Thread: weight issues

brandon077 is not very well liked. (-100) brandon077 is not very well liked. (-100) brandon077 is not very well liked. (-100) brandon077 is not very well liked. (-100) brandon077 is not very well liked. (-100) brandon077 is not very well liked. (-100) brandon077 is not very well liked. (-100) brandon077 is not very well liked. (-100) brandon077 is not very well liked. (-100) brandon077 is not very well liked. (-100) brandon077 is not very well liked. (-100)

weight issues

Im 6 feet tall and have pretty small arms for my frame. I stated out at 160lbs and worked my way up with heavy training and gaining to 196lbs. My chest is rocking my back is getting pretty big and jacked but arms are just a little pumped. Ive seen football players that are 6 foot who have huge arms @ 180lbs. So whats the deal am i going to have to gain to 220lbs just to get.bigger arms. Im losing motivation because of this i weigh more than other guys my height and they have giant arms. Genetics? I do all the good compound Work outs, and dont over train my arms or under train them. They just wont grow with everything else!

JWx22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JWx22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JWx22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JWx22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JWx22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JWx22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JWx22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JWx22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JWx22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JWx22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by brandon077 View Post
    Im 6 feet tall and have pretty small arms for my frame. I stated out at 160lbs and worked my way up with heavy training and gaining to 196lbs. My chest is rocking my back is getting pretty big and jacked but arms are just a little pumped. Ive seen football players that are 6 foot who have huge arms @ 180lbs. So whats the deal am i going to have to gain to 220lbs just to get.bigger arms. Im losing motivation because of this i weigh more than other guys my height and they have giant arms. Genetics? I do all the good compound Work outs, and dont over train my arms or under train them. They just wont grow with everything else!
    Not that I'm an expert on the topic because I too have issues with getting size in my arms. I'm about 6'6'' 210 lbs after having started from 180. My arms were 14 1/4'' when I started and now I'm up to 15 1/2'' but that has taken time...

It's hard to put the size in arms for us taller people with longer limbs but we can't let that be an excuse we use to bring down our motivation. Not saying you're doing any of these things wrong/not doing them but...

1) Use good form
    2) Triceps give you the the majority of size in your arms, not biceps
    3) Switch up your routine a bit for some muscle confusion

That's about all I can tell you based off the information you've given. It's hard to give advice without knowing your exercises or how often you work out arms etc.