ness_d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

gluten free diet and bulking up

I started working out about a year ago. Right now I'm 5'11 and 130lbs, so still pretty twiggy. I'm on a gluten free diet so I can't eat wheat and other grains and I'm having a hard time bulking up. I can definitely tell I'm getting stronger but I'm not really getting bigger. Does anyone know good foods to eat to help bulk up? Since I can't eat wheat I eat lots of meat, my grains are mainly corn and rice and lots of fruits and veggies I'm just trying to add different types food to my diet to increase my calorie intake

abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ness_d View Post
    I started working out about a year ago. Right now I'm 5'11 and 130lbs, so still pretty twiggy. I'm on a gluten free diet so I can't eat wheat and other grains and I'm having a hard time bulking up. I can definitely tell I'm getting stronger but I'm not really getting bigger. Does anyone know good foods to eat to help bulk up? Since I can't eat wheat I eat lots of meat, my grains are mainly corn and rice and lots of fruits and veggies I'm just trying to add different types food to my diet to increase my calorie intake
    Bob's red mill sells a lot of great gluten free products, ie; Gluten free oatmeal.

Make some kind of chili with lean meat and beans.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Its-Chi...ge/Detail.aspx

Brown Rice, Quinoa are all great grains to eat daily. Eat carbs like sweet potatoes, etc.

Gluten Free Carbs:

The best sources of gluten free carbs that I have found are:

Sweet potatoes
    White potatoes
    Bob's Red Mill Buckwheat cereal
    Brown rice
    Bob's Red Mill Mighty Tasty Hot GF Cereal
    Bob's Red Mill Ground Flax Meal
    Fruits and veggies
    Rice cakes
    All sorts of organic canned beans
    Specialty gluten free breads
    Make sure to get a lot of healthy fats from things like avocados, peanut butter, trail mix..

I don't see what's so hard about bulking up gluten free!
    eating out? a nutritional guide to popular restaurants and fast food!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2920231

the best ways to prepare your oatmeal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=108636081

wtsall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Damn, I was hoping there would be alot more on here than one post.

racedoc is just really nice. (+1000) racedoc is just really nice. (+1000) racedoc is just really nice. (+1000) racedoc is just really nice. (+1000) racedoc is just really nice. (+1000) racedoc is just really nice. (+1000) racedoc is just really nice. (+1000) racedoc is just really nice. (+1000) racedoc is just really nice. (+1000) racedoc is just really nice. (+1000) racedoc is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ness_d View Post
    Might want to checkout Emma-Leigh's sticky in this section to make sure you are hitting your calories and macros correctly (I'd link but on my phone standing in an ice rink). Abergirl has good advice, plently of gluten free food out there to meet your needs - I go through a lot of brown rice and quinoa myself. Good luck!