Thread: Trx

arthurjohng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Trx

I was trying to see if there was already a thread dedicated to the TRX but I kept getting 404 Errors. I've been using my own personal one for almost 4 years now and when I moved to Dallas not to long ago I found out my local Gold's had one as well. My main question is about their certification. Is there anyone who has already taken the class and is certified? I'm NASM already but I want to add to my resume but I don't know if the class is worth it. It's only $300 so much cheaper than alot of certs but I was hoping someone had some info for me.

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by arthurjohng View Post
    I was trying to see if there was already a thread dedicated to the TRX but I kept getting 404 Errors. I've been using my own personal one for almost 4 years now and when I moved to Dallas not to long ago I found out my local Gold's had one as well. My main question is about their certification. Is there anyone who has already taken the class and is certified? I'm NASM already but I want to add to my resume but I don't know if the class is worth it. It's only $300 so much cheaper than alot of certs but I was hoping someone had some info for me.
    There have been some TRX threads here (in the Equipment subforum), but I don't recall seeing one asking about certifications.

You might try asking this question over in the personal training subforum of this site.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by arthurjohng View Post
    Worth is a relative term...If you train clients and you think it will help you retain or add more clients because of the added knowledge, you can't really put a value on that benefit. I had a very good working knowledge of TRX before doing the cert, and I still learned some things that made it worth it for me at least.

LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Never even considered this cert, IMO there are better, more useful certs, if you are talking about training clients. Not to say it's useless or not worth something, but if I am going to pay for a dedicated class their are other certs I would go after way before TRX.

Depends who you are going to train. If you train primarily athletes like football players, TRX is not really going to do much for your practical knowledge as most of their training is not going to be bodyweight movements.

If you train fitness enthusiasts like soccer moms and people trying to "stay in shape" I think it could be useful since you'll have some novel ways to keep them interested and achieve certain training effects.