gjvatsalya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Myth or Fact?: Nutrition affects whether you get acne/pimples.

I've been looking and browsing around the web, and I'm reading a lot of conflicting reports.
    So I was wondering whether you people know the answer to my question, whether we get pimples/acne based on the kinds of food we eat.

A source/citation would be appreciated as well!

Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Don't have time to go into sources, but nutrition can certainly have an influence on whether you get acne, but it's not much. Most of that will be due to skin condition and hormones. That being said, nutrition is one of the few things you can control, so experiment a bit by manipulating your diet and see what happens. You don't have any to lose by doing so.
    OG 2004 Join Date

Max Lifts @ 190 lbs:
    - Benchpress - 235 lbs
    - Deadlift - 440 lbs
    - Squat - 365 lbs

KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Your nutrition plays a highly important role in how prevalent acne is. If you foods rich in carbohydrates, your acne may worsen. Contrary to popular belief, greasy foods and soda don't increase acne.
    ~Veni Vidi Vici~

CandyForce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CandyForce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CandyForce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CandyForce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CandyForce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CandyForce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CandyForce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CandyForce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CandyForce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CandyForce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CandyForce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    stay away from KFC.

BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by KwayZee View Post
    Your nutrition plays a highly important role in how prevalent acne is. If you foods rich in carbohydrates, your acne may worsen. Contrary to popular belief, greasy foods and soda don't increase acne.
    Except for the fact that soda contains a high amount of carbohydrates :S
    The first known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used by Egyptians in 2000 B.C.

sauerkraut will become famous soon enough. (+50) sauerkraut will become famous soon enough. (+50) sauerkraut will become famous soon enough. (+50) sauerkraut will become famous soon enough. (+50) sauerkraut will become famous soon enough. (+50) sauerkraut will become famous soon enough. (+50) sauerkraut will become famous soon enough. (+50) sauerkraut will become famous soon enough. (+50) sauerkraut will become famous soon enough. (+50) sauerkraut will become famous soon enough. (+50) sauerkraut will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    http://www.acne.org/diet-and-acne.html

There isn't enough evidence to prove or disprove a direct link. I notice my forehead gets more blemish-y when I consume more foods with Splenda.

DrZeusss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrZeusss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrZeusss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrZeusss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrZeusss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrZeusss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrZeusss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrZeusss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrZeusss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrZeusss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrZeusss is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I personally dont think diet and acne have much correlation, and there is no evidence that does either

I had bad acne back in high school and took accutane, it pretty much cured my acne and now I cant even remember the last time I had a breakout......my diet hasnt changed at all since then and i've always eaten pretty much whatever I want, so take that for what its worth

k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DrZeusss View Post
    I personally dont think diet and acne have much correlation, and there is no evidence that does either

I had bad acne back in high school and took accutane, it pretty much cured my acne and now I cant even remember the last time I had a breakout......my diet hasnt changed at all since then and i've always eaten pretty much whatever I want, so take that for what its worth
    You must don't have a true food allergy. I do.

I'm in my 30's and will still get acne if I eat certain things. Otherwise I won't get any breakouts.

If it goes into my body and my body doesn't like it, it's going to come out one way or another. I have family members that are the same way (that are far grown).

mc-girk is just really nice. (+1000) mc-girk is just really nice. (+1000) mc-girk is just really nice. (+1000) mc-girk is just really nice. (+1000) mc-girk is just really nice. (+1000) mc-girk is just really nice. (+1000) mc-girk is just really nice. (+1000) mc-girk is just really nice. (+1000) mc-girk is just really nice. (+1000) mc-girk is just really nice. (+1000) mc-girk is just really nice. (+1000)
    Certain foods make me breakout.

I asked my dermatologist once, he explained that foods dont directly have a correlation to breakouts however, foods that increase that oilyness of your skin can lead to breakouts, especially if you're naturally inclined to have more oily skin

Fast food
    Certain nuts
    Chips
    Soft drinks

Dont know the science behind it, or if there is any...but if i have these foods consistently my skin looks worse and I tend to breakout

gjvatsalya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mc-girk View Post
    Certain foods make me breakout.

I asked my dermatologist once, he explained that foods dont directly have a correlation to breakouts however, foods that increase that oilyness of your skin can lead to breakouts, especially if you're naturally inclined to have more oily skin

Fast food
    Certain nuts
    Chips
    Soft drinks

Dont know the science behind it, or if there is any...but if i have these foods consistently my skin looks worse and I tend to breakout
    I have a similar reaction to foods like that as well.
    If I eat nuts, anything sweet (especially with butter), granola bars, some types of ice cream, then I'll get acne. It sucks but I guess I'll just have to modify my diet which should fine considering I'm cutting anyway.

Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It seems like it really depends on how your own body reacts to certain things.

I still haven't exactly found the certain type of food that causes me to get acne even though I'm 25 and have had it since I was 11. What I do know though is when carbohydrates compromise most of my diet I tend to break out much more often.
    Dirty Leb Crew
    US Army Infantry 2009-2013 'Murica

amills2015 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amills2015 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amills2015 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amills2015 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amills2015 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amills2015 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amills2015 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amills2015 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amills2015 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amills2015 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amills2015 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I can't quote any links or science but I can speak from personal experience. I get bad acne once I start drinking pop and eating candy. Diet pop doesn't affect it at all and I can eat loads of bread and rice and no change. So that leaves one obvious conclusion. Sugars gives me acne. Dunno if it's directly from sugar or indirectly from what sugar is doing to my body but it is definitely sugar that gives me acne from a diet perspective.
    ****s

Fliperaci is just really nice. (+1000) Fliperaci is just really nice. (+1000) Fliperaci is just really nice. (+1000) Fliperaci is just really nice. (+1000) Fliperaci is just really nice. (+1000) Fliperaci is just really nice. (+1000) Fliperaci is just really nice. (+1000) Fliperaci is just really nice. (+1000) Fliperaci is just really nice. (+1000) Fliperaci is just really nice. (+1000) Fliperaci is just really nice. (+1000)
    Stopped drinking milk / eating ice cream -> all body acne and 90% of face acne disappeared...

go figure!