BrOnX_NeW YoRk is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrOnX_NeW YoRk is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrOnX_NeW YoRk is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrOnX_NeW YoRk is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrOnX_NeW YoRk is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrOnX_NeW YoRk is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrOnX_NeW YoRk is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrOnX_NeW YoRk is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrOnX_NeW YoRk is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrOnX_NeW YoRk is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrOnX_NeW YoRk is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation So ehhin lost please help

i worked out for years and was 215 pounds but never a good diet.so since summer is here i wanted to get my abs showing so i started eating really healthy and within about 7weeks i went from 215 to 190 with diet and cardio.i still have some stmach at so i wanted to try keto.i been following one of the stickies on keto and found out=i am 190 pounds 16% body fat, fat mass 30lb, lean mass 160lb. i should be taking 2350 calories 640 cal from protein and 1710 from fat. so thats 160g of protein and 190g of fat per day. ok so im trying to think of foods and for breakfast i had 4 eggs 2tbsp of olive oil and 1/4 cheese, this already is 668 calories,59g fat, and 31.9g protein. im almost half way to 2350 calories, how do i balance out the rest of the meals which i have no idea what to eat. please help
    GO HARD OR GO HOME. . .BrOnX Ny

Fismen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fismen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fismen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BrOnX_NeW YoRk View Post
    i worked out for years and was 215 pounds but never a good diet.so since summer is here i wanted to get my abs showing so i started eating really healthy and within about 7weeks i went from 215 to 190 with diet and cardio.i still have some stmach at so i wanted to try keto.i been following one of the stickies on keto and found out=i am 190 pounds 16% body fat, fat mass 30lb, lean mass 160lb. i should be taking 2350 calories 640 cal from protein and 1710 from fat. so thats 160g of protein and 190g of fat per day. ok so im trying to think of foods and for breakfast i had 4 eggs 2tbsp of olive oil and 1/4 cheese, this already is 668 calories,59g fat, and 31.9g protein. im almost half way to 2350 calories, how do i balance out the rest of the meals which i have no idea what to eat. please help
    please eat veggies and nuts/seeds or you will have to call a plumber. im no expert and im not on keto for losing weight so i dont count calories, but what i experienced is that i dont have the same desire to eat as when im in glyco. so if i eat a decent breakfast i can go until dinner without thinking of foods. if you want to eat 4-5 meals a day i guess you have no other option than to eat less per meal. if you eat the right foods, keto can be super healthy but if you only eat cheese bacon and dairy you're gonna get problems with ur gut and its not healthy at all. sry if i didnt answer your question :P i'd say add tons of nonstarchy veggies like spinach, lettuce, broccoli etc and maybe eat nuts/seeds as lunch or something. I eat 2 avocados a day, but if you're counting calories im not sure if thats something you should eat, but they are the perfect keto food. tons of fiber and almost only fat, but also pretty caloriedense.
    Last edited by Fismen; 06-24-2013 at 12:26 PM.

jediokie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jediokie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jediokie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jediokie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jediokie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jediokie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jediokie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jediokie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jediokie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jediokie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jediokie is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Throw in some leafy greens with cheese and an oil based dressing for lunch, then whatever you want for super (within the keto diet). But I have to say, I try hard to eat above that (my deficit is ridiculous because of my weight) and I almost never get above 2500 calories by days end. As a side note, pound water, you'll need it.
    My Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154713593

"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates

Doug55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doug55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doug55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doug55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doug55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doug55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doug55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doug55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doug55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doug55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doug55 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What to eat? MEAT! Animal flesh= best source of protein/fat in my mind Slabs of red meat!

Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you want to eat a higher volume of food you are going to have to cut some corners. For example, for breakfast have 2 full eggs, 4 egg whites, 1 tablespoons of olive oil and 1/4 cup of 50% reduced fat cheese ( I like cabot brand cheddar) and then throw in about a cup of raw baby spinach and a spinkle of onion and garlic powder salt/pepper.

391 calories
    34 g pro
    About 2 g carbs

For lunch, marinate chicken breast in a ziplock bag for a few hours or overnight. You can put any spices you like in there. I like to put in thyme, sage, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, rosemary and, oregano. Don't overdo the spices though because they do contain some carbs. For example, a teaspoon of garlic powder has 2 net carbs. Then put some olive oil in the bag. After marinating, pound the chicken with a tenderizer. Then cover the chicken with foil to keep it moist and bake at 300 for 30-45 minutes depending on your oven.

