Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I ordered these bands to use for assisted chin-ups:

http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-monster-bands.php

There are other companies selling the same, Elite FTS has them too.

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Parias1126 View Post
    Such a wonderful post! Looks like I have something to look forward to! Good for your daughter! That is amazing! I wish I could get my 20 year old daughter to exercise at all instead of just sit on the couch in front of the tv. She thinks exercise is chasing her toddler around. She told me yesterday that I needed to stop lifting heavy because my arms were starting to look like man arms. I take that as a compliment! Considering I'm still fat and there are noticeable muscles in my arms means all my hard work is paying off! I'm down 99 pounds and my daughter thinks its just silly. Your post and your daughter alone have motivated me to buy this attachment! Where do I pick up the band though?
    Congrats on your remarkable weight loss!

I bought a package of bands for doing assisted pull ups from Iron Woody:

http://www.ironwoodyfitness.com/equi...-up-bands.html

They're kind of expensive, but they work very well.

Here's a video showing a variety of ways to use bands:

My daughter uses the first technique shown, except that instead of using her knee in the band, she instead places a foot on the band. My wife, when she tried it, found it difficult though.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

Parias1126 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Parias1126 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Parias1126 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Parias1126 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Parias1126 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Parias1126 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Parias1126 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Parias1126 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Parias1126 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Parias1126 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Parias1126 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank for the link to the instructional video KBKB. I looking at the bands on the website you linked. How do I know which to order?

Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm not sure if this is helpful, but at 6'3", I'm 18" from bottom of my foot to below my knee (edit: eh, maybe closer to 19"). My current bench (Bodycraft F320) is 20" high, and that's just too high for MY comfort, probably by a couple inches. I'm probably buying a new bench this week.

That said, I've used my bench successfully for years. It's never gotten in the way of working out - I'm just not as comfortable on it as I'd like to be. If you're 19" heel to knee and your husband is 18", you might find the Ironmaster bench a little tall, but I suspect it would be perfectly usable.

I'm still using spinlocks and another set of standard dumbbell handles that take clips. I think I've had them over 20 years. Someday, I think I want to get myself the Ironmaster dumbbells. It's low on my list of priorities, though. So if you want the cheap alternative, get some spinlocks and buy some used standard plates.

I'm not sure I'm contributing anything, since it seems like that's the direction you're leaning right now. So I guess I'm just saying I agree, that plan sounds reasonable.

(edit: and I just noticed you ordered the Ironmaster bench about an hour before I posted. Grats! Hope it's exactly what you need.
    Last edited by Maluket; 02-19-2013 at 08:46 PM.

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Thank for the link to the instructional video KBKB. I looking at the bands on the website you linked. How do I know which to order?
    Get one of these four sets:

http://www.ironwoodyfitness.com/equi...p-package.html

http://www.ironwoodyfitness.com/equi...p-package.html

http://www.ironwoodyfitness.com/equi...pair-of-1.html

http://www.ironwoodyfitness.com/equi...pair-of-1.html

I think you could also get individual 41" bands, but it looks like they sell them in pairs when you only need one.

I think I got the third one on the list (above), but if I had to do it over again, I'd get the first one that I listed.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by KBKB View Post
    If we're talking about this listing...

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/spo/3609668465.html

...it looks the same as my bench aside from the fact that the base is painted white.

I am fairly certain that new/current attachments will work with that (somewhat older) bench.
    Op could PM Curbsidequiche. He would know for sure whether they are compatible.

brendan0076 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendan0076 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendan0076 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendan0076 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendan0076 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendan0076 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendan0076 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendan0076 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendan0076 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendan0076 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendan0076 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by qwan456 View Post
    Oh, I hate when this happen. I meant to post an hour ago, but clicked on the "Go Advanced" and left without checking it got submitted... xD

This will varied from one person to another, as it is a very subjective issue. You can't say that she and her husband will eventually want to go back to a public gym and no longer appreciate what they have at home. There are many people on and outside this site who has their own home gym and have been happy with it for many years, to the point that they would invest a large space of their home and money to buy many commercial equipments (there have been a few projects where they expanded their home or build entirely new building in their backyard for one). This section alone should be evident of that.

