uguudei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uguudei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uguudei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Full body and splits question

Hey guys firstly, i am not trying to start the fb vs splits debate, just a general question.

I have worked out for 4 months and my friend who has worked out for 7 months and another friend who has worked out for 3 monts both have gotten much better results than me.

They train together doing a 5 day split and I am doing 3x a week full body workouts.

He claims he eats a ton of food everyday and he looks amazing right now.

He is at a low bf % and looks huge! I am around 16%.

Do you guys think its because of the routines or is it because he has better genetics?

my workout is:

Bench press (chest)

Shoulder press (shoulders)

close grip pull-ups ( biceps )

tricep pull-downs (tri's)

seated cable rows ( middle back)

lat pulldowns ( for lats)

leg presses ( for quads )

hamstring curls ( for hams).

As for they're workouts i dont know in detail but they do a lot of exercises for each body part and their workouts take a lot longer than mine.

I trained with them today and I was done with my workout in 1 hour but they kept taking long rest brakes and it took almost 2 months to finish.

Is it because I eat way less than him? I am trying to lose weight and he is aiming to gain mass.

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your full body workout sucks...run Starting strength or SL if you want a good full body program that will get you strong fast. You cal also cut on it as well and you'll be better off cause you'll lose body fat AND make strength gains.
    OG

raysugar1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i agree that your routine sucks. Go with an actual routine like he said instead of making your own up.

musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by uguudei View Post
    I have worked out for 4 months and my friend who has worked out for 7 months and another friend who has worked out for 3 monts both have gotten much better results than me.
    He claims he eats a ton of food everyday and he looks amazing right now.
    Is it because I eat way less than him? I am trying to lose weight and he is aiming to gain mass.
    If you were to be more objective, you could have figured it out from the information you posted. They are eating in a surplus so they are gaining mass. You are eating in a deficit so of course they are going to have better results. You may be losing weight/fat but they are building new muscle. You too will start to build mass and get more impressive results when you start eating in a calorie surplus.

DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't really think the exercise listing is all that bad (although you are missing squats, deadlifts and all that shizz). But it is fairly balanced. Of course we don't know anything about how the routine progresses, or even the set and rep scheme.

musikguy is on point about nutrition. Just eat more. And get on a program that has progression programmed into it (if I make the reps I do this, if I miss the reps I do that).

It's also possible they're just busting their asses and you're not. You gotta tell yourself you're going to get under the bar and you don't give a **** what the weight is, it's coming up 5 times, or 10 times or whatever set and rep scheme you're working with. And sometimes the weight just doesn't come up, but you will never feel like you could've done better. Maybe you're working out that way now. But if not, the change in mentality could be all the difference you need.

uguudei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uguudei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uguudei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DetMatthews View Post
    I don't really think the exercise listing is all that bad (although you are missing squats, deadlifts and all that shizz). But it is fairly balanced. Of course we don't know anything about how the routine progresses, or even the set and rep scheme.

musikguy is on point about nutrition. Just eat more. And get on a program that has progression programmed into it (if I make the reps I do this, if I miss the reps I do that).

It's also possible they're just busting their asses and you're not. You gotta tell yourself you're going to get under the bar and you don't give a **** what the weight is, it's coming up 5 times, or 10 times or whatever set and rep scheme you're working with. And sometimes the weight just doesn't come up, but you will never feel like you could've done better. Maybe you're working out that way now. But if not, the change in mentality could be all the difference you need.
    I bust my ass every workout so i guess lack of effort isn't the difference. I take protein shakes after my workouts but they don't so i am confused how they get so much better results. its true i am eating in a deficit but i still eat a lot of protein.

MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I bust my ass every workout so i guess lack of effort isn't the difference. I take protein shakes after my workouts but they don't so i am confused how they get so much better results. its true i am eating in a deficit but i still eat a lot of protein.
    Do you think if you ate nothing but 400g of protein a day you'd be all muscle ? Protein is necessary, but it isn't the only part of the equation. Newb gains notwithstanding, you're not likely to add mass while eating at a defecit.

Think about it simply. Defecit = losing weight. Surplus = gaining weight. If you're doing one, you're not doing the other.