Oceanbreezeez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oceanbreezeez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oceanbreezeez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oceanbreezeez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oceanbreezeez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oceanbreezeez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oceanbreezeez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oceanbreezeez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oceanbreezeez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oceanbreezeez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oceanbreezeez is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

How to keep going hard...

Been struggling a lot with motivation lately. How do you keep up motivation to lift hard and heavy in the face of slowing natty gains?

I ate whatever I wanted and relaxed my whole life up till 22 years old. This left me at 115lb of literally skin and bone (like, i did not even have visible abs at 115...zero muscle) the size of a fuking 7th grader.

One day I decided I'd had enough of being he skinniest smallest motherfcker in the northern hemisphere, so I started lifting. That was a year and a half ago. Today I weigh around 165lb.

People say that sounds great, or that I look better. But people are wrong. I'm still extremely skinny and my gains have slowed to a crawl. I've clearly used up all of my noob gains but still can't even bench 2 plates (not even close). I've gained 50lb and busted my ass every single day in and out (diet) of the gym for over 18 months and I still just look average because I had to start from skeletor status.

Furthermore I'm realizing more and more of my horrendous genetics - pectus excavatum, flared ribs, terrible chest in general, postural and skeletal deficiencies (lordosis, APT, etc). Sometimes I feel like the deck was so stacked against me to begin with that I feel like I'm just wasting my time, on top of the slowing gains that remain nowhere near where my goals were. I go so hard that I nearly throw up multiple times per day (whether from lifting hard as fck or cramming so much more food in my mouth than my body wants that I physically cannot eat one more calorie) and for wht? These chitty gains draped over a genetic disaster?

Sigh.
    Last edited by Oceanbreezeez; 02-20-2013 at 07:51 PM.

KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well in the end it comes to working with what you got. For example I train BJJ and have ****ty knees and having bad knees makes me afraid to do certain techniques just because I'm afraid that I'll reap my knees or something. But I love BJJ and don't have a quit in me so I work around it.

Nobody can help you with genetics since those are the cards you got. But we can help you with your training and dieting. Post your routine here and we'll see what way is up.

Keep it going bro! No matter if it's 2 miles or 2000 miles every journey begins with 1 step, and you can't finish if stay still.
    Pokemon X and Y crew FC: 5215-0470-3034 (X)

kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Anybody with a killer body didn't get it in 18 months. It's a lifestyle, not a fad. That's my outlook. For me I love going just because I know I'm living an active and healthy lifestyle. Gains will come, just keep at it

Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Understanding what you are working for and believing you can achieve it is what will keep you working hard. You can reach that muscular ripped physique with proper training and dieting.....it's just something that takes time. If your lifts and weight aren't going up, try eating more.

Oceanbreezeez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oceanbreezeez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oceanbreezeez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oceanbreezeez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oceanbreezeez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oceanbreezeez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oceanbreezeez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oceanbreezeez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oceanbreezeez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oceanbreezeez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oceanbreezeez is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thanks for all the replies, sorry I never got back to the thread but I've did get some extra motivation last week when I ran into an old acquaintance and he couldn't stop saying how amazed he was at how much better I look.

My routine is simple, I'm doing a slightly modified All Pro Intermediate program (can be found sticked in the workout program forum, it's full body compound focused) with a bit of isolation work to bring up my lagging areas. Diet is 2800 cal/day, ~90g fat ~180 protein. But just today I decided clearly I'm not eating enough with these slow ass gains so I jacked it up to 3k+ and see how that goes, I only need about 5 more lb before I've reached my goal for this bulk and I can cut.

fitdragon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Write out your goal physique and work backwards. Track your progress weekly and even set weekly targets that you must hit! Make a game out of it and have fun! Remember patience is key....
    Hassan
    http://bellyfatdemolition.com/

SAILBRO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SAILBRO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SAILBRO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SAILBRO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SAILBRO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SAILBRO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SAILBRO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SAILBRO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SAILBRO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SAILBRO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SAILBRO is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Oceanbreezeez View Post
    Thanks for all the replies, sorry I never got back to the thread but I've did get some extra motivation last week when I ran into an old acquaintance and he couldn't stop saying how amazed he was at how much better I look.

My routine is simple, I'm doing a slightly modified All Pro Intermediate program (can be found sticked in the workout program forum, it's full body compound focused) with a bit of isolation work to bring up my lagging areas. Diet is 2800 cal/day, ~90g fat ~180 protein. But just today I decided clearly I'm not eating enough with these slow ass gains so I jacked it up to 3k+ and see how that goes, I only need about 5 more lb before I've reached my goal for this bulk and I can cut.
    lol, there's your problem if you're a "hardgainer"

1DieselPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1DieselPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1DieselPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1DieselPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1DieselPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1DieselPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1DieselPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1DieselPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1DieselPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1DieselPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1DieselPower is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Oceanbreezeez View Post

Cut at 170lbs? How tall are you mate? I say bulk bulk bulk!! And jack up your calorie intake more than 3000/day.
    I fear not physical pain, but the pain of regret -

It's not how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep going -

'You can't climb the ladder of success with your hand in the pocket' - Arnold

'Only start counting when it starts to hurt' - Ali

Training - 100%
    Diet - 100%
    = 200% that's how much you gotta give!

Goon416 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Goon416 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Goon416 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Goon416 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Goon416 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Goon416 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Goon416 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Goon416 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Goon416 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Goon416 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Goon416 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's a lifestyle man, never give up, keep going. Keep positive people in your life, and life will be more positive. As far as gains go eat right and eat a lot but don't go overboard!

selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Read my sig. Impossible by John Maxwell.....I wrote this quote on the wall of my basement weight room.....When I feel "less than".....I read this quote....works like a charm.....Dwelling on all your negatives is a recipe for disaster....Feel blessed your have a healthy mind and body...Some would love to be in your position.
    While liftin duh weights I yell out..."You sexy beast"...."Squeeze metal for papa".