar is from 2-3 servings of fruit a day. Fat is all healthy fats and usually around 50g a day. You guys think I should stick to this diet plan and compete around 165 in physique or go higher, lower?

[QUOTE=fltallpaul;1029360193]Are you anywhere near Plattsburgh. You should come check out the OCB Uprising on March 23rd.

No I live in Rochester NY so that's a bit of a hike for my really busy schedule but might try to catch a show nearby

niknguyen is just really nice. (+1000) niknguyen is just really nice. (+1000) niknguyen is just really nice. (+1000) niknguyen is just really nice. (+1000) niknguyen is just really nice. (+1000) niknguyen is just really nice. (+1000) niknguyen is just really nice. (+1000) niknguyen is just really nice. (+1000) niknguyen is just really nice. (+1000) niknguyen is just really nice. (+1000) niknguyen is just really nice. (+1000)
    I dont think you will be stage ready on a 3 week cut. Instead of rushing, pick a later show that you will be ready for
    misc at work crew
    don't ever flat bench crew
    always pick 3 crew

Originally Posted by niknguyen View Post
    I dont think you will be stage ready on a 3 week cut. Instead of rushing, pick a later show that you will be ready for
    Well the thing is if I don't do a show before early May, then I simply won't be able to do one. Leaving to do a lot of traveling and won't be able to stick to a perfect diet thats why I feel like its now or never

Anyone know anything about the usbf physique division? I might do their show may 4 but it says in the description of physique that you basically just stand there and do no poses or anything. Is it even worth doing then?

Bumps

fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Anyone know anything about the usbf physique division? I might do their show may 4 but it says in the description of physique that you basically just stand there and do no poses or anything. Is it even worth doing then?
    Board shorts, no flexing. Front and Back, Basically like Bikini for Men. Some great physiques in that division but if you are a bodybuilder, stick with bodybuilding.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Originally Posted by fltallpaul View Post
    Board shorts, no flexing. Front and Back, Basically like Bikini for Men. Some great physiques in that division but if you are a bodybuilder, stick with bodybuilding.
    You happen to know how the turn outs are for USBF events? The website for them seems kind of "outdated" and I wanna make sure I sign up for an even thats legit and has some competition.

You happen to know how the turn outs are for USBF events? The website for them seems kind of "outdated" and I wanna make sure I sign up for an even thats legit and has some competition.
    I have never been to a USBF show. Perhaps you could contact an athlete who compete's with them or a promoter.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Originally Posted by fltallpaul View Post
    I have never been to a USBF show. Perhaps you could contact an athlete who compete's with them or a promoter.
    Yea I gotta keep looking around to get some more info on it. What about the UFE one April 20th in Buffalo? I'm thinking of that one too, but not sure if I'll have enough time to get ready for it. If I don't do a show before mid-May then I won't be able to do one till maybe the fall, so I'm trying to squeeze one in now.

smiskell is on a distinguished road. (+10) smiskell is on a distinguished road. (+10) smiskell is on a distinguished road. (+10) smiskell is on a distinguished road. (+10) smiskell is on a distinguished road. (+10) smiskell is on a distinguished road. (+10) smiskell is on a distinguished road. (+10) smiskell is on a distinguished road. (+10) smiskell is on a distinguished road. (+10) smiskell is on a distinguished road. (+10) smiskell is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Check out NMA - Natural Muscle Association. I was going to do their show on March 23rd in Buffalo but switched to the NPC Buffalo show April 13th. Not sure what men's categories they have, I was only looking for women's bikini. Just a thought, good luck picking a show!

Originally Posted by smiskell View Post
    Check out NMA - Natural Muscle Association. I was going to do their show on March 23rd in Buffalo but switched to the NPC Buffalo show April 13th. Not sure what men's categories they have, I was only looking for women's bikini. Just a thought, good luck picking a show!
    Yea the 13th might be too close and I don't think they have physique, but thanks for the help!

Demon Fitness - Owner demonwareltd's Avatar
    demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    NABBA which is big in the northeast has Men's Athletic. You still wear a posing suit like bodybuilding and hit most of the mandatory poses. You just need to have a more 'athletic' physique.

Great for guys who lack the size or confidence to do bodybuilding.