CoffeeCake12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How to squat for a bigger butt?

Long time ago I was squatting with a weight and I noticed that it made my butt toned but WAY smaller then it was before. So I started doing squats without any weights and my butt definitely got bigger. I've been doing it without weights for awhile. But now I noticed that its starting to get smaller again so I was wondering what's the most effective way to do squats for a,bigger butt? how many reps should I do? with or, without weights?? Btw I'm a, female.
    Please and thanks.

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    The more you sit back into the squat the better glute activation you'll get. As you burn calories and lose fat you'll lose size in your butt. Hypertrophy range is 8-12. You should be doing them with weight.
    Experience, not just theory

AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Squat as low as possible for glute/ham activation. 8-12 reps for 3 sets for muscle mass. you should be pretty gassed by 10 reps or so make sure you're using the proper weights.

1 leg press is also good for glutes. same rep range, 8-12 reps 3-4 sets (Again use a weight you are able to get at-least 8 reps with)

don't skip on doing leg abduction/adduction for the rest of the upper leg. Hitting the gluteus medius and minmus (outside portions of the butt) is as important as the maximus.

the reason it got smaller is because you were probably losing fat around that area? the butt is usually the first place fat leaves when you are in a caloric deficit.
    http://tiny.cc/GoldenEra

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hehe

davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by AirForceV View Post
    Squat as low as possible for glute/ham activation. 8-12 reps for 3 sets for muscle mass. you should be pretty gassed by 10 reps or so make sure you're using the proper weights.

1 leg press is also good for glutes. same rep range, 8-12 reps 3-4 sets (Again use a weight you are able to get at-least 8 reps with)

don't skip on doing leg abduction/adduction for the rest of the upper leg. Hitting the gluteus medius and minmus (outside portions of the butt) is as important as the maximus.

the reason it got smaller is because you were probably losing fat around that area? the butt is usually the first place fat leaves when you are in a caloric deficit.
    There are a lot of great points here.

It may be one of the first places to notice fat loss due to females carrying a larger portion of fat in this area. I'm sure you didn't actually mean fat comes off there first as fat comes off the entire body proportionally.
    Last edited by davisj3537; 02-18-2013 at 11:13 PM.

veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    There are a lot of great point here.

It may be one of the first places to notice fat loss due to females carrying a larger portion of fat in this area. I'm sure you didn't actually mean fat comes off there first as fat comes off the entire body proportionally.
    Well... if you have a lot of fat in your butt area, that is the place you'll notice fat loss first, probably.

Originally Posted by veggie530 View Post
    Well... if you have a lot of fat in your butt area, that is the place you'll notice fat loss first, probably.
    I feel like someone has already said this. lol
    It may be one of the first places to notice fat loss
    I couldn't help it veggie. It was perfect. lol

veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I feel like someone has already said this. lol

I couldn't help it veggie. It was perfect. lol
    Jesus Christ, I must be tired, lol.

Don't mind me, nothing to see here, folks.

TakeEverything is not very well liked. (-100) TakeEverything is not very well liked. (-100) TakeEverything is not very well liked. (-100) TakeEverything is not very well liked. (-100) TakeEverything is not very well liked. (-100) TakeEverything is not very well liked. (-100) TakeEverything is not very well liked. (-100) TakeEverything is not very well liked. (-100) TakeEverything is not very well liked. (-100) TakeEverything is not very well liked. (-100) TakeEverything is not very well liked. (-100)
    Ronnie Coleman swears on lunges for glutes over squats...

CoffeeCake12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TakeEverything View Post
    Ronnie Coleman swears on lunges for glutes over squats...
    Idk, if I'm doing, my, lunges correctly cause I don't notice a difference when I do them. Am I supposed to step out far, or at a 90 degree angle? Any tips?

sweatisbeauty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sweatisbeauty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sweatisbeauty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sweatisbeauty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sweatisbeauty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sweatisbeauty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sweatisbeauty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sweatisbeauty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sweatisbeauty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sweatisbeauty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sweatisbeauty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I will say that I have noticed a great increase from atg squats and lots of lunges. (to get better movement, start with zercher squats or just plain air squats) Squats I do on a squat rack, lunges I alternate from smith machine to walking lunges. The reason is with the smith I can open my stance up wider and lean a little and it really gets deep in your booty for me! Walking lunges are just great all around, I think. I also do butt bridges! HEAVY. As heavy as I can go! Those help a lot as well. I also use the leg press for a split squat alternative. I have horrible balance so only using one leg and going deep seems to kind of imitate the movement. Also, the abductor machine! I usually do 2 leg/butt days per week...unless my body tells me I can do more. For instance, this week I am doing 3 leg days because the first one...I did two exercises and left the gym. If I am not feeling it, I won't workout because I feel like I am not fully focused and the workout is a scratch anyways. But that is just me

Now, here is my question...I am always looking for ways to add mass to my a**....I have heard someone tell me 12-15 reps is better for women and I am currently trying this. I am no body building master so I go off of what more educated people say about it and see if it works for me...however, I don't think I have noticed much of a difference lately? Maybe I will go back to 8-12 and add weight. I can't keep the same weight for the higher reps and I don't want to end up losing because of what a personal trainer thinks is correct. SO, I guess that is my question...

What is the magical rep range? If there is any.

sweatisbeauty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sweatisbeauty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sweatisbeauty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sweatisbeauty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sweatisbeauty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sweatisbeauty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sweatisbeauty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sweatisbeauty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sweatisbeauty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sweatisbeauty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sweatisbeauty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I also forgot deadlifts and goodmornings. Currently, I can't do deads because I hurt my back....depressing. However, goodmornings are good for upper booty building! I also use the leg strap on the cable machines and do donkey kicks? (is that the name?) I do those rarely but they do work very well. Either way you go, lift as heavy as you can lift for whatever amount of reps you need to gain...Idk that much! lol. And it will slowly grow...keep in mind, this doesn't happen over night. I eat A LOT and I am patient and dedicated. I have reached a plateau in my butt gains so I am also looking for some ways to get bigger. For now, maybe I will try upping the weight and the protein intake and seeing where that road takes me. Also, I was at a college track meet the other day and noticed ALL of the girls have donks....it can be easily assumed these are from weighted sprints or just regular sprints. I think for the summer I am going to add those once a week and see what it does for my bum.

futurebody90 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) futurebody90 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) futurebody90 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) futurebody90 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) futurebody90 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) futurebody90 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) futurebody90 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) futurebody90 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) futurebody90 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) futurebody90 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) futurebody90 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Spread your legs out more and squat low.