Joeb1kenobi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

SQUATS i can't i simply can't

hey so I bench press more then i can squat... i dont hava squat rack or anything so i tink the problem is having to lift the heavy bar above my head then put it onto my shoulders.. ive done this a few times but i felt in my shoulders i was on a one way trip to snap city i have done lunges and squats with my 17kg dumbells and that works but is doing squats with a barbell better then doing them with dumbells..? i'd appreciate some advice.. p.s( i'm not some pro bodybuilder so no hate just advice please) thanks!
    Last edited by Joeb1kenobi; 02-20-2013 at 03:18 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

FromSquare1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FromSquare1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FromSquare1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FromSquare1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FromSquare1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FromSquare1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FromSquare1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FromSquare1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FromSquare1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FromSquare1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FromSquare1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yes it is better to squat with a barbell. Try learning to do a full clean. Clean the bar and then front squat it a bunch of times and you'll quads.
    Squats, Squats, Squats,
    Squats squats
    Squats, Squats, Squats,
    Squats squats,
    Errybody
    If you aint doin squats get the F out the club.
    If you aint gettin quads get the F out the club.

DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Joeb1kenobi View Post
    hey so I bench press more then i can squat... i dont hava squat rack or anything so i tink the problem is having to lift the heavy bar above my head then put it onto my shoulders.. ive done this a few times but i felt in my shoulders i was on a one way trip to snap city i have done lunges and squats with my 17kg dumbells and that works but is doing squats with a barbell better then doing them with dumbells..? i'd appreciate some advice.. p.s( i'm not some pro bodybuilder so no hate just advice please) thanks!
    Do what is available. I suggest either DB squat or BB Hack Squat. You might want to invest in a squat rack though.

alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Build a rack.

jonstosik is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonstosik is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonstosik is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonstosik is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonstosik is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonstosik is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonstosik is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonstosik is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonstosik is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonstosik is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonstosik is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you don't have a rack you could try weighted pistol squats for glutes, front squats for quads and Stiff Legged Deadlifts for hammies. Pretty much covers all bases.

Alternatively you could take Rippetoe's squat rack design to a metal shop and get a squat rack made up cheaply.
    Cutting to 10% body fat

Starting weight January 2012 - 110kg (242lbs)
    Cut down to 88.5kg (195lbs)
    Currently 98.5kg (217lbs) (Approx. 18% bodyfat)