McTastyfish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Doing my workout twice? Football and Track

I have to play center this year, and I NEED to get bigger and faster. My main question is after the main workout, which is usually bench/squat or incline bench/power clean both of these with auxiliaries, would it be safe for me to come back in after my track workout and do the main lifts all over again? I hear people tell me it would hurt me, and it would help me and I have no clue who to believe. Basically what id be doing is: off season workout > track workout > then coming in and doing the main parts (bench, squat, incline or power clean). Any help?

P.S I weigh 195 and I'm 5'10

LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    How many sets and reps? Could you post the workouts?

AthleticLiftz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AthleticLiftz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AthleticLiftz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AthleticLiftz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It could help depending on your workout, but really you should be focusing on maximising your time in the gym. Maybe your second workout could be used to address weakness' you feel you have? But really the more volume your workout has the less intensity you can use, therefore you won't be maximising your time?
    Qualifications:
    PICP Level 1 and 2

Big 3 maxes:
    Squat- 200kg atg
    Deadlift- 240kg
    Bench- 140kg

Dezlim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by McTastyfish View Post
    I have to play center this year, and I NEED to get bigger and faster. My main question is after the main workout, which is usually bench/squat or incline bench/power clean both of these with auxiliaries, would it be safe for me to come back in after my track workout and do the main lifts all over again? I hear people tell me it would hurt me, and it would help me and I have no clue who to believe. Basically what id be doing is: off season workout > track workout > then coming in and doing the main parts (bench, squat, incline or power clean). Any help?

P.S I weigh 195 and I'm 5'10
    play line backer instead. You are more fit in that spot

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No not all over again if you've already done them.
    You need to keep it simple no auxiliaries just the main lifts.
    Do your track practice then lifts.
    Three days a week can be enough for lifting.