jordanmanly21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Cutting diet, advice? Tips? Please.

Hey everyone this is my cutting diet, i am currently 18 years old, 178 cm tall, 78 kg, 19% body fat and i am looking to cut the fat off and hopefully keep whatever muscle i have left and mainly lower that body fat percentage, ill add in my cutting diet, which is roughly around 1700 calories, and any advice or tips or criticism would be very much appreciated, thanks everyone
    Attached Files

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You've ignored comments in your other thread re fat intake

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=151938403

If you don't want to listen stop wasting our time

Hammertiime is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hammertiime is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hammertiime is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hammertiime is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hammertiime is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hammertiime is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hammertiime is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hammertiime is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hammertiime is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hammertiime is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hammertiime is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    OP, I answered your questions about your cutting diet yesterday.

You've gone back to a Cutting diet of 1700cals which is extremely low. Your fats are too low again.

Why the second thread asking the same question going back to your original, already answered question?

Location: Portsmouth/London, Hampshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Broskis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Broskis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Broskis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Broskis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Broskis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Broskis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Broskis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Broskis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Broskis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Broskis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Broskis is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just as an aside, it's probs not a good idea to plan food ahead so rigidly, you're very unlikely to stick to exactly that and it just makes you try and fit bits and bobs in and is tempting to replace one food with another for the sake of convenience at the time which then skews your targets for the day because one food has different macros to the food you timetabled. (I find this anyway)

I'd make a list of foods and their values then edit them into the spreadsheet as and when you can, if need be write down what you eat. Try to remember roughly the values in your head so you can calculate what you're about to eat when preparing a meal and don't need your computer there 24/7.
    When the Eagles are silent, the Parrots will jabber.

Hammertiime is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hammertiime is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hammertiime is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hammertiime is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hammertiime is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hammertiime is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hammertiime is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hammertiime is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hammertiime is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hammertiime is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hammertiime is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Broskis View Post
    Just as an aside, it's probs not a good idea to plan food ahead so rigidly, you're very unlikely to stick to exactly that and it just makes you try and fit bits and bobs in and is tempting to replace one food with another for the sake of convenience at the time which then skews your targets for the day because one food has different macros to the food you timetabled. (I find this anyway)

I'd make a list of foods and their values then edit them into the spreadsheet as and when you can, if need be write down what you eat. Try to remember roughly the values in your head so you can calculate what you're about to eat when preparing a meal and don't need your computer there 24/7.
    Failure to plan is 'Planning to Fail'.

Originally Posted by Hammertiime View Post
    OP, I answered your questions about your cutting diet yesterday.

You've gone back to a Cutting diet of 1700cals which is extremely low. Your fats are too low again.

Why the second thread asking the same question going back to your original, already answered question?
    i know you answered the question, i believe you know alot more about this than me, i did 177g protein for my 177 pound body weight then i did 0.4 x 177 pounds to find my fat intake then i was going to add as many carbs but i still had trouble i found out on a few website which gave me different BMR's roughly around 1900-2100 calories of BMR than i took off 500 calories roughly 20% to make that the cut and it came up with 1400-1600 calories to cut with which then i was confused because you'd answered that i needed alot more, im confussed with different types of information one leading me one way the other leading me another, with the low calories 1400-1600 i think thatll make me loose fat and muscle, if i do like more calories like you said (not to sure how many calories to cut with that your refering to so if you have a rough number that'd really help) will i loose weight but only fat not muscle? sorry for being abit of an annoying person on this forum, im just trying to get it right, proably over thinking :/ thankyou

Originally Posted by jordanmanly21 View Post
    i know you answered the question, i believe you know alot more about this than me, i did 177g protein for my 177 pound body weight then i did 0.4 x 177 pounds to find my fat intake then i was going to add as many carbs but i still had trouble i found out on a few website which gave me different BMR's roughly around 1900-2100 calories of BMR than i took off 500 calories roughly 20% to make that the cut and it came up with 1400-1600 calories to cut with which then i was confused because you'd answered that i needed alot more, im confussed with different types of information one leading me one way the other leading me another, with the low calories 1400-1600 i think thatll make me loose fat and muscle, if i do like more calories like you said (not to sure how many calories to cut with that your refering to so if you have a rough number that'd really help) will i loose weight but only fat not muscle? sorry for being abit of an annoying person on this forum, im just trying to get it right, proably over thinking :/ thankyou
    That section I bolded above, is your problem right there.

You calculated your 'BMR'. You need to work out your 'TDEE' which takes into account your daily physical exercise, your BMR does not.

Exercise = energy expenditure, body needs to put energy in (calories) in order to use it as energy out (for exercise).

Refer back to your previous thread for my other explanations and the calculation I did.

Location: Portsmouth/London, Hampshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Broskis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Broskis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Broskis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Broskis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Broskis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Broskis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Broskis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Broskis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Broskis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Broskis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Broskis is on a distinguished road. (+10)

A list of food with their nutritional value by weight is planning, the looks I get from my housemates for weighing everything I eat and recording it down, they think I'm nuts haha. It may just be my organisation sucks but lets face it alot of people are unorganised and it can be hard to stick to exactly what you've got written down when things are going on like lectures/work/unexpected things. As a result I find it easier to shop acording to my list and eat several different meals in rotation just when I feel like them. There is nothing in my fridge/cupboard that doesn't fit into my diet at any time of any day.
    When the Eagles are silent, the Parrots will jabber.

According to fitnessfrog. com

And assuming you do 3-5 days a week at the gym, your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) is 2,927 calories. Therefore to maintain your current weight, you need to be consuming 2,927 calories a day with your current exercise routine.

Cutting - 500 calories or subtract 20% off your TDEE (2,927 - 500 = 2,427 calories each day to cut)

Bulking + 500 calories or add 20% to your TDEE (2,927 + 500 = 3,427 calories each day to bulk)

Judging by your diet's, your Bulking diet doesn't seem too bad, however your at a very marginal calorie surplus, might pay to bump it up just a tad

Your cutting diet is VERY extreme and calories seem way too low. Even lower than what your BMR would be (your total body's MINIMUM need to maintain weight without any exercise - to perform daily bodily tasks). Bump the calories up Also pay attention to your dietary fats, they seem very low. You may need to cycle carbs on your off days in order to effectively cut. Only carbs I get on my off days are from green/red veggies and a small serve of milk.

Calculating Macros

A few of the posts above have referred to this, I suggest you read the stickies primarily for your own benefit in calculating appropriate macronutrient content.

Good luck.

this is what you answered on my last post, so your basically saying 2,427 calories should be my cut, and 3,427 my bulk is that correct? and i because i am 177 pounds i should have 177 g protein, and 0.4 x 177 which is my pounds = 70.8g which should be my fats is that correct? then i should fill in whats left with complex carbs, i think thats what your trying to say. you also said in the answer "You may need to cycle carbs on your off days in order to effectively cut. Only carbs I get on my off days are from green/red veggies and a small serve of milk". what does this mean? thankyou for all your help

Jemima92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jemima92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jemima92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jemima92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jemima92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jemima92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jemima92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jemima92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jemima92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jemima92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jemima92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    doesn't seem very balanced. hardly any fats or veggies.