snsdyoona has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snsdyoona has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snsdyoona has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post Breathing for various exercises?

Is it important to breathe right when doing your workout?

If it is, are there any specific breathing techniques required for the following: -Bench press, Squats, bicep curl, dips, bent over rows, lat pulldown, situps and pushups?

Thanks in advance for helping me out!

HulkingBrute is a name known to all. (+5000) HulkingBrute is a name known to all. (+5000) HulkingBrute is a name known to all. (+5000) HulkingBrute is a name known to all. (+5000) HulkingBrute is a name known to all. (+5000) HulkingBrute is a name known to all. (+5000) HulkingBrute is a name known to all. (+5000) HulkingBrute is a name known to all. (+5000) HulkingBrute is a name known to all. (+5000) HulkingBrute is a name known to all. (+5000) HulkingBrute is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It's very simple: Breathe deeply and exhale hard during the concentric phase of the lift.

DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by snsdyoona View Post
    Is it important to breathe right when doing your workout?

If it is, are there any specific breathing techniques required for the following: -Bench press, Squats, bicep curl, dips, bent over rows, lat pulldown, situps and pushups?

Thanks in advance for helping me out!
    If you are a beginner you shouldn't bother with this imo your body will do it naturally.
    I like to breath in during the negative movement and out during the positive movement.
    Except for exercises like squat and deadlifts I use valsalva maneuver breathing technique(holding breath during the whole exercise and breath between reps) to provide core support and help protecting my back.
    I also use valsalva maneuver to gain mechanical advantage.

snsdyoona has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snsdyoona has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snsdyoona has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by HulkingBrute View Post
    It's very simple: Breathe deeply and exhale hard during the concentric phase of the lift.
    Mind elaborating what do u mean by concentric phase of lift? Ty

Originally Posted by DivaJana View Post
    If you are a beginner you shouldn't bother with this imo your body will do it naturally.
    I like to breath in during the negative movement and out during the positive movement.
    Except for exercises like squat and deadlifts I use valsalva maneuver breathing technique(holding breath during the whole exercise and breath between reps) to provide core support and help protecting my back.
    I also use valsalva maneuver to gain mechanical advantage.
    but i dont feel that my body is breathing right man.... Will not breathing right limit your potential?? (I.e i can bench 15kg but i'm doing 12.5kg as i'm not breathing right)

DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by snsdyoona View Post
    but i dont feel that my body is breathing right man.... Will not breathing right limit your potential?? (I.e i can bench 15kg but i'm doing 12.5kg as i'm not breathing right)
    First off, I'm not a man. If you aren't comfortable with your current breathing techniques try both ones I listed, and find go with the one that works best for you You will need valsalva maneuver for squats and deadlifts to help stabilize your spine.