For a side, I like to make spinach soup. Take like 10 oz of raw baby spinach, 2 cups of broth, 1 cup 50% reduced fat cheese, 2 tablespoons of heavy cream, 6 tablespoons of parmeson cheese and blend it up.

560 Calories
    40 g protein
    About 15 g carbs (depending on spices)

I hope this gives you some ideas.

stevenning1025 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevenning1025 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevenning1025 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevenning1025 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevenning1025 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevenning1025 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevenning1025 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevenning1025 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevenning1025 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevenning1025 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevenning1025 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    2 tbsp of olive oil just for breakfast is too much IMO.
    just throwin it out there

eat your veggies, 100g of broccoli is only like 35cal raw, not saying 100g of broccoli will keep you full but i fill my plates with broccoli asparagus and spinach cuz u definitely do not want that keto rabbit poop, you want that big overwhelming toilet filling &$*#(excuse my description), but yeah bro get your fiber in, its never gonna hurt ya

you dont necessarily have to eat red meats, or fish although i throw it in there 3 times a week, rest of the time im just eatin chicken and reduced fat mayo. lots of poly fats, good source of protein, and reduced fat mayo is only 35cal a tbsp WHAT?? yeah. 120cal tbsp olive oil vs 3 1/2 tbsp of mayo.
    OH and creamy ranch salad dressing, this is what i look foward to during my day, i chop up some bite sized celery sticks, throw 1 oz walnuts on top, drizzle some tobasco hot sauce and hit it wit 1 1/2 tbsp of creamy ranch, perfect snack. 300cal and 32g fat, i dont even count the celery since theres probably people who are gonna be like "but bro its negative calories" yeah i know, thats why i eat em =D, plus it makes you look good

btw my breakfast is 6 egg whites 2 yolks, 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella, throw some spinach and some chopped bell peppers and flip it into an omelet. some organic green tea with ginger for healthy antioxidants, 3 fish oil, anavite multivitamin, 1 cla. bam bon appetite.

this is all just what i suggest, no one has to follow it but its what i do and think would be helpful
    -nutrition
    -patience
    -ass busting workout.

BrOnX_NeW YoRk is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrOnX_NeW YoRk is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrOnX_NeW YoRk is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrOnX_NeW YoRk is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrOnX_NeW YoRk is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrOnX_NeW YoRk is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrOnX_NeW YoRk is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrOnX_NeW YoRk is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrOnX_NeW YoRk is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrOnX_NeW YoRk is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrOnX_NeW YoRk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I somewhat get my diet but I really don't understand carb days it says to start Friday night till sat at midnight. how many carbs do I eat each day?
    GO HARD OR GO HOME. . .BrOnX Ny

Shelk87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shelk87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shelk87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shelk87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shelk87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shelk87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shelk87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shelk87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shelk87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shelk87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shelk87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you aren't comfortable with the carb up, which you don't do unless you've been on/in keto for approx a month regardless, look into a TKD style keto diet. This way you take some carbs only before/after lifting, it keeps your diet simple as you don't need two days of a completely different macro plan. This will also let you get into the keto diet, is doable from day 1, and you can fine-tune your future carb ups once/if you decide to switch over to a CKD.

Shelk

stevenning1025 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevenning1025 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevenning1025 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevenning1025 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevenning1025 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevenning1025 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevenning1025 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevenning1025 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevenning1025 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevenning1025 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevenning1025 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I somewhat get my diet but I really don't understand carb days it says to start Friday night till sat at midnight. how many carbs do I eat each day?
    carb up or a refeed is just to reintroduce your body to leptin (the fat burner) mine is usually 1 day, some say do HIIT right before you start refeeding. im gonna try to do that on my next refeed, cardio in the morning then just eat carbs throughout the day. my body weight is roughly 180lbs im aiming for anywhere from 500-550g of complex carbs ( sweet potatoes, oats, whole grain, brown rice, maybe some ice cream nearing the end just to satisfy craving) and i'll do it either the day before or the day of the most taxing training day, which is leg day.
    -nutrition
    -patience
    -ass busting workout.

Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Shelk87 View Post
    If you aren't comfortable with the carb up, which you don't do unless you've been on/in keto for approx a month regardless, look into a TKD style keto diet. This way you take some carbs only before/after lifting, it keeps your diet simple as you don't need two days of a completely different macro plan. This will also let you get into the keto diet, is doable from day 1, and you can fine-tune your future carb ups once/if you decide to switch over to a CKD.

Shelk
    I was told you have to wait 2-4 weeks to fat adapt before starting the tkd...