bigfluffy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigfluffy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigfluffy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigfluffy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigfluffy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigfluffy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigfluffy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigfluffy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigfluffy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigfluffy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigfluffy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Need help with my routine!

Hey guys, I need some help. First off, my gym got rid of the shoulder press bench. So I need a substitute for that. Also, I want to add in Sumo Deadlifts, and Stop Squat. Where could I add them in? My main goal is to get stronger for football, (O Lineman and DT) and if there is ANYTHING wrong with this routine, please let me know and make suggestions! (Measly reps if helpful) thanks!

Monday
    Push Press 5x5
    Front Squat 5x5
    Front, Side, Rear Delt raises 3x10
    Lunges 3x10
    Glute Ham Raise 3x8(My gym doesnt have a glute ham machine either, any suggestions?)

Tuesday
    Hang Snatch 5x5
    BB Bench 5x5
    BB Shoulder Press 3x10 (The one I need a substitute for)
    DB One arm Row 3x8

Thursday
    Hang Shrug 5x2
    Squat (ATG) 5x5
    Romanian Dead Lift 3x8
    Rear Delt Raises 3x10
    BB Split Squat 3x4 each leg
    Glute Ham raise 3x8

Friday
    Deadlift 5x5
    Incline Bench 5x10
    DB Bench 3x10
    DB Shrugs 3x10

ANY help appreciated, thanks!

bigfluffy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigfluffy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigfluffy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigfluffy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigfluffy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigfluffy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigfluffy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigfluffy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigfluffy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigfluffy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigfluffy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Any help?

musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    We don't know where you got this routine, who wrote it, who has run it, if any tweaks were made along the way or anything like that so you are going to have to run it and make adjustments if needed.
    If it's an established program you got from somewhere just trust the author already made the adjustments and run it and see what happens.
    A couple things stood out from your intro though: you're training for football and you are going to leave out squats? That doesn't even make sense.

You don't need a special bench to do OH press. You load up a bar, stand with feet about shoulder width apart, and press the bar over your head.

Finally, side delt raises? Shrugs? for football? You should be training for strength and explosiveness.

Originally Posted by musikguy72 View Post
    We don't know where you got this routine, who wrote it, who has run it, if any tweaks were made along the way or anything like that so you are going to have to run it and make adjustments if needed.
    If it's an established program you got from somewhere just trust the author already made the adjustments and run it and see what happens.
    A couple things stood out from your intro though: you're training for football and you are going to leave out squats? That doesn't even make sense.

You don't need a special bench to do OH press. You load up a bar, stand with feet about shoulder width apart, and press the bar over your head.

Finally, side delt raises? Shrugs? for football? You should be training for strength and explosiveness.
    Hey man, thanks for the reply. No I'm certainly NOT looking to leave out squats, I'm looking to add in another squat variation and want to know the best day to do it. I should have specified, the overhead press I'm referring to is seated, standing I listed as military press. The program was designed by joe conolly, a strength and conditioning coach at South Carolina. I agree with the shrugs and delts, I'm just not sure what to switch them with.

Edit: I see what you mean now, I'm not literally trying to stop squatting, I mean add the exercise called stop squat. (Top half squat) Sorry for the confusion
    Last edited by bigfluffy29; 02-22-2013 at 07:48 AM.

musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by bigfluffy29 View Post
    Hey man, thanks for the reply. No I'm certainly NOT looking to leave out squats, I'm looking to add in another squat variation and want to know the best day to do it. I should have specified, the overhead press I'm referring to is seated, standing I listed as military press. The program was designed by joe conolly, a strength and conditioning coach at South Carolina. I agree with the shrugs and delts, I'm just not sure what to switch them with.
    Since we can assume he probably tweaked it based on students progress, it would probably make the most sense to run it for a couple of months before changing anything. Do you have access to this coach? If you do, you could ask him why he has you doing bodybuilding building lifts when you should be training for strength.

The, lets just call it, "Press". I really doesn't make that much of a difference if you are standing or seated. Most people training for a sport would do it standing anyway. And since you lost your bench, makes the choice that much easier. Not sure what the question is there.

And my point about the shrugs and laterals is you don't need them so they don't have to be replaced. However, if this routine was assigned to me by my coach, I'd probably run it for several cycles and see what happened.
    Just saw something else: the coach has you deadlifting 5X5 the next day after full ATG 5X5 squats? You should really talk to your coach about the goals of this program.

Originally Posted by musikguy72 View Post
    Since we can assume he probably tweaked it based on students progress, it would probably make the most sense to run it for a couple of months before changing anything. Do you have access to this coach? If you do, you could ask him why he has you doing bodybuilding building lifts when you should be training for strength.

The, lets just call it, "Press". I really doesn't make that much of a difference if you are standing or seated. Most people training for a sport would do it standing anyway. And since you lost your bench, makes the choice that much easier. Not sure what the question is there.

And my point about the shrugs and laterals is you don't need them so they don't have to be replaced. However, if this routine was assigned to me by my coach, I'd probably run it for several cycles and see what happened.
    Just saw something else: the coach has you deadlifting 5X5 the next day after full ATG 5X5 squats? You should really talk to your coach about the goals of this program.
    Thanks for the reply! I'll try to tweak it, I didn't know if there was a difference in seated or standing press. Thanks to the both of you!

JMadz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMadz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMadz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMadz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMadz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMadz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMadz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMadz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMadz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMadz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMadz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just for reference, here is the original program.

On the original routine, the Thursday Squat is a Front Squat, therefore making Deadlifts a more plausible Friday exercise.

http://www.stack.com/2012/06/01/stac...uide-football/

"You've got to pull on that bar like you're ripping off the head of a god damn lion." - Donny Shankle

Stats as of:---01/01/2013---Current (04/14/2013)---Goal (01/01/2014)
    Bench:-----------225lbs-------------260lbs-----------------300lbs----
    Squat:-----------245lbs-------------285lbs-----------------330lbs----
    Dead:------------350lbs-------------410lbs-----------------450lbs----
    TOTAL:----------820lbs-------------955lbs-----------------1080lbs---

Originally Posted by JMadz View Post

On the original routine, the Thursday Squat is a Front Squat, therefore making Deadlifts a more plausible Friday exercise.
    Ahhh! That does make a difference.

To the OP: this is why you shouldn't change a program until you've run it for a month or so.

Originally Posted by JMadz View Post

On the original routine, the Thursday Squat is a Front Squat, therefore making Deadlifts a more plausible Friday ]
    Ah, thank you. Not sure how it got switched around, but I will fix it. Thanks to all. Would rep but not sure how to on mobile