Pazzoman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Need Help Constructing WS4SB3 Workout

Here are the following questions, then i should be set for this thanks!

What does max reps and super set mean?

I dont have anything at home to help me perform any of the verticle pulling exercises, any alternatives?

Here is what my workout is looking like:

Monday: Max Effort Lower Body

-straight bar deadlifts max set 5 reps
    -bulgarian split squats 3 sets of 12
    -romanian deadlifts 3 sets of 12
    -sprinter situps, v ups, toe touches, hip thrusts 10-20 each 3 sets as a circuit

Tuesday: Off

Weds: Max Effort Upper

-Bench Press 5 Rep Max Set
    -Flat DB Bench Press 2 sets of 20
    -Superset Barbell Rows with Seated DB powercleans 4 supersets of 12 reps each
    - Barbell Shrugs Front 4 sets of 15
    - Barbell Curls 4 sets of 15

Thursday: Off

Friday: Dynamic Effort Lower

-8 sets of 3 Vertical Jumps
    -3 sets of 10 Bulgarian Split Squats with DB
    - Romanian Deadlifts 3 sets of 12
    -Barbell Russian Twists 4 sets of 15

Saturday: Repetition Upper Body

-Flat DB bench press 4 sets of 15
    - Group one verticle pull????
    - Group 2 Seated DB powercleans
    - DB lateral raises 4 sets of 12
    - Barbell Shrugs
    -Barbell Curls
    -Captains of Crush Grip 3 sets max reps

Sunday- Off

Yea so i think once the questions are answered i should be set to go. Thanks!

krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Superset = back to back sets.
    Max Reps - as many reps as you can do. The templates explain the requirements for the max rep sets.

grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    http://www.elitefts.com/ws4sb/ws4sb.pdf

It's all pretty well explained..

Thanks also any ideas on an alternative for the verticle pulldowns as I don't have the machines for that?

It says for the bench press a max set of 3-5 reps, does that mean as many sets you can do doing 3-5 reps?

Thanks

krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It means work up to a set of 3-5 reps.

Where possible, do pullups. There are great ways of doing assistance for pullups (partner, band, weight assistance), partials or negatives. Alternately, you can pull bands, but that will get old quickly.

grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Pazzoman View Post
    Thanks also any ideas on an alternative for the verticle pulldowns as I don't have the machines for that?

It says for the bench press a max set of 3-5 reps, does that mean as many sets you can do doing 3-5 reps?

Thanks
    Don't need a machine for vertical pulling you can do chin ups and inverted rows. Find you a rope and pull ****.

Thanks for the replies think i should be set and will start off whats today. Just have to purchase the captains grips today.

Hey just wanted to know warm ups only need to be done for heavy lifting like bench press and dead-lifts?

Also what should be the right increasing weights? I didn't do any warm ups for the dead lift and romanian deadlifts.. for dead lift I was able to do 210 lbs for five reps (says max set, but he prefers 3-5 reps)
    And for the Romanian I just put 100lbs to get the feel of it.

Thanks!

Warm up before every workout. Nick Tumminello has excellent upper, lower and whole body warmups if youare struggling.

As far as weight progression, use more sets for the first exercise (3 or 4) and less for subsequent ones. if 210 is your 5RM, maybe run 115, 135, 165, 190. Sorry if the weights don't work out well, I normally work in kg.

Originally Posted by krakkerz View Post
    Warm up before every workout. Nick Tumminello has excellent upper, lower and whole body warmups if youare struggling.

As far as weight progression, use more sets for the first exercise (3 or 4) and less for subsequent ones. if 210 is your 5RM, maybe run 115, 135, 165, 190. Sorry if the weights don't work out well, I normally work in kg.
    Ok great thanks i think i under stand. Im going to start off todays mac effort with bench press...says max set 5 reps.

I started from the and worked my way up 5-10pounds every set of 3 completed. I manage to do 10 sets and get to 130 pound bench for a mac set of 3 reps.

Now that i know my max...next time i do this work out i will start off at

90 x3
    100x3
    110x3
    115x3
    125x3
    130x3 (max set for today) i assume it will be better next week since i did so many uneeded sets.

Ok great thanks i think i under stand. Im going to start off todays mac effort with bench press...says max set 5 reps.

I started from the and worked my way up 5-10pounds every set of 3 completed. I manage to do 10 sets and get to 130 pound bench for a mac set of 3 reps.

