CtCutie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Quad/Leg Progression--Realistic goals

I've always wanted to attain nice, solid, shaped, defined, etc LEGS. I wasnt exactly genetically blessed with strong legs. This is an area I'm determined to work on and would like your expertise on a realistic goal for when I could actually achieve some sort of visible progression. I want to 'see' muscle in my legs! Go for short reps and heavy weights?

If I maintain a healthy diet that is spot on with what my macros should be and work legs 2x a week, realistically, how long am I looking some sort of results? 6 months? year?

Ultimately (and I know it's goind to take time time and more time), my goal is to acheive that tear drop and separation damnit!

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Months to years. Just visualize...(1) the relative size of the upper leg muscles (quad/hamstring).....(2) a pound of muscle spread over the entire surface area of said muscles...(3) how long it takes us women to gain a pound of muscle... But it all really depends on how much fat you carry in conjunction with how much muscle you have underneath...

I think my progress pics in my BodySpace could illustrate this .. I started with a decent muscle base but was overweight. started at 155 to 160# in October '11...crapshoot estimate of 25% body fat.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

Originally Posted by megdaig View Post
    Months to years. Just visualize...(1) the relative size of the upper leg muscles (quad/hamstring).....(2) a pound of muscle spread over the entire surface area of said muscles...(3) how long it takes us women to gain a pound of muscle... But it all really depends on how much fat you carry in conjunction with how much muscle you have underneath...

I think my progress pics in my BodySpace could illustrate this .. I started with a decent muscle base but was overweight. started at 155 to 160# in October '11...crapshoot estimate of 25% body fat.
    Meg, I am ENVIOUS Of your legs. You look amazing and I'm in shock at what you were able to accomplish in 6 months (from 10/11 to 4/2012). Your progress definitely inspires me to focus on my goals and know that I can and will get there. Keep up the awesome work!!!! I want those legs!!!! lol

Originally Posted by CtCutie View Post
    Meg, I am ENVIOUS Of your legs. You look amazing and I'm in shock at what you were able to accomplish in 6 months (from 10/11 to 4/2012). Your progress definitely inspires me to focus on my goals and know that I can and will get there. Keep up the awesome work!!!! I want those legs!!!! lol
    Also, Im at about 24 % BF right now, if I was to estimate. So, knowing you came from that and went to where you did in 6 months is even more encouraging.

fitfreak100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by CtCutie View Post
    lol, I'm jealous too! You're inspiring!

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It basically comes down to having enough muscle and low enough bodyfat to support the look. It's going to take you a few cutting/building cycles to get there.

What is your leg routine at the moment?
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    It basically comes down to having enough muscle and low enough bodyfat to support the look. It's going to take you a few cutting/building cycles to get there.

What is your leg routine at the moment?
    Im on Jamie Easons LiveFit trainer, week 5, working legs 2x a week.