If anything, I personally find a public gym to be a rather inconvenience especially on a tight schedule. Spending 10-15 minutes driving to and from the gym, having to abide by rules that would limit some of the lifts I do because "it's not safe", having to wait on certain equipments that is being occupied especially during crowded times where people who are trying to get in shape for the New Years and spend most of their time talking between sets, etc. There have been occasions that I could not finished my workout session within my schedule because of all of that s*** when I should have been using that time focusing on my lifts.

Working out for so long, it is now part of my lifestyle I can't do without whether it's at home or at a gym, but I much rather choose an option that is more convenient for me. If you need to stay motivated, write a training log to monitor your progress (this $1 notebook what help me a lot when I was younger and still do), train with friends and family members, set up a speaker system, put different workout variation to your routine occasionally, etc. Hell, the satisfaction of knowing I am working out on the equipment that I had bought is motivation in itself.

Anyways, while it is unfortunate that a home gym wasn't for you, I don't think it's a good idea to immediately dismissed the option of having one especially if you aren't going to read the post. If possible, buying their equipment used is often recommended. This way they can actually experience it and decide from there. If it turn out that it isn't for them as well, they could easily sell it for about the same price they had bought it. Sometime even making a profit out of it. There's no harm or foul. On the other hand, the dismissal of it will force them to live with any potential inconvenience with a monthly fee.
    are you stupid? i clearly said I would not get a home gym, then said MY experience.

misc has reached new levels of butthurt beta-ness for getting 3 negs from telling my mere opinion on home gyms

strong virgin butthurt home gymers

dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by KBKB View Post
    If we're talking about this listing...

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/spo/3609668465.html

...it looks the same as my bench aside from the fact that the base is painted white.

I am fairly certain that new/current attachments will work with that (somewhat older) bench.
    yep. my superbench is white and was bought in 2004. it takes the current attachments.

of all the equipment ive sold, re-acquired, sold again, flipped etc, etc...the superbench is the one piece that has remained a consistent part of my gym.
    "ive made the most impressive gains when i spent months with the heavy dumbbells and left the power rack cowering in the corner like the b**ch that it is"-anonymous

"sometimes when a mans alone, thats all you got is your dog"

"he fakes to the left. no. he fakes to the right. he doesnt fake. he thinks about faking. he pretends to fake. i dont know where i am. i cant breathe"

qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by brendan0076 View Post
    are you stupid? i clearly said I would not get a home gym, then said MY experience.

misc has reached new levels of butthurt beta-ness for getting 3 negs from telling my mere opinion on home gyms

You also said "after a while you will want to back to regular gyms and you will become demotivated working ou at home". It seem like you was using your own experience to say it how it WILL happen for the OP as well. I guess I just read it in a different context from which you had intended, and you just wanted to prove a point what might happen in general. But even so, I would probably still had replied to you in a similar manner either way.

I do understand that it was your opinion / experience on the matter. Since you posted it up, it is subject to various opinions of others including myself. I merely stated my own to yours, and it was by no means were made to dismiss your opinion. If anything, you did brought up a valid point that home gyms aren't for everyone, and that some people cannot get used to the idea of doing strenuous, exhaustive activity in their own home.

As for negging you, I was not the one who had done so. I find the whole negging system annoying at times. A person's getting into the red because he/she pissed off a high-rep idiot of which he only got such a high-rep not because he is helpful but rather due to post that some people think is "funny". To make matters worse there are those who ask for help will used the ranking system to judge who they should listen to but not the content of what they are saying. This cause many difficulties for myself and others on a different help forum site in attempt to clean up various of threads.

Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Really? That's what you clearly said? Let's have a look:

didnt read your post

but i WOULD NOT recommend a home gym, after a while you will want to back to regular gyms and you will become demotivated working ou at home. I set up a home gym and later realised the gym environment is a very good tool to utilize for motivation and just having that 'place' to focus or release frustrations that might be kept in your home environment.
    You admitted you didn't even bother reading her post before responding.

You recommended that SHE not get a home gym.

