BeyondMeasure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeyondMeasure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeyondMeasure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeyondMeasure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeyondMeasure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeyondMeasure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeyondMeasure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeyondMeasure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeyondMeasure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeyondMeasure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeyondMeasure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Curious about a particular type of dumbbell...

I always hear folks talking about powerblock, and other similar types of quick-go dumbbell sets. What's the verdict on those classic spin-lock dumbbell sets? Is there any con to them other than the inconvenience of needing to adjust plates off and on?

In case anyone is wondering..

Anyone particular brand of like DB better than another in this category? If so why?

Thanks in advance.

JohnPurple will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnPurple will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnPurple will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnPurple will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnPurple will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnPurple will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnPurple will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnPurple will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnPurple will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnPurple will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnPurple will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Those are good if you don't have a lot of money. They are just slower at changing weights, but are just as good.

BeyondMeasure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeyondMeasure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeyondMeasure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeyondMeasure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeyondMeasure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeyondMeasure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeyondMeasure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeyondMeasure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeyondMeasure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeyondMeasure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeyondMeasure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JohnPurple View Post
    Those are good if you don't have a lot of money. They are just slower at changing weights, but are just as good.
    They are indeed more affordable and they're def lacking in the "Ease of Use" department but on the other hand, they are also space efficient.

Gudino95 is just really nice. (+1000) Gudino95 is just really nice. (+1000) Gudino95 is just really nice. (+1000) Gudino95 is just really nice. (+1000) Gudino95 is just really nice. (+1000) Gudino95 is just really nice. (+1000) Gudino95 is just really nice. (+1000) Gudino95 is just really nice. (+1000) Gudino95 is just really nice. (+1000) Gudino95 is just really nice. (+1000) Gudino95 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have two spinlock dumbells i think they are gold gym brand with a set of 160 lbs db plates . spinlock dumbells are probably the safest.
    ***Foam Roller Crew***
    ++ Positive Crew ++
    *MFC*
    +8/10 in mirror 2/10 in pictures crew+
    "Any posts made by me are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widley available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature and should not constitute advice or be considered advice to assist in activities that are deemed illegal."

Gudino95 is just really nice. (+1000) Gudino95 is just really nice. (+1000) Gudino95 is just really nice. (+1000) Gudino95 is just really nice. (+1000) Gudino95 is just really nice. (+1000) Gudino95 is just really nice. (+1000) Gudino95 is just really nice. (+1000) Gudino95 is just really nice. (+1000) Gudino95 is just really nice. (+1000) Gudino95 is just really nice. (+1000) Gudino95 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by JohnPurple View Post
    True they are slower but since they are cheaper you can buy to sets and have them ready.
    ***Foam Roller Crew***
    ++ Positive Crew ++
    *MFC*
    +8/10 in mirror 2/10 in pictures crew+
    "Any posts made by me are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widley available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature and should not constitute advice or be considered advice to assist in activities that are deemed illegal."

I guess essentially you can also keep yourself busy in between sets LOL

JohnPurple will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnPurple will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnPurple will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnPurple will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnPurple will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnPurple will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnPurple will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnPurple will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnPurple will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnPurple will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnPurple will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Oh yeah, they are terrible for dropsets. Considering the fact that I don't do dropsets it doesn't matter to me.

qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Spinlocks DBs are a good cheap option, if you can't afford the more expensive adjustable DBs. Aside from the quickness of changing plates, the other benefit of IM/PB is that they are easier to rest on your thighs to kick up to position. You could also do this with spin lock and not have the threaded rod stab you by putting outside of your thighs and kick it off from the plates itself. Although I still manage to jabbed myself with it...

If you are getting set of spinlock, I would recommend getting ones that has this rubber gasket in collars to ensure that the collars won't loosen.

BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't mean to be a deck but the influx of spinlock threads over the last day and a half is mind boggling.
    A quick look at the threads on the first two pages of the equipment section should show that there was no need for another thread. There's already some good info in the existing current ones...
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] Equipment Crew #57 [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]

[]──[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #26 []──[]

❍--❍ York Barbell Club #34 ❍--❍

☆☆☆ That On3 Cr3w That Has Too Much Pow3r Cr3w ☆☆☆

Originally Posted by BloodType3R View Post
    I don't mean to be a deck but the influx of spinlock threads over the last day and a half is mind boggling.
    A quick look at the threads on the first two pages of the equipment section should show that there was no need for another thread. There's already some good info in the existing current ones...
    My bad, I actually did a forum search prior to posting this but didn't see much on the topic.....

SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Just my own opinion but I dont like the spin/lock type. Pain to change weights between sets/reps, worry of lock losening etc. If price is the only problem, I'd suggest looking on craigslist at some preowned equipment.

Originally Posted by SugarFree1 View Post
    Just my own opinion but I dont like the spin/lock type. Pain to change weights between sets/reps, worry of lock losening etc. If price is the only problem, I'd suggest looking on craigslist at some preowned equipment.
    Trust me I exhaust all my options before coming to a conclusion, I been looking through CL for atleast a month not only in my state but my neighboring state.. In most cases CL's prices can be retail-like...but my main issue is there not being much to choose from in the area.... I'm going with spinlocks for now so i can keep it moving but i'll upgrade in the future.....

Location: Birmingham, Westmidlands, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000)
    only problem i have with solid steel handles is the grip size, it feels horrible.
    i actualy preffer the plastic grip on the cheapo 14" i've got.
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #4 -!!!---!!!-