Now that i know my max...next time i do this work out i will start off at

90 x3
    100x3
    110x3
    115x3
    125x3
    130x3 (max set for today) i assume it will be better next week since i did so many uneeded sets.
    I'd drop the 125 set.....

In fact, the jumps are all way too small. Start with 50-60% of the target weight and split the gap between that and the top weight up.

If you want 130, then try 70, 85, 100, 115, 130.

Something like that.

LiftNPlay is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftNPlay is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftNPlay is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftNPlay is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftNPlay is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftNPlay is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftNPlay is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftNPlay is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftNPlay is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftNPlay is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftNPlay is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    For me working up to a 3rm of 235, I do

135x5
    155x5
    175x5
    205x3
    235x3
    5' 11", 225 lbs
    BF: ~17%
    Bench: 320
    Squat: 485
    Power Clean: 295

Patience and Hard Work.

My journal from high school football through my current college football career:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145019721&pagenumber

Originally Posted by LiftNPlay View Post
    For me working up to a 3rm of 235, I do

135x5
    155x5
    175x5
    205x3
    235x3
    Thanks to you and krakkerz for the help i will follow what krakkers has set up about the warm up sets. Also I should only worry about protein and eating clean and maintaining calorie intake right? I do have approx 20 - 25% body fat so assuming bulking isnt needed.

Thanks to you and krakkerz for the help i will follow what krakkers has set up about the warm up sets. Also I should only worry about protein and eating clean and maintaining calorie intake right? I do have approx 20 - 25% body fat so assuming bulking isnt needed.
    Lots of protein and veggies. Easy on potato, pasta and bread. You'll go far.

Hey,

Update so far

Monday: Max Eff Low

- Straight Bar Deadlift
    -warmup sets
    3x 135 pounds
    3x 155 pounds
    3x 175 pounds
    3x 190 pounds
    3-5x 215 pounds MAX SET

-Bulgarian Split Squats 3 sets of 12 no weight because i seem to be unable to balence myself

-Romanian Deadlifts 3 sets of 12
    95 pounds for each set

-Sprinter situps, vups, toe touches, hip thrusts... 3 sets 10 reps each as a circuit

Weds: Max Eff Upper

- Bench Press
    Warm Up Sets:
    3x 95 pounds
    3x 115
    3x 135
    3x 145 MAX SET

-Flat DB Bench Press 2 sets of 20 with 20 lbs DB

-4 Supersets of 12 reps DB Row with Seated DB powercleans

-DB Shrugs 40 pounds 4 sets of 15

-DB Bicep curls 4 sets of 15...10 pound DB... I could do more weight with my right but due to my Erbs Palsey I dont have much muscle mass nor strength in the left.

Friday: Dynamic Eff Lower

- 8 sets of 3 Verticle Jumps ( Do I just jump as high as i can each time?)
    - 3 sets of 10 Bulgarian Splits Squats with elevated front foot
    - Romanian Deadlifts 3 sets of 12
    - Barbell Russian Twists 4 sets of 12

Saturday: rep upper

- Flat DB Bench Press 4 sets of 15
    -Superset DB seated overhead with DB powers 4 sets of 10
    -DB later raises 4 sets of 12

-supersets barbell shrugs and DB curls 3 sets of 10

- Captains of Crush 3 set max

I reposted everything just because i had some added info.

Main questions:

Can over head DB shoulder (seated) be an alternative to pther Verticle Pulling exercises? I dont have a pull up bar?

-Since my erb palsey caused different stregths and muscle mass in my left towards my right arm should I only do weights that the left can perform...or do weights based on how much each arm can take?

-Can I squeeze in regular barbell squats in to this workout? Maybe replacing the Bulgarian Squats on Friday?

Thanks also can i stick with the same workout permentaly or every few weeks I have to change all exercises?

