cambridge88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New to this: Body fat % estimate - when should i bulk!

Hi Guys,

I've been starting to take fitness seriously lately, I've been trying to cut keeping my calories to around 2000 a day. The basis of this post is to A). try and gather what body fat % I am - I literally have no clue but I reckon around 15%, thoughts?

What I am planning on doing is getting my body fat % down to around 10% (so I finally have some abs) and ten lean bulk.

What do you guys think to this? If so what weight do you think I should bulk too? I'm around 5'6" - any other info needed let me know!

Cheers guys,
    Sam
    Attached Images

freshky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freshky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freshky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freshky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freshky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freshky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freshky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freshky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freshky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freshky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freshky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by cambridge88 View Post
    Hi Guys,

I've been starting to take fitness seriously lately, I've been trying to cut keeping my calories to around 2000 a day. The basis of this post is to A). try and gather what body fat % I am - I literally have no clue but I reckon around 15%, thoughts?

What I am planning on doing is getting my body fat % down to around 10% (so I finally have some abs) and ten lean bulk.

What do you guys think to this? If so what weight do you think I should bulk too? I'm around 5'6" - any other info needed let me know!

Cheers guys,
    Sam
    12-13% imo. Based on your images I wouldn't be too concerned about BF right now. What you are lacking is mass, how long have you been taking it seriously?

Originally Posted by freshky View Post
    12-13% imo. Based on your images I wouldn't be too concerned about BF right now. What you are lacking is mass, how long have you been taking it seriously?
    I'd say around 4-5 weeks, but as mentioned I've been eating less calories - trying to tone and tighten up. I wanted abs before I bulked, but im fully aware I'm in need of a lot mass.
    Thanks for the comments

tzalma1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tzalma1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tzalma1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tzalma1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tzalma1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tzalma1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tzalma1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tzalma1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tzalma1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tzalma1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tzalma1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    bulk....you actually look pretty lean now but its pretty clear you need to add some muscle

Originally Posted by tzalma1 View Post
    bulk....you actually look pretty lean now but its pretty clear you need to add some muscle
    thanks, 100% agree on the muscle. Just felt I needed to cut down and wasn't sure when to start bulking. I'll probably carry on with this cut until the end of the month (pay day). Then I can get some supps and actually afford to buy food .

does anyone recommend a time period on bulks? Or is it generally until you feel ready to get again?

Thanks for the advice.

mcal07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mcal07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mcal07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mcal07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mcal07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mcal07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mcal07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mcal07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mcal07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mcal07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mcal07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Just don't do a dirty bulk and you'll add muscle without compromising too much. That means clean food choices, and limiting carbs to times around your workout when they matter most.

Originally Posted by mcal07 View Post
    Just don't do a dirty bulk and you'll add muscle without compromising too much. That means clean food choices, and limiting carbs to times around your workout when they matter most.

Thanks, pre? Or post aswell? Ill sort out a clean bulk diet and see what you guys think.

Cheers

theoggle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Guys,

Cheers guys,
    Sam
    You look pretty lean to me bro, imo about 12-14% bf. If i were in your shoes i would start clean bulking now. Being short has it advantages in that your physique will fill out faster than a much taller person. I think getting caught up in having abs will possibly hold you back. im not saying go bulk and get fat but im saying you should put on some mass before you worry about having visible abs it will look much better. At the end of the day tho do what motivates u the most and if that's getting visible abs before you clean bulk do it brahhh.

simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Getting abs is great but once you bulk they will fade away anyway. Bulk till you are tired of it or are satisfied with your size. Some people bulk until they hit a bf% then cut a little then do it over again. On a very clean bulk you can probably take a long time to get a few % bf added on. Also I know how it feels to want to see something before bulking as I'm cutting also but only till my bf is under 18% then bulk time. Good luck.
    Legends are not about the goals, but the journey to reach them.
    You can't reach buried treasue without going through some dirt.

flex713 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flex713 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flex713 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flex713 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flex713 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flex713 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Guys,

Cheers guys,
    Sam
    You don't have enough muscle mass to cut down now. If you cut down now till your abs show you will look too skinny, what you have to do is Bulk up first to gain the muscle mass then you can cut down. Email me if you need any advice