gang576 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile macros and calorie information, please help!!

ok guys i have been bodybuilding for a year and a half now and the gains have been going slower and slower, so i started to count calories and macros. I am fairly new to all of this so i am going to tell you what i am doing and i hope you can give me some feedback, if i am doing it right or not. So i am 84kg, 19 years old and my bf is around 12% i want to bulk up a little bit so i am on 2700 calories at the moment i don't know if this is enough or not. My macro ratio is 30%protein,50% carbs and 20% fat. i am all about "if it fits your macros". I workout 5 times a week with only a 1.5 km run after each workout. my body type is in between a mesomorph and a endomorph. So please guys as i said before i am new to this and i dont know if what i am doing is right or not, i would love some answers

Scrawny little Asian Providence94's Avatar
    Providence94 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Providence94 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Providence94 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Providence94 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Providence94 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Providence94 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Providence94 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Providence94 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Providence94 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Providence94 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Providence94 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    To me , the calories you are eating seems to low for a bulk, it seems more towards maintenance considering on your current activity level. Try upping it to about 3.3-3.5k and see whether u gain 100-200grams per week, if u do den stick to it till it stagnants agains den u increase it
    hai guyz

Team Hollywood Militia
    (Contest Prep Coach/Nutritionist John "Otis" Hollywood)

CURRENTLY SHREDDIN

235p/430c/65f at 186lbs

naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    How did you figure on that amount of calories?

Keep in mind that while counting calories is a good idea, it's often inaccurate unless you are preparing all of your meals yourself.
    Free Agent

Instagram.com/naturalguy2.0

OnTheRegimen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Providence94 View Post
    To me , the calories you are eating seems to low for a bulk, it seems more towards maintenance considering on your current activity level. Try upping it to about 3.3-3.5k and see whether u gain 100-200grams per week, if u do den stick to it till it stagnants agains den u increase it
    +1.

Your caloric maintenance is likely in the 2500-2700 range. A 500 calorie surplus is reasonable for a bulk. Weigh yourself regularly, see where you are in a few weeks and adjust if needed. And SLEEP. Those macro percentages look fine imo.

Why post workout running?

Originally Posted by OnTheRegimen View Post
    +1.

Your caloric maintenance is likely in the 2500-2700 range. A 500 calorie surplus is reasonable for a bulk. Weigh yourself regularly, see where you are in a few weeks and adjust if needed. And SLEEP. Those macro percentages look fine imo.

Why post workout running?
    well the reason for post workout running is simply for peace of mind to me because i was a fat kid before, i have always been big and strong but fat as well i only recently got down to 12% body fat. do you think that post workout running will seriously affect my muscle gains? the reason i ask is because i too am really thinking about weather i should do it or not.

Originally Posted by Providence94 View Post
    To be honest i am kinda scared to up my calories simply due to the fact that i gain weight really easily due to my **** genetics but i will see weather i gain weight or not from these calories, if not i will keep increasing them

Originally Posted by naturalguy View Post
    How did you figure on that amount of calories?

Keep in mind that while counting calories is a good idea, it's often inaccurate unless you are preparing all of your meals yourself.
    well i used a method iv seen online where it says to times your body weight by 14 and 17 and in between those two amounts is your maintenance level. Do you think that that method is accurate?

naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by gang576 View Post
    well i used a method iv seen online where it says to times your body weight by 14 and 17 and in between those two amounts is your maintenance level. Do you think that that method is accurate?
    Probably not. There are many individual differences, I don't think cookie cutter formulas are accurate. You could use it as a starting point but then you should monitor yourself and make adjustments.
    Free Agent

Instagram.com/naturalguy2.0