Irep20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help getting rid of my hourglass figure

Hi i just joined the forums and i was wandering if anyone had any advice on how to get rid of an hourglass figure. Im an 18 year old male and weigh about 165 pounds and i'm about 5'10. I have been doing some oblique exercises hoping that it will even out but ' not sure if this is the right thing to do. I just recently lost about 50 pounds and i'm doing mostly lifting now but i'm not sure if i have to lose more weight to make it better or gain mass overall or what to do. If anyone has any advice it would be really helpful thanks.
    Attached Images

DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Irep20 View Post
    Hi i just joined the forums and i was wandering if anyone had any advice on how to get rid of an hourglass figure. Im an 18 year old male and weigh about 165 pounds and i'm about 5'10. I have been doing some oblique exercises hoping that it will even out but ' not sure if this is the right thing to do. I just recently lost about 50 pounds and i'm doing mostly lifting now but i'm not sure if i have to lose more weight to make it better or gain mass overall or what to do. If anyone has any advice it would be really helpful thanks.
    Hi, ATM you are a "skinny fat". that means you have some muscle building to do. Ignore the fat and focus on gains. Don't be afraid fat that comes with building muscle. That's the way to go! Keep your caloric surplus small to minimize the fat gains i say .5 lb gain per week should be good.

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The obliques are a rather small muscle, and get trained in more intermediate stages of core development with isolation exercises. The hip-flexors would be a more practical exercise to start with, and it's likely that you've already become accustomed to them. The hip-flexors run from front base of your waist to the inner part of your thighs. Working them out assists this situation by keeping the area tight between the torso and hips.

Doing crunches will help by expanding the abdominals out to the sides to fill the area, thereafter.

Working out your quadriceps, and hip abductors and hip adductors will add to the effect of helping keep your torso tight to your waist.

Doing pull-ups will also help to fill up the back-side area of your torso that makes up the convex effect above your hip-bones.

All of this in conjunction with other exercises (as you may have gathered from this), is just part of general fitness, and this issue isn't the result of one muscle failing to fill in a gap. That being said, it's not that rigorous of a workout regimen to get this area in shape, but the approach of making obliques bigger is kind of looking at it backwards. The hour glass figure you're talking about will start to turn inside out as the upper and lower body expand, and the mid-section of your body tightens.

Last edited by GeneralSerpant; 02-17-2013 at 08:37 PM.

markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your skinny-fat bro, you need to bulk. This might sound counter-intuitive since all you want to do is fix your hourglass figure, but if you cut down enough to get rid of the side fat, your just gonna look like a skeleton. Put some muscle on first, then cut. Do a clean bulk though, you dont want to have to cut 50 pounds of fat.

igregie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) igregie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) igregie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) igregie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah, I'm currently skinny-fat in terms of being over weight for the past years.
    I'm currently trying to build as much muscle as possible.

TSFP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TSFP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TSFP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TSFP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TSFP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TSFP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TSFP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TSFP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TSFP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TSFP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TSFP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by igregie View Post
    Yeah, I'm currently skinny-fat in terms of being over weight for the past years.
    I'm currently trying to build as much muscle as possible.
    Know all these feels. OP I'm pretty much the same as you. Clean bulk and lift heavy
    Take nothing for granted and enjoy life as a whole, the ups and downs, its all part of the ride and makes us who we are. -saffaBRAH (RIP)

--♥♥--♥♥--TEAM MISC BIG C SUPPORT--♥♥--♥♥--

RIP mainsqueeze530 1991-2013

SACRAMENTO KINGS

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

Starting weight: 119

Danfaya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Irep20 View Post
    Oh brah same as you where here, i dont kow if you suceeded but if you are there, just know that you are not alone, and also i have exactly the same stats as you, height, weight, hips, even skin color xD

vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Do you even lift?