Thanks!!!!

gmanschmidt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gmanschmidt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gmanschmidt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gmanschmidt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gmanschmidt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gmanschmidt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gmanschmidt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gmanschmidt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I'm currently running this program also
    As far as ME work goes,work up to 5 rep max first week then a 3 rep the second week then change the exercise and I usually keep my assistance the same for six weeks. Also, just do pull ups for vertical pull

Originally Posted by gmanschmidt View Post
    I'm currently running this program also
    As far as ME work goes,work up to 5 rep max first week then a 3 rep the second week then change the exercise and I usually keep my assistance the same for six weeks. Also, just do pull ups for vertical pull
    Ok great thanks,

However I know that i woudnt be able to hit the rep amount for the program...would that be a problen?

gmanschmidt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gmanschmidt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gmanschmidt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gmanschmidt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gmanschmidt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gmanschmidt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gmanschmidt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gmanschmidt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Ok great thanks,

However I know that i woudnt be able to hit the rep amount for the program...would that be a problen?
    I'm a little confused by rep amount just pick a weight you can do for give reps then do it

1. Overhead presses are a pushing movement. Not pulling. You might just have to stay with horizontal pulling or find a beam to do chins from.
    2. Tough question. Is your left arm fully capable and just weaker? Or is there a permanent inhibition?
    3. Rotate squats into your ME Lower day. Either as the primary with your RDLs as the accessory or as the secondary with Deadlifts as the primary (This will be very tough).
    4. Beginners and intermediates don't need to change exercises too regularly. The more advanced you are, the more you have to. And quality is the most important factor. If you struggle with 3RM weights, use 5s for longer periods.

Ciper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ciper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ciper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ciper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ciper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ciper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thats really grea.

Originally Posted by gmanschmidt View Post
    I'm a little confused by rep amount just pick a weight you can do for give reps then do it

Hey it asks for 10-12 reps for chin ups..however I think physically I may only be able to do half... wi;; that be sufficent? Do as many as I can for each set?

"krakkerz
    1. Overhead presses are a pushing movement. Not pulling. You might just have to stay with horizontal pulling or find a beam to do chins from.
    2. Tough question. Is your left arm fully capable and just weaker? Or is there a permanent inhibition?
    3. Rotate squats into your ME Lower day. Either as the primary with your RDLs as the accessory or as the secondary with Deadlifts as the primary (This will be very tough).
    4. Beginners and intermediates don't need to change exercises too regularly. The more advanced you are, the more you have to. And quality is the most important factor. If you struggle with 3RM weights, use 5s for longer periods."

1. I will see if I could purchase a rack for a door in time before verticle pulling is neededm thanks
    2. It counts on some of the exercises, my wrist when my arm is fully extend on the left is 90 degrres to the table while my right wrist when arm is fully extend can lay on the table at 180 degrees. Also certain exercises like DB Power cleans, I cant bring a DB behind my head as much as my right....left side doesnt even make it past my head.
    If it hard to picture my left arm in the info I provided, I could upload pics if that would help.

3.Im thinking of having deadlifts as primary and squats as the secondary (I honestly hope it will be tough as for some reason I don't feel as sore as I should be when performing leg workouts with this routine, should I keep it with the amount of sets and reps as the roman dead lifts require?

4. Ok I see, thanks for all your help! Now Im trying to figure out if I should be having protein shakes (Syntha 6) everyday or my usual chicken dinner would suffice.

Hey it asks for 10-12 reps for chin ups..however I think physically I may only be able to do half... wi;; that be sufficent? Do as many as I can for each set?

1. I will see if I could purchase a rack for a door in time before verticle pulling is neededm thanks
    2. It counts on some of the exercises, my wrist when my arm is fully extend on the left is 90 degrres to the table while my right wrist when arm is fully extend can lay on the table at 180 degrees. Also certain exercises like DB Power cleans, I cant bring a DB behind my head as much as my right....left side doesnt even make it past my head.
    If it hard to picture my left arm in the info I provided, I could upload pics if that would help.

3.Im thinking of having deadlifts as primary and squats as the secondary (I honestly hope it will be tough as for some reason I don't feel as sore as I should be when performing leg workouts with this routine, should I keep it with the amount of sets and reps as the roman dead lifts require?

4. Ok I see, thanks for all your help! Now Im trying to figure out if I should be having protein shakes (Syntha 6) everyday or my usual chicken dinner would suffice.
    Do the chins as best you can. You can use a band for assistance or do jump heaves, which is where you jump up to the bar and lower under control.
    I'm honestly not sure about your arm. I'd say in any exercise where they're close, train with the left in mind. If they're a long way apart, it's probably worth working harder with the right. It's more a question for a PT, though.
    Yep, keep the same sets and reps as the RDL.
    Just eat all the protein you can. If you're really short on protein, add shakes. If you're getting 4 or so meals a day with a good amount of protein, you don't really need to. Although it wouldn't hurt, either.

Great thanks for the help Krakkerz as well as other members!