You told her SHE would become demotivated and SHE would want to go back to a regular gym.

Nothing wrong with sharing your own experience. But presenting your own experience as a fact about the experience she would have, and in the context of not even reading the OP's post, was godawful.

Negging for not even being able to read your own post, let alone the OP's post, and then insulting the people who did read both.

(edit: Huh. I think that's my first neg since joining nearly 3 years ago. Grats.)

qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Uh, Maluket, I think you negged the wrong person... xD Oh wells.

Anyways, grats on the the purchase of the IM Bench, Parias1126! It seem to be an excellent bench when I had tried it out at my buds place a while back. Hope it fits perfectly for you and your husband needs.

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Anyways, grats on the the purchase of the IM Bench, Parias1126! It seem to be an excellent bench when I had tried it out at my buds place a while back. Hope it fits perfectly for you and your husband needs.

Reps on recharge, qwan456.

I'll send some greenies your way as soon as I'm able, to make up for Maluket's crazed neg-slinging.

u mad virgin?

Lol. He actually negged me for telling him he's in the wrong forum.
    Last edited by Stasher1; 02-20-2013 at 09:51 AM.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    are you stupid?
    Stupid is as stupid does, Forrest. Didn't your mama tell you that?
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Stasher1 View Post

I'll send some greenies your way as soon as I'm able, to make up for Maluket's crazed neg-slinging.
    I sent him my share to help out. You guys covered off the post I was constructing earlier today

Parias1126 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Parias1126 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Parias1126 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Parias1126 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Parias1126 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Parias1126 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Parias1126 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Parias1126 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Parias1126 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Parias1126 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Parias1126 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thank you so much! I can't wait until it arrives! I'm sure I'll be back here to let everyone know how much I love it!

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    job: army, no wonder ur trolling, u got nothin else going on in our life, fail-tard
    Beta Manlet, or whatever you a--clowns call each other: I am touched by your red chiclets and your heartfelt emotion. Your spelling, grammar and punctuation are endearing. Do you have all your teeth too? You must quite a catch at the county detention facility; the belle of the ball, as it were.
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

Doh! So sorry! Gah! So my first neg was a complete fail in pretty much all possible ways. I should have just let it go. If it'll make you feel better, feel free to neg me. Like you, I don't really put much stock in the rep power thing. Never did in any forum. You learn who the people you trust are, and those numbers under their names don't really play a role in that.

And it's not letting me rep you positively.

Well, hopefully after I spread some around, I can get back to you. And hopefully others have greened you.

Bleah.

Originally Posted by Stasher1 View Post

LOL. I'd rep you for this, but I must apparently spread some reps around first.

Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000)
    Greens for Qwan reds for the child.

;-)

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Maluket View Post
    Doh! So sorry! Gah! So my first neg was a complete fail in pretty much all possible ways. I should have just let it go. If it'll make you feel better, feel free to neg me. Like you, I don't really put much stock in the rep power thing. Never did in any forum. You learn who the people you trust are, and those numbers under their names don't really play a role in that.

Well, hopefully after I spread some around, I can get back to you. And hopefully others have greened you.

Bleah.
    On more than one occasion I've attempted to rep someone and accidentally negged them. I'll try to rep qwan tomorrow if the system will let me.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #39 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #2 ▪█─────█▪

▪[[[[────]]]]▪ York Barbell Club #93 (DD) ▪[[[[────]]]]▪

▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #10 ▪[M]====[6]▪

186lbs in Avatar

Originally Posted by Maluket View Post

Bleah.
    Nah, it's fine. I knew it was an accident, and I wasn't bothered by it at all. I'd only mentioned it because I just found it funny that it happened right after my little rant on the whole negging system. What a way to somewhat support that rant. xD

And yeah, I didn't expect to received any rep from it, although, now it seem like I was asking for it. lol But thank you everyone for them. I'd pretty much got more than enough reps to counteract it.

Thank you so much! I can't wait until it arrives! I'm sure I'll be back here to let everyone know how much I love it!
    YW! Once you get it all set up, take some pictures of it if you can.
    Last edited by qwan456; 02-20-2013 at 08:48 PM.