RedSox1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) RedSox1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) RedSox1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) RedSox1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) RedSox1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) RedSox1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) RedSox1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) RedSox1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) RedSox1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) RedSox1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) RedSox1990 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Can someone recommend a good beginner primarily dumbbell routine?

I like doing dumbbells best at the gym. I want to do a Monday/Wednesday/Friday split. Anyone have any recommendations for a beginner routine with primarily dumbbell exercises?? (Doesn't have to be all dumbbells) Also do you guys think its better to start off working the whole body 3 times a week or focus on a certain muscle group like bis/back one day, tris/chest another and legs/shoulders? My main goal is to lower my body fat % and build muscle. Thanks in advance!

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can do All Pro's Simple Beginner Routine with dumbbells, until they are too light(depending on the weights available) to provide enough resistance for squats and stiff leg deads. Then you can continue with barbells until you are too strong to progress any more on a beginner program.

Then it is time for a more advanced program like 5 3 1.
    Beginners:

FIERCE 5:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

Beyond novice, 5 3 1 or see above:)

Unless it is obvious to anyone who isn't blind that you lift weights, you might still benefit from a little more attention to big basic barbell exercises for enough reps:).

theNorthPole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theNorthPole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theNorthPole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theNorthPole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theNorthPole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theNorthPole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theNorthPole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theNorthPole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theNorthPole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theNorthPole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theNorthPole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by RedSox1990 View Post
    I like doing dumbbells best at the gym. I want to do a Monday/Wednesday/Friday split. Anyone have any recommendations for a beginner routine with primarily dumbbell exercises?? (Doesn't have to be all dumbbells) Also do you guys think its better to start off working the whole body 3 times a week or focus on a certain muscle group like bis/back one day, tris/chest another and legs/shoulders? My main goal is to lower my body fat % and build muscle. Thanks in advance!
    Hi. I'm a beginner as well, and use only dumbbells for now. I'm using the Starting Strength program. I just finished doing my workout: Squats, Bench Press, and Dead lifts. The program is designed for barbell, but dumbbells are what I have to work with right now.